Pets

This forum is for serious discussions of any kind.

Moderator: Hall of Speakers Moderators

BBkat
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade
Gender: Literally just six cats of varying gender identities sharing a suit of human skin

Re: Pets

Post by BBkat »

AnaYamazaki wrote:Alright so I made the mention that I would post up pictures and such of all my snoots so here we go.

Lunar Ghost (AKA: Luna)
Spoiler

She was my first pet snake ever. I got her as a small noodle not freshly hatched but she was rather small. I've been raising her and all the troubles shes put me through have made me a much more experienced reptile owner. I lost her twice and both time she thankfully remained in my home despite us always having the back door open so I eventually found her. She has an amazing attitude too! She is a little feisty and a bit hissy but she never strikes. She did do some mock strikes back when I first started taming her but she is completely docile now only does some cranky hisses and then completely mellows out once shes in my hands. She is okay with others handling her too never hissing or striking at anyone new. Shes so spunky and adorable I just love her to death and can't wait for her to get big.
What kind of snake is Luna? She's so pretty.
AnaYamazaki
CreaturesTrade

Post by AnaYamazaki »

BradTheMad wrote:AnaYamazaki; cool pictures! Love your pets. <3
Thank you so very much. They are all near and dear to me. I recently am going through some stress and depression since Oliver had gone missing and was found a week later at a shelter really beat up and sick, and blacky has gone missing and there is no sign of him in any shelter or in the neighborhood. I'm hoping all ends well.
BBkat wrote:
AnaYamazaki wrote:Alright so I made the mention that I would post up pictures and such of all my snoots so here we go.

Lunar Ghost (AKA: Luna)
Spoiler

She was my first pet snake ever. I got her as a small noodle not freshly hatched but she was rather small. I've been raising her and all the troubles shes put me through have made me a much more experienced reptile owner. I lost her twice and both time she thankfully remained in my home despite us always having the back door open so I eventually found her. She has an amazing attitude too! She is a little feisty and a bit hissy but she never strikes. She did do some mock strikes back when I first started taming her but she is completely docile now only does some cranky hisses and then completely mellows out once shes in my hands. She is okay with others handling her too never hissing or striking at anyone new. Shes so spunky and adorable I just love her to death and can't wait for her to get big.
What kind of snake is Luna? She's so pretty.
Luna is a high white banana king snake. :3 Shes a gorgeous girl and I just had to have her when I saw her. Shes my queeny.
Please help me get my cat some vet care after a local shelter mistreated him Image <--Click here for more info...
ImageImageImage Image
thekage
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident
CreaturesTrade

Post by thekage »

I figure this is a good as any, returning after almost 3 years, post. About a year ago I adopted a cat after moving out on my own for the first time.

His name is Arturius and I got him at the shelter with my roomie. I am not sure what will happen when it comes time for us humans to separate our ways. I imagine I will be going to a shelter the first thing I can so that I can find another love if I am unable to keep Arturius.
Spoiler
ImageImage
Happy Holidays! I'd love any of the new Winter Holidays Creatures :3
I've got a full amount under my tree, Thank you!
ZephyrDrake
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by ZephyrDrake »

I just go my new kitten 2 days ago :bounce:
Spoiler
His name is Casper. His mum is a beautiful lilac classic tabby moggy. His dad is a seal point ragdoll. He's a lilac pointed classic tabby, with his tabby markings being faint but still there. All his litter mates were seal point and did not show any tabby markings. He's a little spaz, running around, jumping across the couches, dragging his toys under things, tossing his cat tunnel around the room, and stalking us around the room. He loves toys that stay on the ground like balls with bells in them and toy mice, but is not so sure about toys he has to look up to find.

My housemate is getting two rescue kittens on Wednesday. One is a permanent adoption, while the other is until a forever home is found for him. These two kittens have been named Mia (the one my housemate is keeping) and Ser Pounce. Hopefully Casper enjoys having playmates, and we can help Ser Pounce become a well adjusted and well socialized kitten before he finds his forever home.
25/25
Thank you so much to everyone who gifted me!
Please come visit my recently reopened Breeding Ranch and Quicksales!
RusticRabbit
CreaturesTrade

Post by RusticRabbit »

I have 3 pets (4 including my brother):

2 of them are cats. They are sisters, though they look almost nothing alike (they have the same eyebrows though). One of them is named Pepper. She is sable (a really dark brown, it looks like black but in the sun it is slightly reddish) and has 2 white dots on her belly. She also has yellow eyes. She is really fat and likes to lay down on her back with her paws in the air. She likes to claw and bite my hand when I scratch her belly too much. One of the cutest things she does is when she comes inside or wakes up from a nap she make a sound like a meow-purr but shes not purring.

Vanna is Pepper's sister. She looks like a siamese cat, but her points are lighter and her fur looks more dusty than a siamese. She has a lighter blue eye and the other was the same color but then she lost the color in one eye. She was born blind or it developed when she was a kitten and the eye turned cloudy black. She also ran into stuff when we got her. She has dreams when she sleeps and her mouth and feet twitch and move. Sometimes her ears slightly move. When ever she is like that and I pet her, she meows in a really cute way.

Since they are sisters, we got them at the same time. There mom was owned by my neighbor and they have 2 other cats. They are outside cats. But their mom was an indoor cat and she was not fixed. She some how got out and was pregnant. She had 5 kittens. After a month or two, 3 of the 5 kittens disappeared. They died, but nobody knows how. My family and I got them about 3 years ago.

