Suggestion: A clock that shows the user's time of day

Get help and give out your ideas for improvement.
Moira
Member of The Dark Brotherhood
CreaturesTrade

Suggestion: A clock that shows the user's time of day

Post by Moira »

I had this idea a few hours ago when I wondered about a few users that took part on Master Belmos' raffle several hours after it ended. In fact, I needed a few moments for calculating that these users were living in countries with a big time shift to germany.

It would be very nice to have a kind of personal clock (maybe placed under the avatar) were everyone can see without calculating the user's time of day.

Greetings
Moira
"Gravity is a habit that is hard to shake off."
Terry Pratchett - Small Gods (1992)

Guardian of my Keep
Karzarill
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Fire
CreaturesTrade

Re: Suggestion: A clock that shows the user's time of day

Post by Karzarill »

Not bad idea they have something like that on the dragon cave forum is just in the profile instead. I could have used that many times.
HiddenMystic
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Earth
CreaturesTrade

Post by HiddenMystic »

Or just stick a link to a clock with your current time on your profile - I have one in my sitting spoiler because some I sit for are on the other side of the world from me. :wave:
Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Moira
CreaturesTrade

Post by Moira »

HiddenMystic wrote:Or just stick a link to a clock with your current time on your profile - I have one in my sitting spoiler because some I sit for are on the other side of the world from me. :wave:
That would be a good idea as long as MS has no feature like this. But I don't want to use such a less-than-ideal-solution.

Moira

Guardian of my Keep
Morgaln
Wielder of the Banhammer
CreaturesTrade

Post by Morgaln »

If you look at the front page of the forum (not the stream but this page, there's a clock that will display the current time in the time zone you have entered for your account right under the link to the User Control Panel. I think that covers what you want. If not, you'll need to clarify to me what you are asking for.
What did the monk say to his food?
Spoiler
Out of the frying pan and into the friar
Knives: cutting-edge technology to this day.

This is Moe. Moe's a saurus.
Karzarill
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Fire
CreaturesTrade

Post by Karzarill »

We mean being able to see what timezone the other players are in, they have it on dragon cave where you can go to an other users profile and see the what time of the day it is where they are. I have used that many times in dragon cave. And also is the little clock on the forum board supposed to show sever time or the time where your are?
Moira
CreaturesTrade

Post by Moira »

Thanks for the explenation, shedragon - you described perfectly the type of feature I wanted to suggest. The clock on the forum board shows in my opinion always your own server time, so you have to calculate what time is in the timezone of other players.

Moira

Guardian of my Keep

Return to “Support and Suggestions”