Collaborative Magistream NaNo?!

Share any written short stories, novels, or poetry

Moderator: Tea House Moderators

Kestrad
Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Collaborative Magistream NaNo?!

Post by Kestrad »

So this idea's been thrown around a few times on the HWYD thread, but hasn't ever actually been acted upon. November's coming up, and we all know what that means - time to polish that keyboard in preparation to type furiously away for NaNo! This thread's an interest check to see if any MS people are interested in collaborating on a NaNo work for the site. That is, trying to write a 50k word story together, posted on the forums here for all to see!

The way I see it working would be that each interested person is assigned days on which to write a certain number of words (I believe it was ~1,700 to be on target). They post what they've written, and the next person works with all the previous posts to write their section the next day. Other suggestions on how to make this idea work would definitely be welcome, though.

Will this be a mess? Absolutely! But hopefully a fun mess. :woo:
Kestrad has been eaten by life. She'll probably pop back in occasionally.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Keep story | Portal Guild | Graphics Shop
Please do not click my hatchlings. Thank you.
Avatar by Kingsfisher, sig art by herinbon
Pok
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association
CreaturesTrade

Re: Collaborative Magistream NaNo?!

Post by Pok »

Kestrad wrote:So this idea's been thrown around a few times on the HWYD thread, but hasn't ever actually been acted upon. November's coming up, and we all know what that means - time to polish that keyboard in preparation to type furiously away for NaNo! This thread's an interest check to see if any MS people are interested in collaborating on a NaNo work for the site. That is, trying to write a 50k word story together, posted on the forums here for all to see!

The way I see it working would be that each interested person is assigned days on which to write a certain number of words (I believe it was ~1,700 to be on target). They post what they've written, and the next person works with all the previous posts to write their section the next day. Other suggestions on how to make this idea work would definitely be welcome, though.

Will this be a mess? Absolutely! But hopefully a fun mess. :woo:
I'd promise, but I have my own NaNo on the other topic.

But if it's on, SHORE COUNT ME IN :woo:

We could write a legend!
crimbo!
Wolfsister
CreaturesTrade

Post by Wolfsister »

I might be interested. I definitely won't have time to do my own Nano this year, but I will be on a looser schedule come November, so specific days would work for me. Depending on interest and how much people want to write, there could be side stories and such. It could end up epic or hilarious (or both).

The other way I could see this working is like an RP (I know there was an MS one a while back that I participated in a bit) where we all go on some adventure and play off each other, but aren't confined to specific posting times. That might be problematic, though, when it comes to keeping the word count on track--maybe one person could be assigned to progressing the story each day with a longer post, but others could be free to add smaller snippets and interactions along the way.
Pok
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by Pok »

Alternatively, the NaNo 50k could be made up of a bunch of different stories, and we total up the word count. That way even if someone wasn't going to do a novel about MS, they could still contribute.
crimbo!

Return to “Tea House”