We want your opinions! Subject: GOLD | Comment by March 31st!

Discuss MagiStream and site-related topics.
vipor
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade

Re: We want your opinions! Subject: GOLD | Comment by March 31st!

Post by vipor »

I would say daily login giving some gold would be useful, but I would prefer it as not having to log out and back in to get the coins.

Daily quests, I am all for it as long as they reward the gold automaticly upon completion. With daily tasks being doable in normal day to day. Hatch an egg of X element. Interact with X element creature. Offer a hand to Y amount of eggs/hatchlings (AKA click eggs and hatchies.)

I am however against getting coins for breeding. Because people will go on a breeding spree for gold, freeze all the eggs and dump them because the eggs don't matter. The breeding does.

For selling to an npc I see less problems. If we all can agree on a price for each type of creature. From common stream to shop creatures. I would even say with a modifier for if it is parentless or bred. Cause personally I believe a parentless white elk should reward you with more gold than a 100th gen inbred white elk.

I am personally a big fan of automated shops. Mostly cause I have a lot of time I am not even on the site and having people be able to buy what they want and get it right away is just a boon to both sides.

Also we can just use site wide events.
Like with the celestial butterflies and the candle ayoti's. Say that every month a city on the map has an event. Say Synara has a event "hunt of the desert" For which they want Alpyn's. Handing in an alphyn egg gives 1 point, hatchling 3 points and adult 5 points. You lose the creature of course, only taking them from the main tab. Let the event run for three weeks. Say each person can only hand in enough of the target creature to earn 100 points. This ensures veteran players can't just dump old stock into the event to score thousands of points. The 100 points would turn into 5 event tokens as an extra currency. Then in week 4 the event store opens with old event and giftborn creatures which you can only buy with the event tokens. Giving a gold free way of earning the old creatures and controlling the influx of the new creatures by giving old and new players the same max amount of tokens each month.
Then the next month, new location, new event, new creatures picked. Which allows less wanted pets to get in the spotlight for a limited time.

As for gold, why not give a boon when an egg hatches? Say if your egg hatches you earn 10 gold and the person giving the last click also getting 10 gold.
Low prices high quality.
Vipor's mini mall
Wishlist
CinnaminDraconna
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Life
CreaturesTrade

Post by CinnaminDraconna »

Like with the celestial butterflies and the candle ayoti's. Say that every month a city on the map has an event. Say Synara has a event "hunt of the desert" For which they want Alpyn's. Handing in an alphyn egg gives 1 point, hatchling 3 points and adult 5 points. You lose the creature of course, only taking them from the main tab. Let the event run for three weeks. Say each person can only hand in enough of the target creature to earn 100 points. This ensures veteran players can't just dump old stock into the event to score thousands of points. The 100 points would turn into 5 event tokens as an extra currency. Then in week 4 the event store opens with old event and giftborn creatures which you can only buy with the event tokens. Giving a gold free way of earning the old creatures and controlling the influx of the new creatures by giving old and new players the same max amount of tokens each month.
Then the next month, new location, new event, new creatures picked. Which allows less wanted pets to get in the spotlight for a limited time.
I like this idea a lot. It's very site oriented, gives you a reason to use the world map and turning the creatures in means you don't get stuck with things you don't collect or want. The 3 week timeframe also means you don't have to rush to finish, and you should be able to do your regular things too.
I am in the process of moving house, so I will not be around much for the foreseeable future.
BeeNme
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Water
CreaturesTrade

Post by BeeNme »

CinnaminDraconna wrote: March 14th, 2024, 6:18:51 pm
I like this idea a lot. It's very site oriented, gives you a reason to use the world map and turning the creatures in means you don't get stuck with things you don't collect or want. The 3 week timeframe also means you don't have to rush to finish, and you should be able to do your regular things too.
I, on the other hand, strongly dislike this idea. In the past year alone, there were 4 months where I was not able to be on the site at all. (separate months, not together, and not including the downtime.) So with this 'monthly event' system, I would have missed 4 months of creatures. We can't fix the site's economy by replacing gold with another currency.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Wishlist:
Spoiler
Tanzanite Gemstone Kirin, White Cukurba, Catalana Dismot, White or Piebald Cervinus Deer, Angora Jackalope, Ouranian Koi, Arkenian Sakeira, winged cats
Dream creatures: Silver Alicanto, Calico Tienko
VilaWolf
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade
Location: Library of Daninsky's Castle. 50% of my posts are sarcastic.

