The Atrium

Discuss MagiStream and site-related topics.
Talyn
CreaturesTrade

Re: The Atrium

Post by Talyn »

...So has anyone been by the stream lately? I don't know if I'm going crazy or what, but there's a nasty smell around there that keeps getting worse.
My buddy:

Mathcat
Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by Mathcat »

Ekaira shrugged. "Well, we are coming up on decessus season again. It could be that." She'd wandered in a little while ago, expecting to find the Atrium empty as usual, and had been surprised to see other magi. Well, activity did tend to pick up when a major holiday was imminent.
Wishlist here

Still on AO3 as Mathcat2 - stories for Magistream, Dragon Cave, Forest of Mirrors, and Jelle's Marble Runs, plus original fiction. New stories every Tuesday and Friday during November 2023.

(Signature decorations courtesy of HopingFaith.)
Talyn
CreaturesTrade

Post by Talyn »

Sure, maybe it could be the decessuses...but I dunno. Maybe I've been traveling too much and been gone too long, but I don't remember it smelling THAT bad before.
My buddy:

Mathcat
CreaturesTrade

Post by Mathcat »

Well, this being Talyn, there was another possibility. "You didn't happen to bring anything...unusual back with you this time, did you? Any strange figurines or odd insects? Any weird souvenirs?"
Wishlist here

Still on AO3 as Mathcat2 - stories for Magistream, Dragon Cave, Forest of Mirrors, and Jelle's Marble Runs, plus original fiction. New stories every Tuesday and Friday during November 2023.

(Signature decorations courtesy of HopingFaith.)
Leorobin
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by Leorobin »

I haven't been to the stream lately, but it would be a good idea to find out where the smell comes from. Greetings.
Talyn
CreaturesTrade

Post by Talyn »

The smell is getting REALLY strong. Blech. I don't even wanna go down there to find more frogs.
My buddy:

PKGriffin
Site Moderator
CreaturesTrade
Gender: Literally just six cats of varying gender identities sharing a suit of human skin

Post by PKGriffin »

*Ducks various purplish potions*

Ah, I see the new --

*Holds up a platypus in defense*

The new holiday creatures and --

*Gets smacked in the face with potion goo*

So. It begins.
-------------------------
ImageImageImageImage
Naomi
CreaturesTrade

Post by Naomi »

Don't you dare bring those potions into the Library! I don't know what's in them but I doubt it's good for books.
Esko
CreaturesTrade

Post by Esko »

It wasn't often that the wolf magi stepped out into society to chat. Normally, he kept to himself, only venturing out of the keep in case he had to. Otherwise, he was considered a hermit; stayed in his own place, coming out only when he felt he had to.
This time was different, however. While visiting his Green Torveus, she urged him to go out and socialize. Of course, she was always worried for his social life.
The magi, Esko, grumbled after he ordered his Dandelion Tea. He always had a fondness for the drink, despite the bitterness. While he waited for the drink to arrive, he took out a sketchbook and began to draw. The coolness of the air was not the reason he kept his hood up; it was to hide his face. His furry head, rather. Being a Direwolf enchanted to be humanoid was not fun, and most of the reason his social life was terrible; not a lot of people would like seeing a walking wolf around.
When his drink arrived, he stirred it with the mint sprig and began to chew on the plant. When the mint was mush, and there was a strong taste of nature and mint in his mouth, he subtley spit the mush back into the tea. Then he began to drink, keeping his green eyes on the other magi that lurked around the area.

(Oh man, is the enchanted wolf thing okay in-canon? I never got to sit down and read the Magistream lore .-.)
Axcyia
Member of Artificer's Association
CreaturesTrade
Gender: Literally just six cats of varying gender identities sharing a suit of human skin

Post by Axcyia »

Axcyia looked around the Atrium curiously, holding a Tenabre Fox hatchling in her arms.
She wasn't exactly the most sociable person around, but it seemed quiet enough today to at least look around without being interrupted by anyone around. Well, not that anyone usually noticed her.
She wandered around with her usual mournful looking expression, taking in the sights and sounds.
It's been a while since I left the Keep, isn't it?
Axcyia wondered if she may as well return there, as there seemed to be nothing else to do here. Suddenly, the Tenabre Fox hatchling she held wriggled out of her grip and began running towards a group of magi, who seemed to be casually engaged in a conversation. The bells on the hatchling's collar jingled happily.
"N-Nero!" She called to the mischievous hatchling with a grimace. "Wait!"
She didn't want to have to explain everything to a group of strangers, all she wanted was to look around quietly and enjoy herself- Although now, it was painfully obvious Nero wanted to cause some mischief.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Return to “Community Discussion”