The How Was Your Day thread v3

Discuss MagiStream and site-related topics.
Faleep
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association
CreaturesTrade

Re: The How Was Your Day thread v3

Post by Faleep »

GoldenPhoenix wrote:So... once again I'm expected to pull a magic solution from my ass.
Spoiler
Jack is old, he is 12, 13 in April, we suspect he has heartworms and he currently has fleas, and because of the fleas, possible tapeworms, he is also 3/4 blind, arthritic and just generally miserable. I know he hurts, all the time, this winter has been hard on his old bones. He has never been to the vet, and we have a hard time keeping up on his hair. Yes, he may have not received the best care, but we have done what we can with tight money and he has been happy. Ideally mom should have had him in the vet from day one, but being uneducated it never happened. Now she is asking me what to do because his age is really showing. At his age heart-worm treatment is out of the question, we are treating his fleas and will treat for the worms if he shows signs of having a tapeworm. I honestly think at this point the best solution is to just put him to sleep. Mom doesn't want to take him in, she fears the big bill. Honestly, its her fault(I was 8 when we got Jack, I didn't know better.) She hopes that one day he will just pass in his sleep. But seeing him suffer. Euthanasia would be a kinder fate. I dunno what to tell her. I would prefer he passed peacefully too, but again it could be months before he does. This is HER dog, she is finding this harder than I am. So, I dunno what to tell her.

I don't want anyone flaming me for how he was cared for, again, it wasn't my fault he never made it to the vet.
:t-hugs:
Sadly, it you don't want to take him to the vet, the best way seems to put his down yourself. I quick shot to the back of the neck, where the spine connects to the head is the most painless way to go. and, he'll be with you, so he'll die happy.
creatures for sale in my sale tabs! Pm for prices
Selling Shards! 35k per shard! Pm me for more details
i collect/army SB Ammit hatchlings and SB Potootoes
my wishlist,
ElementalNovel
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by ElementalNovel »

Dammit, self. You have a midterm tomorrow morning. Go to sleep.
T I M S H E L ImageImageImageBut this- this is a ladder to climb to the stars...
I have a new love for that glittering instrument, the human soul.
It is a lovely and unique thing in the universe.
It is always attacked and never destroyed— because "Thou mayest."
Rainwater
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade

Post by Rainwater »

Faleep wrote:
GoldenPhoenix wrote:So... once again I'm expected to pull a magic solution from my ass.
Spoiler
Jack is old, he is 12, 13 in April, we suspect he has heartworms and he currently has fleas, and because of the fleas, possible tapeworms, he is also 3/4 blind, arthritic and just generally miserable. I know he hurts, all the time, this winter has been hard on his old bones. He has never been to the vet, and we have a hard time keeping up on his hair. Yes, he may have not received the best care, but we have done what we can with tight money and he has been happy. Ideally mom should have had him in the vet from day one, but being uneducated it never happened. Now she is asking me what to do because his age is really showing. At his age heart-worm treatment is out of the question, we are treating his fleas and will treat for the worms if he shows signs of having a tapeworm. I honestly think at this point the best solution is to just put him to sleep. Mom doesn't want to take him in, she fears the big bill. Honestly, its her fault(I was 8 when we got Jack, I didn't know better.) She hopes that one day he will just pass in his sleep. But seeing him suffer. Euthanasia would be a kinder fate. I dunno what to tell her. I would prefer he passed peacefully too, but again it could be months before he does. This is HER dog, she is finding this harder than I am. So, I dunno what to tell her.

I don't want anyone flaming me for how he was cared for, again, it wasn't my fault he never made it to the vet.
Sadly, it you don't want to take him to the vet, the best way seems to put his down yourself. I quick shot to the back of the neck, where the spine connects to the head is the most painless way to go. and, he'll be with you, so he'll die happy.
Most owners I've dealt with that find it difficult to euthanize couldn't even dream of shooting their pet (even if it was with the best intention). :t-shrug: I'd also be concerned with shooting in case the pet survives the first attempt. I've seen one dog shot in the head survive (granted it was shot in a different location). Also, based on the location, is it legal?

Some vets will come to the home. I am not saying it is cheap, but that is an option. Calling a clinic and asking about cost can't hurt. Owners typically are able to stay during the procedure if desired too.
Last edited by Rainwater on January 18th, 2013, 1:00:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image <3 Image <3 Image <3 Image Eggs for clicking! :look:ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Chimera
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Fire
CreaturesTrade

Post by Chimera »

Cappers wrote:
Chimera wrote:HWYD thread is deeeeead.. /is bored and tired of skyrim right now and its too early yet to go to sleep D:
Then play Oblivion?...I'm no help, aren't I?
i dont have oblivion, i only got into elder scrolls via skyrim XD
Spoiler

Spoiler
Its hard, and its gonna be hard, specially since its not even your pet, but its not fair to him to be in the pain hes in because shes incredibly attatched to him and doesnt want to see him go. As of yesterday (16th) its been one year since i had to put my cat of 16 years down. I had him since i was 4 and i cared for him on my own for 16 years.

