Aquariums

This forum is for serious discussions of any kind.

Moderator: Hall of Speakers Moderators

Nikanika
CreaturesTrade

Re: Aquariums

Post by Nikanika »

Pre filled with carbon and well.. Spongey stuff...

Yeah we just have a pair of twenty watts

And we have both plastic and live plants and the Corys are eating some of the silk leaves I took it out but is this normal?!?
there are no bad people, just bad positions~ homer frost
then why should I trust someone in a bad position~ Astros nakimora Image
TNHawke
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by TNHawke »

Ok, with that kind of filter, I would definitely NOT add any more fish. They'll be cramped for swimming space, and those pre-filled cartridges are slightly better than worthless. They don't really have enough carbon in them to do much, and a lot of water goes by without ever touching the carbon because it's all clumped together in one spot. Shaking them up to try to spread it out still doesn't do much.

Cories eating the silk? no.... definitely not normal. Taking it out was a smart thing to do. When you feed your fish, is enough falling to the bottom for the cories to eat? I can't imagine any other reason than starving for them to munch a fake plant. I would expect the live one to get eaten first. If there isn't enough getting to the bottom, add a shrimp pellet or algae wafer every couple of days for them.

As to fishfood. I've been feeding the Tetra Crisps for YEARS. I love them. They don't dissolve after a minute, so the fish can actually eat them as they sink, some makes it all the way to the bottom for the cats to eat. And it seems to be good for them and doesn't seem to foul the water.
Hawke's IRL fiance, Lunaroki, suffered a massive stroke and died on Tuesday, March 31st, 2015.

Hawke needs to concentrate on other things, and is leaving MS permanently.

Thank you all for many fun years.
ImageImageImageImage
Nikanika
CreaturesTrade

Post by Nikanika »

I actually have a pellet that sinks just for them they might have found food on that plant? and that's my best shot at it. And they haven't munched silk since I took it out they just went back to normal after that, it really was quite odd.
TNHawke
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by TNHawke »

Only Aquaman knows what goes through the minds of fishies...

I did have some silk plants just fall apart in a tank once. I don't think the bettas ate them.

Here, enjoy 20 seconds of my fish tank. ^^

I'm thinking of clearing off my two gig SD card, charging up my camera's battery, setting up the tripod and recording as long a video as it will let me. If I play music in the background, what would you recommend? I'm thinking maybe some Enya? Something without lyrics probably, and mellow and soothing.
Hawke's IRL fiance, Lunaroki, suffered a massive stroke and died on Tuesday, March 31st, 2015.

ImageImageImageImage
Nikanika
CreaturesTrade

Post by Nikanika »

Music, recommendation, me, those don't go together well but I would recommend something classical, I do have a classical music channel on the radio so when I want to relax I listen to that :sleep:
TNHawke
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by TNHawke »

Yeah, thinking classical, or even Neoclassical.

ImageImageImageImage
pegasi1978
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Life
CreaturesTrade

Post by pegasi1978 »

We lost one of our goldfish yesterday. It had been declining in health the last few weeks. Our goldfish look like the ones on magistream. It had gone from being glossy and filled out to being sunken in behind the head next to his dorsal find and his tail fin looking worn. The other goldfish wasn't bullying it either.
| Wishlist in profile | Avatar by Munin!
MistyoC
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Light
CreaturesTrade

Post by MistyoC »

Sorry to hear that.

I just acquired a betta from one of my daughter''s friends who quickly decided that the 1 quart bowl she'd been recommended to keep it in was too small and too much work. He's in a 1 gallon bowl for a few days until I can get one of my 10 gallon tanks cleaned up.
Feel free to click my entire keep. Anything I don't want to grow is protected.

Dream of Whirled Peas

Return to “Hall of Speakers”