March Midmonth Doni- Cecimir's Delfino

Discuss MagiStream and site-related topics.
BBkat
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade
Gender: Literally just six cats of varying gender identities sharing a suit of human skin

March Midmonth Doni- Cecimir's Delfino

Post by BBkat »

Cecimir's Delfino

Strange sounds come from this egg whenever its light shines around it.

ImageImage (day/night)

When a Cecimir's delfino hatches, it is so small it could fit into a fish tank. Its growth is slow, and those who keep delfinos as companions often have them in their quarters where they can work in peace. The delfinos are easily distracted by sounds, and a quiet environment is the best when training such a creature. By focusing on a single sound - a magi's voice in this case - the hatchling learns to reproduce said sound and thus repeat words. One needs to start with simple words, but with enough patience, the delfino hatchlings can learn to relay pages filled with text as long as they are spoken. Once they outgrow the fish tanks, the delfinos are released into rivers, which they explore day and night, finding the fastest routes between their magi and the various destinations they are sent to.

ImageImage (day/night)

It is fortunate that Cecimir's delfino is not a prankster because this creature's vocal range can put to shame even the most talented singers. Adults can mimic - through their lights - even the most bizarre sounds. From human language to cat purring and strange echoes in a cave, the delfinos can reproduce any sounds they hear. They are fast swimmers, and their small sizes allow them to travel even in the narrowest streams. Thus, messages can be delivered promptly from one place to another as long as a body of freshwater connects the two places. The delfinos can relay a message as many times as needed. Also, they can be trained to deliver their messages only to specific people. The older the delfino, the more information they can relay. Decades-old delfinos can remember messages from when they were mere hatchlings. As such, many old magi keep Cecimir's delfino as companions. Not only are they swift messengers, but they can also remember the information relayed to them for as long as needed.

Barely the side of a common dog, this creature was first discovered by a wandering traveler. He was weary to the point he was seeing things, and the glowing light of something swimming in a river made him question reality. He thought he heard the chirp of birds and the buzzing of insects coming from the creature, but none of it made any sense. Even so, he remained to observe. The traveler's partner came upon his companion days after the two got separated and heard the traveler mumble nonsense about something that was not supposed to be in freshwater. Upon further inspection, there was indeed such a being inside the river. The creature was playful and curious, and when the traveler's partner approached it, it released a flash of light before diving deep into the water. The glowing light transformed into sounds, and they were a perfect rendering of the traveler's mumbling. The two marveled at their discovery. If they could befriend the creature and train it, it could be used as a messenger as it relayed sounds perfectly. Although the traveler complained about the effort, the two remained to study the creature, and together, they named and introduced it to the rest of the world.

Sprites: Mysfytt
Description: Real
-------
(side note, on the creature page the artist and description credits have a ?)
Sounds like perhaps a dolphin?
Last edited by BBkat on March 16th, 2024, 6:29:16 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Airasyraye
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade

Re: March Midmonth Doni- Cecimir's Delfino

Post by Airasyraye »

Promising looking egg.

Also, there's a typo I'll go report. (Barely the side of a common dog)
<3 Feel free to look at my Holiday Extras and Others tabs to pick out gifts if you want them! <3 :t-swoon: Want lowest-gen pygmy gemdragons and pgymy crystalwings, psittrax dragons, alt colors :t-swoon:
Weremoon87
MagiStream Donor
An icon depicting the element Fire
CreaturesTrade

Post by Weremoon87 »

Yeah....this sounds like a dolphin like creature! Oh God please let it be so! Because I want if it is, lol
Magigirl24
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by Magigirl24 »

Weremoon87 wrote: March 15th, 2024, 1:28:56 am Yeah....this sounds like a dolphin like creature! Oh God please let it be so! Because I want if it is, lol
Yeah, I'm glad I was able to get one for myself.
Airasyraye
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade

Post by Airasyraye »

It’s a river dolphin.Image
<3 Feel free to look at my Holiday Extras and Others tabs to pick out gifts if you want them! <3 :t-swoon: Want lowest-gen pygmy gemdragons and pgymy crystalwings, psittrax dragons, alt colors :t-swoon:
blockEdragon
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Fire
CreaturesTrade

Post by blockEdragon »

That's a cool design!
Pallastronomy
MagiStream Donor
Member of Artificer's Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade
Gender: Literally just six cats of varying gender identities sharing a suit of human skin

Post by Pallastronomy »

Looks like it’s got rotating sprites, anyone see what time it changed?
Here’s the rotated sprite for a male hatchling, still haven’t seen anyone with a female yet

EDIT: Looks like it has lights from approximately 12 AM to 5:59 PM and no lights from 6 PM to 11:59 PM or somewhere around that timeframe, forgot to archive the adult image with the rotated sprite so that’s my bad
Will try my best to return any clicks!
Gender Swaps
DarkRider
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by DarkRider »

I quite like these, :t-swoon:
ImageImage Image
Don't take artwork thanks!Avatar by Munin thank you!Tulcadhiel made Fox! Thank you!
Pallastronomy
MagiStream Donor
Member of Artificer's Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade

Post by Pallastronomy »

Finally got a female hatchling and can confirm no dimorphism
Will try my best to return any clicks!
Gender Swaps
NaoKitsune
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Earth
CreaturesTrade

Post by NaoKitsune »

Beautiful!
LTB SB Purple Pteira Crystalwing
What's your Dream Creature?
For Sale

Return to “Community Discussion”