What to do ?

Get help and give out your ideas for improvement.
KallenTu
Member of The Dark Brotherhood
CreaturesTrade

What to do ?

Post by KallenTu »

This person sent me a message asking for me to buy their pets and advertising their pets that are for sale .
Is this against the rules ? Should I report it ? Tell him to not do it ? :wat:

EDIT ;; Also has a form of harrassing .
It might not be a big deal , but I just want to know what to do .
Karzarill
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Fire
CreaturesTrade

Re: What to do ?

Post by Karzarill »

You you could just ignore it if you never posted in that persons buy/sell thread or you could PM a mod I'm sure they can help you out. I know I would feel a bit like he/she is harrassing me if they just PM you and beg you to buy their cretures.
oceanmist
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by oceanmist »

Report it. Just forward the message to a mod and they will handle it. I'm pretty sure that's against the rules.
Imposibibble
Member of The Dark Brotherhood
CreaturesTrade

Post by Imposibibble »

Ignore the sales, but PM the person back saying that you don't appreciate them forcing their random sales on you. If they persist, then I would report.

I personally like giving people a second chance, reminding them about the rules (or in most cases, pointing out that such a rule exists).
ImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImage
pegasi1978
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Water
CreaturesTrade

Post by pegasi1978 »

If you look at the rules of conduct:
No harassment in PM
  • It is forbidden to PM users asking them to sell creatures or to give away gold or creatures for free. Unless a creature is specifically listed as for sale in the user's signature or profile, PMing someone asking for it is not allowed. This also applies to borrowing creatures.
I believe that the rule would would apply in this situation even though they were asking you to buy their creatures, rather than asking to buy creatures from you.

I certainly would report it.
Diamond Koi, horse-y things and Cypheles Crystalwings please!| Wishlist in profile | Avatar by Munin!
Littlemagi108
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by Littlemagi108 »

Tell them that if they want to sell, they have to make a shop, sig sale, or state it on their profile. Also, remind them of the rules. If they keep doing it, I'd say it's up to morgaln.
Morgaln
Wielder of the Banhammer
CreaturesTrade

Post by Morgaln »

pegasi1978 wrote:If you look at the rules of conduct:
No harassment in PM
  • It is forbidden to PM users asking them to sell creatures or to give away gold or creatures for free. Unless a creature is specifically listed as for sale in the user's signature or profile, PMing someone asking for it is not allowed. This also applies to borrowing creatures.
I believe that the rule would would apply in this situation even though they were asking you to buy their creatures, rather than asking to buy creatures from you.

I certainly would report it.
Pegasi is correct, that rule would also apply to this case.
Imposibibble wrote:Ignore the sales, but PM the person back saying that you don't appreciate them forcing their random sales on you. If they persist, then I would report.

I personally like giving people a second chance, reminding them about the rules (or in most cases, pointing out that such a rule exists).
That sentiment unfortunately leads to several dozen people reminding that person about the rules and give them a second chance (or more like several dozen second chances)
What did the monk say to his food?
Spoiler
Out of the frying pan and into the friar
Knives: cutting-edge technology to this day.

This is Moe. Moe's a saurus.

Return to “Support and Suggestions”