August Donations: Rok & Thurr Hvalur

Discuss MagiStream and site-related topics.
Rosehill
Coder
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Life
CreaturesTrade

Re: August Donation

Post by Rosehill »

My internet decided that today wasn't a good day to work. D: The August donation pets are now in the shops. Sorry for the delay!
Blazen749
MagiStream Donor
Member of Artificer's Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by Blazen749 »

droppeed

I'm more active on the Magistream discord.

4/25 Gifts

LTT/S/B In profile!

Blazen749
MagiStream Donor
Member of Artificer's Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by Blazen749 »

Anyone buying them?

Mod edit: Do not double post. Instead, use the edit button.

I'm more active on the Magistream discord.

4/25 Gifts

LTT/S/B In profile!

Taliesen
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident
CreaturesTrade

Post by Taliesen »

Rosehill wrote:My internet decided that today wasn't a good day to work. D: The August donation pets are now in the shops. Sorry for the delay!
It happens. :)
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Namyre
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by Namyre »

I don't know about you guys but I think it's time for another dragon. :yarly:
rallis
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Life
CreaturesTrade

Post by rallis »

Wow the hatchlings look cool! And dimorphism yes! Might have to get some of these but I think I'll wait until the adults.
I rent my donis for breeding. Check my About Me for details.

Anything in my Shop Stock tab is for sale. PM me if interested!
http://magistream.com/user/rallis/Shop-Stock

Rest in peace, Smores, the greatest dog in the world. July 19, 2007 - Jan. 6, 2018
There will never be a better friend than you.
DarknessHuntress
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Fire
CreaturesTrade

Post by DarknessHuntress »

These are really cool. Totally getting some for my b-day. :)
Feel free to mine in my keep. Hatchlings
My Shop: ~The Devil's Home~

15 gifts. Thanks. Wishlist is on my profile, thanks.

hazelnut
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by hazelnut »

Ahhhh they're beautiful :t-swoon: That settles it, I'm getting some.
NyxNoire
Site Moderator
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by NyxNoire »

Gorgeous! So sleek and powerful-looking, and love the colours. :D

Rok Hvalur
Female hatchling
Spoiler
A hatchling hvalur must eat constantly in order to build up the layer of blubber that will protect it from the cold. Their eggs are loaded with extra fats and oils for just this purpose, and immediately after hatching, a hvalur will turn around and consume the extra contents of its egg. This first meal can save the hvalur for only a few hours, but luckily the hatchlings are easily capable of hunting prey on their own. While rok hvalur parents do not coddle their young, they will stick around to keep it safe from harm. Male rok hvalur stay in the same pod they were born to their entire lives, but females migrate to other pods once they are of breeding age to maintain healthy gene pools.
Male adult
Spoiler
Rok Hvalur are welcome sights in the cold waters of the Arkene and Boreus. They tend to be playful creatures, breaching out of the water and swimming alongside the bows of larger ships. Like all hvalur, they possess a sort of magical echolocation ability which allows them to bounce clicks off of their surroundings to find prey and obstacles. They can concentrate these pulses into a stream of energy which is capable of turning any physical object to liquid, which they use when hunting to damage the brains and spines of their prey. Arkene magi estimate that the deadly range of a rok hvalur’s pulse is nearly a hundred feet underwater, though it must be closer to bring down animals as large as whales. Despite this raw strength, rok hvalur have never been known to hunt humans.
Thurr Hvalur
Female hatchling
Spoiler
A hatchling hvalur must eat constantly in order to build up the layer of blubber that will protect it from the cold. Their eggs are loaded with extra fats and oils for just this purpose, and immediately after hatching, a hvalur will turn around and consume the extra contents of its egg. This first meal can save the hvalur for only a few hours, but luckily the hatchlings are easily capable of hunting prey on their own. Thurr hvalur are solitary by nature, and receive no parental care. They are fully capable of using their magical pulses for hunting and defense, but also bear thick scales to protect them from sharks, orcas, and other large predators. Relatively few thurr hvalur reach adulthood, but those that do will eventually wander further south to seek out a mate.
<3 Thank you so much for my pressies! <3
ImageImageImage
ImageImage ImageImageImage Image
Shiranui
CreaturesTrade

Post by Shiranui »

The adults are beautiful!

Return to “Community Discussion”