24/7 News

This forum is for serious discussions of any kind.

Moderator: Hall of Speakers Moderators

LunatheDragoness
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Light
CreaturesTrade

24/7 News

Post by LunatheDragoness »

How do you feel about 24/7 news?
Since the news is always updated and mixed up on this and that with news casters,papers and online articles trying to get their facts right it can be a mess and you cant decide who is right or what is right. So how is it that people can understand 24/7 news? If you search a specific subject up on Google you get like hundreds of different stories about the same topic but with different views and wordings.

So how can you tell the truth from the news?

GamingGal
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood
CreaturesTrade

Re: 24/7 News

Post by GamingGal »

Being as my future field of work, Journalism, has to do with the news, I want to weigh in :)

Everyone is human and is bound to make a mistake here or there. I, however, enjoy the news being available and on the spot at all times. It keeps the world connected in a way that it only can. Sure, there are a few errors here and there, but they are always corrected. Not to mention the ones telling the news are demanded they check their facts first. No news group wants to be known as the gossip/unreliable source, especially these days with the news we have and the reliance we have on it.

Newscasters read from a teleprompter, so if they mess up, it's not so much their fault. But, the teleprompter is reviewed a couple times before being given to the caster, so mistakes are usually just flubs of the words. We all trip over our own tongue at times.

Papers and their articles are reviewed by the Senior Editors before being submitted as final copies. Sure, a spelling error might slip by, but the story as a whole is correct.

As for online articles, unless they are from a big name paper, like the Times, then I'd be wary. Anyone can post anything online and claim it's true.
Wish Central is OPEN! "Tiny curtains open and we heard the tiny clap of little hands
A tiny man would tell a little joke and get a tiny laugh from all the folks.
Sitting drifting around in bubbles and thinking it was us that carried them
when we finally got it figured out that we had truly missed the boat"
Modest Mouse says...
ElementalNovel
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Re: 24/7 News

Post by ElementalNovel »

Personally I like having so many places to find news because all the different sources and different spins on things allows you to make up your own mind about how things should be done, not just in the story you're looking into but in everything. :t-shrug: That's how I take it, anyway.
T I M S H E L ImageImageImageBut this- this is a ladder to climb to the stars...
I have a new love for that glittering instrument, the human soul.
It is a lovely and unique thing in the universe.
It is always attacked and never destroyed— because "Thou mayest."

Return to “Hall of Speakers”