The How Was Your Day Thread V4

Discuss MagiStream and site-related topics.
Cyrelijean
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Re: The How Was Your Day Thread V4

Post by Cyrelijean »

GoldenPhoenix wrote:
Shedragon wrote:
oceanmist wrote:I'm so pissed at my brother. So I've been painting our kitchen, cleaning everything in it, and plastering up the cracks in the walls. This happened two days ago:

Brother: *comes home from skiing*
Me: *sitting in the corner painting* Want to help me paint?
Brother: No. I hate painting.
-Half an hour later-
Brother to my dad: What can I do to earn some money?
Me: :t-bipolar:

He refuses to help me paint. He thinks he can pick and choose what chores he can do to earn money. The only things there are to do around the house are help me paint, shovel, do dishes, or put boxes in the attic. He refuses to do all of those and then complains about how there is no way for him to earn money. I'm so sick of him. I would still be painting our kitchen even if I wasn't getting paid because I know my mom would have done it long ago if she could. Nothing has been done in our house for 11 years and it's really time that stuff started to get fixed. :yarly:
Your brother needs to get real, you take what you can get if you want money instead of whining about there being no ways to earn it when there seems to be plenty of ways to. Chores is just something that needs to be done. I had to haul firewood when I was 12 to earn money, hard work but so worth it. Painting isn't so bad and is actually pretty good exercise.
My brother was kinda like that. Mr. Spoiled who never did chores, and still expected mom to supply him with a ready supply of money. Whats worse is that /I/ would get yelled at if something didn't get done, EVEN if it was HIS turn to it. Such as dishes. So if he didn't do shit, I ended up doing it because unless it was done I would get yelled at. Not fair, but I rather do all the chores and be left to play on my computer in peace then to get yelled at all night. He knew I would do them because of this. He seemed to think he was entitled to play his videogames all the time and not do anything. "You're gonna do it anyway, why should I bother?"
Holy shit, are you two my long lost siblings? Because my brother is exactly like that. It's kind of creepy how accurate it is.

They're in for one hell of a surprise. :yarly:

And I seem to have infected MS with cravings for garlic bread. Eheheh.
vampiric
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by vampiric »

Hahahaha Wisconsin is great!
"the fangs? they're uh... gucci. yeah."
crazyflight
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Air
CreaturesTrade

Post by crazyflight »

No not the Verdanturf music D:
right in the feels
ImageImage
always looking to buy streamborn opal and diamond gemstone kirin!
also happy to buy water shop creatures for shop price + 100g for whomever wants!
<3 <3 <3
Karzarill
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Fire
CreaturesTrade

Post by Karzarill »

I feel like my brother is the only one that wasn't like that when we still lived with mom. Not like my mom would ever let him or me be like that, if we wanted money we had to work for it period. Now my spoiled sisters are another story, the oldest is 16 now only two more years till reality hits her.
BBkat
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade
Gender: Literally just six cats of varying gender identities sharing a suit of human skin

Post by BBkat »

I don't know if the house is just that cold, or the cat is a wuss. But she's sitting on the heat vent in my parents room. Again xD
Arionn
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood
CreaturesTrade

Post by Arionn »

i'm really CRAP when it comes to picking colours ;A;
na na na na na ~ Life is Life!
And i have no idea what i'm doing with mine x^x;
ellysketchit
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident
CreaturesTrade

Post by ellysketchit »

Spoiler
@#$% YOU, LIFE!

And snow.

Car dies. Have to somehow buy new car without money. Borrow money from husband's grandparents, get car payments again, more than before, not even ONE YEAR after we paid the other off.

Snow hits.

Washer dies. Just bought washer almost a year ago. Just got "warranty renewal" from company, threw out in trash ($200? get out of my face, we paid a little over that for the machine itself!) Hopefully it's the pipes that got frozen, but we've been running the dryer nonstop to warm the damned garage. Should be okay.

GARAGE DOOR WILL NOT CLOSE DUE TO SNOW.

@#$%!!!!

Stop it! We can't leave it open, we have tons of eBay/auction stuff from his boss out there and it's just packed so hard we can't even walk in there (another gripe of mine). Lots of garages in the area have stuff stolen when they leave their doors open, but now ours refuses to shut.

WTF LIFE. QUIT IT. I HAVEN'T DONE ANYTHING TO DESERVE THIS. EVER.

[eggs] IRL causing problems; sorry all

ellysketchit.deviantart

Egglock Help!
Spoiler

Code: Select all

[eggs]

No matter how bad it gets,
Zoro always has the ability
to make it all better.
[/center]
Karzarill
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Fire
CreaturesTrade

Post by Karzarill »

BBkat wrote:I don't know if the house is just that cold, or the cat is a wuss. But she's sitting on the heat vent in my parents room. Again xD
I think she just likes it, my cat still tuck herself up in warm places even doing the summer. Like the bathroom because there's heat in the floor.
oceanmist
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by oceanmist »

Seriously my brother does nothing all day. Today we got like a foot of snow and it's still snowing. My dad and me have been out plowing and shoveling and I've also been working on the kitchen more. Where's my brother? Out skiing. :t--.-:

I mean I love helping my dad out and doing work, but it is ridiculous when I'm doing every chore and he just feeds the dog every night. That's his only chore. I'm always the one helping stack wood, mowing the lawn, washing the cars, shoveling, cleaning, painting, etc. And I'm always the one being asked to do things. This morning my dad taught me how to plow and about 45 minutes ago he asked me to go out and plow the driveway again. I don't care if I get paid, I just want to help out my dad. He doesn't need so much stress.

My brother's main excuse for not helping me with chores is that 'it was my choice to do them.' :t-bipolar:
ZackyBear
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood
CreaturesTrade

Post by ZackyBear »

ellysketchit wrote:
Spoiler
@#$% YOU, LIFE!

And snow.

Car dies. Have to somehow buy new car without money. Borrow money from husband's grandparents, get car payments again, more than before, not even ONE YEAR after we paid the other off.

Snow hits.

Washer dies. Just bought washer almost a year ago. Just got "warranty renewal" from company, threw out in trash ($200? get out of my face, we paid a little over that for the machine itself!) Hopefully it's the pipes that got frozen, but we've been running the dryer nonstop to warm the damned garage. Should be okay.

GARAGE DOOR WILL NOT CLOSE DUE TO SNOW.

@#$%!!!!

Stop it! We can't leave it open, we have tons of eBay/auction stuff from his boss out there and it's just packed so hard we can't even walk in there (another gripe of mine). Lots of garages in the area have stuff stolen when they leave their doors open, but now ours refuses to shut.

WTF LIFE. QUIT IT. I HAVEN'T DONE ANYTHING TO DESERVE THIS. EVER.
<3 Hug for chu. <3
:t-hugs:
Click...click...lick...Wait, what?! O.o
:lick:
-Transformers Is My Twilight!-
-.-I do NOT resell Donis or Cws. Please Stop Asking.-.-
~*Wait...I'm back?! OMG!! (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻*~

Return to “Community Discussion”