I also have a dog. She is a mutt. My family and I have guessed that she is part ridge-back, labrador, and possibably dauchund. She probably has more in her though. She is medium sized with red fur (it is kinda like hershy chocolate). She is around 9 years old. She has chocolate eyes too. She loves to take walks. She hates to take pills. She also likes (trying) to hunt squirrels and bubbles. One cute thing she does is sneeze and then put he paw over he face. Another thing she does is get so excited about taking walks she runs and jump on my family and I. :woo: She also loves car rides.

We got her when she was about 2 or 3. She was living with one of my neighbors. They had 2 other dogs and so they couldn't take care of all the dogs properly. She ran away from there and got lost. She got dropped of at my house and then my dad took her for a walk. The next day he said we were keeping her. I had always wanted a dog and I had finally got one.

I don't have good pictures of them on my computer but I hope I did a good enough description.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Solembumer
CreaturesTrade

Post by Solembumer »

My family has a menagerie right now...

The list:
-2 dogs
-2 cats
-2 geckos
-1 shark
-1 snapping turtle (assumed)
-various fish

So, the weirdos first. Info in their spoilers. No photos for anyone but the cats and dogs... sorry... D: Camera is broken.

Shark:
Spoiler
It's a tiny guy, two inches long. He lives in a 55 gallon tank with his friends. He'll be a foot long if he lives to adulthood... and he'll be moved to our 100 gallon pond. :D
Snapping Turtle:
Spoiler
Found in the swimming pool. He's about 3-4" long, and has his own one gallon tank. We assume he's a snapping turtle. He has a LONG tail.
Fish:
Spoiler
They have a 55 gallon tank. The oldest two (from 2010) passed away recently: one during Thanksgiving, and one during a twelve hour power outage over the summer. We had no backup for the tank power, and he probably suffocated from the aerator being without power (The aerator puts oxygen in the water, and is necessary for some species's survival. Bettas are one of the few that don't require this.
Geckos:
Spoiler
We have two leopard geckos! They are really nice. One is mostly yellow, one has mostly spots. They are named Neio and Spot, respectively.
Kitty #1: Sparta
Spoiler
Sparta is named because he chewed on a seatbelt and was initially like Mean Kitty. (Here's the song if you are new to the internet.) He's a cuddlebug. He likes to play outside. He's Alex's twin.
Kitty #2: Alex
Spoiler
Alex is actually Alex Mason Rider. He is named after COD (Alex Mason), and the Alex Rider books. He's a "look don't touch" cat but he's so soft he gets touched anyways. He's Sparta's twin.
Dog #1: Athena
Spoiler
This dog is a white demon. Ugh. She's two and utterly untrainable... not my fault. She's not mine. (Sorry for the bad photo... it's the only one I have here I think.) She's a beagle and lab mix.
Dog #2: Nikki :D (My favorite pet.)
Spoiler
This dog saved my life back in 2010 from a rabid animal. She is seven and she's really shy and sweet. She is not solid black; she is black and tan points with extensive masking... I have no photos that really show this, but if you ever see her IRL, she's got two small red patches on her chest. She's a Finnish Lapphund and Chow Chow mix. She's very well trained and can do some tricks! Namely give you a high five.
Image Recent photo!! Haha I found one that isn't ancient. Thanks, Imgur.
I no longer use this name (and have not in years) but if I changed it I'd never find this account again....

ImageImageImageImageImage
BBkat
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade
Gender: Literally just six cats of varying gender identities sharing a suit of human skin

Post by BBkat »

I'm pretty sure you're not supposed to keep Snappers as pets, they're rather, aggressive. I'd suggest finding somewhere to release it.
Silenxia
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by Silenxia »

Aw you got a widdle shark, how cute ^^.

We got ourselves a new puppy, adopted from a shelter project at one of the local prisons. He is a purebred Chihuahua and is quite cute...he loves giving kisses and bounces around.
The Wishlist in my profile is outdated (I can't quite figure out how to edit it now, so many of the creatures there have already been obtained).

Gift ideas: I am looking for event creatures now, but most anything will go. Thank you to everyone who has helped me achieve my Crystalwing goals.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
SilverFox12578
CreaturesTrade

Post by SilverFox12578 »

I currently have two budgies/ parakeets, a Labrador pup, a fish and a cat. We're planning on going to a shelter soon to fetch a friend for our lab.. she gets lonely when we're not around..
:D These are my companions!
Apollo: Image Kodi: Image

Post by myultimateanswer »

Since everyone is talking about people picking up after dogs can I rant a little about horses. Now I don't know what it's like where you live but i live in the countryside, like a 3 minute walk to sheep and horses, so around my homestead there are riders riding their horses and not picking up their poo! Why?! I understand the reasoning that the poo is biodegradable and doesn't stink that much and all that but you know what it's the road! tarmac! It's not biodegrading there, I'd be fine if they'd get off their literal high horse and just kicked their poop to the wayside where it could actually biodegrade and not just look and smell horrible as well as getting on cars tires.
\(-_-)/
Please feel free to PM me about anime, manga and fanfiction. I wanna chat! :3
Dream pet!: Fire kitsune (If you have one PM me and i'll try to get enough!!!!)

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “Hall of Speakers”