Magistream Monthly Newsletter - April 2024

Learn about the latest updates here.
Rosehill
Coder
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Life
CreaturesTrade

Magistream Monthly Newsletter - April 2024

Post by Rosehill »

The Magistream Newsletter contains information on what we're currently working on and planning, what technical issues have been fixed and are being worked on, as well as information of upcoming events or happenings in the near future. We'll also gladly hear if you have other topics you'd like to be included in upcoming newsletters! Feel free to discuss these ideas in this very same thread. ^.^

New features and happenings since the last Newsletter:
  • March Midmonth Donation Pet got released (March 15th)
  • Spring event took place! (March 26th-March 31st)
  • April Monthly Donation Pets were released (April 1st)
  • The Shimmering Shop stock changed to past April Donation Creatures (April 1st)
  • Were you FOOLED? April Fool's happened (April 1st)
  • April Midmonth Donation Pet got released (April 15th)
  • The Library got new stories: the February Research Competition Winner entries were added as well as five quest texts.
  • First gold adjustments have been made: adults no longer give you gold when clicked. Renaming costs of all creatures have been reduced. Maximum gold gotten from posting is now 400 gold.
  • The Magistream support email address has been reactivated. The support email, i.e. the email address that you get all the automatic MS emails from (support @-sign magistream.com) has been buried under piles and piles of dust and dustbins over the years. It has now been unearthed, and from now on it's also going to be read. So in case all other communication methods fail you can also use that one.
Upcoming events and happenings:
  • Black Market will return (Late April)
  • A regular release (Late April)
  • May Monthly Donation Pets (May 1st)
  • The Shimmering Shop stock changes to past May Donation Creatures (May 1st)
  • MAGISTREAM HAS A BIRTHDAY AND TURNS 15 YEARS! (Around May 10th) How are we already at this part of the year?! ARE YOU EXCITED?! Because we sure are! :woo:
  • May Midmonth Donation Pet (May 15th)
  • May Newsletter (around May 17th)
Game things being actively worked on:
  • MAGIVERSARY! :t-bipolar:
  • May shenanigans related to Magistream's 15 years
  • Gold mechanic adjustments
  • Some item adjustments
  • Going through the FAQ and Rules and updating them
Team discussion/planning has been revolving around:
  • MAGIVERSARY! :evil:
  • Rerelease of creatures
  • Gold adjustments
Technical things that have been fixed:
  • Donation issue: Shards were not granted automatically March 12th - March 22nd
Technical fixes being worked on:
A reminder that known bigger issues are listed in the Report Site Errors thread's first post. They are now also put approximately in order of which fixes will be worked on first.
  • Investigating some issues with donation system
  • Optimizing central parts of the site's code. Once this is done it should help make things load faster and also allow for using items, embedding multiple, and adding creatures to trades from other than the main tab.
Aflame
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Light
CreaturesTrade

Re: Magistream Monthly Newsletter - April 2024

Post by Aflame »

always so exciting to read the updates! I love this newsletter format. super interested to see how things start to change with the gold adjustments being made :D
Image thank you for the amazing gifts <3Image
wishlist join the ms discord! my shop

CinnaminDraconna
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Life
CreaturesTrade

Post by CinnaminDraconna »

Game things being actively worked on:

MAGIVERSARY! :t-bipolar:
May shenanigans related to Magistream's 15 years
Gold mechanic adjustments
Some item adjustments
Going through the FAQ and Rules and updating them
Cookie - A nice frosted cookie! It sort of looks like a Latifra Beast... this one works on adults; any chance of getting it to also work on hatchlings?
I am in the process of moving house, so I will not be around much for the foreseeable future.
Seabra
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Life
CreaturesTrade
Gender: Literally just six cats of varying gender identities sharing a suit of human skin

Post by Seabra »

Can't believe we are at 15 years! I still remember the awesome celebrations for the 10th anniversary. I'm really excited to see what the team comes up with, you guys are amazing <3

FEEL FREE TO MINE MY KEEP!
*My Pixel Art Shop* (Closed)

ImageImage
Wishlist

Return to “Site News”