He was in pain, losing weight, couldnt keep food down because of a tumor that the vets never discovered everytime he went to them for his vomiting problem and as much as i loved him, and as heartshattering as it was to even just think of putting him down, it was the right thing to do. Everything dies eventually, its nature, but having the choice to put someone or something down out of their pain and misery, letting them pass before life feels like a waking nightmare and they long to escape it all, that is a blessing.

Im not trying to force either of you into the choice, im just speaking from personal experience which is still very vivid and painful for me to remember so im prolly coming off a bit strong, im just viewing things from the animals eyes, from the eyes of someone who has lived a long life and is now reaching the end of their days. Im really sorry you two have to deal with this situation, its never an easy thing to see a loved one like this, its never something that one can get over or get used to.

I hope that whatever decision you two go with, its in the best interests of the dog who after all, is the individual in question and i hope with all my heart the final days the three of you have with eachother will be full of love and happy memories and that he passes on peacefully. If you ask the vet as well, for an extra fee if you can afford it, you can have him cremated so you can release his ashes or keep them in an urn (hopefully the crematory supplies the urns) to keep close. I have Lucky sitting on my desk everyday along with a picture of him.

As for options for euthanisation which others are mentioning, i personally feel that a quick shot to the arm is the better method since its fullproof every time. It goes in the vein just like they were giving the animal a vaccination and they go peacefully and easy, no pain except the initial prick into the skin.
yuniorzack
CreaturesTrade

Post by yuniorzack »

play this. http://parampaa.net
make sure you translate any words into english.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage

Always Buying Avrael Hatchies, Pm Me.
Thanks to Everyone!!
Mukumuku
CreaturesTrade

Post by Mukumuku »

jesse pinkman: cutest meth dealer omg
(:3」∠)__
yuniorzack
CreaturesTrade

Post by yuniorzack »

Azazel has a white chupacabra named Sabine; however, white chupacabras are not available.
Azazel's Keep wrote: You wouldn't want to spoil the surprise would you?
I Want To See Sabine!!!
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage

Always Buying Avrael Hatchies, Pm Me.
Thanks to Everyone!!
Iladra
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by Iladra »

QUICK.
SOMEONE TEACH ME HOW TO BULLSHIT A REFLECTION.
I HAVE FIVE OF THEM TO DO.
AND REFLECTIONS ARE MY WORST SUBJECT.
EVER.
D:

I am so very, very, very fucking screwed for tomorrow... T_T
Test/quiz thing in Trig, I don't have the assignment for tomorrow done, nor yesterdays. I get about half of all the concepts.
And English we have this huge fuggin thing. And I had no idea that all these reflections existed. Oh, plus we're supposed to have those clear pocketfolder things, so you can put papers in there and then use the hole on the pocketfolder to put it in a notebook/binder. I dunno what any of that stuff is called... I usually call the pocketfolders shinies... I think they might be called sleeves. No idea, though. We have to have those to put all our old writing assignments in to put them in our binder/folders, and I have none. No shinies for Il. None.
No good grades for the start of the semester, either.
Fuck...
Giant quicksale-check it

ImageImageImageImage
Clicks so we can grow up?

If our love's tragedy, then why are you my remedy?
If our love's insanity, then why are you my clarity?
Chimera
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Fire
CreaturesTrade

Post by Chimera »

yuniorzack wrote:
Azazel has a white chupacabra named Sabine; however, white chupacabras are not available.
Azazel's Keep wrote: You wouldn't want to spoil the surprise would you?
I Want To See Sabine!!!
I wish we had albino chupa's, i love their sprites and i love white creatures and ones that live in snow :t-corner:
Iladra wrote:QUICK.
SOMEONE TEACH ME HOW TO BULLSHIT A REFLECTION.
I HAVE FIVE OF THEM TO DO.
AND REFLECTIONS ARE MY WORST SUBJECT.
EVER.
D:
whats a reflection? (the writing kind, not a mirror effect :lol:)
BBkat
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade
Gender: Literally just six cats of varying gender identities sharing a suit of human skin

Post by BBkat »

Seriously? Another Tynamo on the floor where they only have a 2% chance of appearing? I'm not even looking for you any more cause I caught one already. I'm looking for that stupid Ferroseed of N's god.
But I bet if I came in looking for a Tynamo I wouldn't find any. >.<

Return to “Community Discussion”