Post by VilaWolf »

Mod edit: Let's not get flame-batey.

Dark Guild Will Trade For Water / Herb Guild Pets.
Egglocked? PM your codes, I'll Help. Free.
When Pigs Fly, Carry an Umbrella.
My Wish List
Last year all the Decessus were named after Haunted Chateaus. This year; Lost Media.
WolfyWolf
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Water
CreaturesTrade

Post by WolfyWolf »

I feel like I need to give the context of where I'm at with playing as it's relevant to my input maybe?
Ever since the major downtime, I just haven't been around much for varying reasons. Presently my heart is hardly in the game and I think I'm still just barely around because I have tons of years invested.
I have however gone back to Wajas, a site I joined in my teens in the same timeframe as Magistream. I'll reference this a bit in my answers, but understand that it is a different gameplay loop, if you will.
I'm also apparently in that upper tier of gold hoarders (this data was SO fascinating) most likely due to the reason of being ancient. Sales of event creatures and the most occasional donation creatures would likely be my historical money maker.

---

Minigames
The only one's I play on Wajas are Slider, Trivia, and occasionally Mahjong/Suduko and these have somewhat dramatic differences in payouts for good reason. On Flight Rising I binged Glimmer and Gloom for a hot minute but that was griiiiindy and I stopped playing over there very much due to it. I do enjoy having a variety to sometimes just choose from and make some quick money. I would consider that I support this.

Daily quests:
As long as there aren't any streaks, I'm not opposed to it (I hate daily pear on wajas although everyone else swears by it) but it depends on what it looks like. I am guilty of hardly ever reading quests and lore as it is, so, there's that.

Daily login bonuses:
Similar to above as far as the streaks bit, even though it might be worth it to others. I'm just over time based things lol. I think this could for sure have a nice small bump for people somehow.

Gaining gold from various activities like breeding, crafting, and otherwise interacting with the site:
I'm indifferent. I don't breed beyond my collection sets (which I've given up on) and I honestly don't know anything about the crafting we have.

Sell your creatures for gold to NPCs or some other non-player function:
In contrast to what I just said, I get the feeling I would breed more for this. It would actually make me feel like I'm hitting a goal potentially, and in a way could even be tied to what some kind of quests/turn-ins could look like? There would need to be some limit weekly limit though or something, for the sake of grind/overbreed I suppose.

---

Encourage trading and making the gold flow between players, make the system a closed gold system:
This is probably what makes Wajas work (of course, it's a very different gameplay core over there, as far as what currency is used for)
In that regard though, they do let you trade currency for currency. So does Flight Rising. So if I'm hoarding gold, but Shards are definitively needed for something, it would become of benefit to be able to trade my gold for someone else's shards. Not sure why/how shards would need to be more necessary but that's just the correlation I see for the other two sites I keep referencing. Magistream IS more akin to Dragon Cave, but I haven't been on there in even loooonger.

Create non-gold ways of getting shop creatures:
I'm not opposed to quests and crafting to "get around" spending gold. I'm always a fan of that feeling. Again I'm not one to really like breeding excessively, but there could be something here with items/crafting and their necessity. Flight Rising has some potion thing (I hate getting their items though so... again part of why I'm not active). Due to the zero knowledge I have with crafting as it stands here on Magistream, I'm going to say it's similar, that I hate how getting items is. Probably a UI/excessive clicking problem, I'm not sure, because again, I never fully even looked into it.

Reduce prices in shops and/or quests:
From a new player standpoint this would probably get people to stick around? From an old player standpoint, it would make the black market more endearing, too.

The one tangent that came up most in my head as far as getting creatures in some semi-relation to all this, is I just don't like time gated things anymore. I used to always love events and they were long enough for me typically to get what I needed. But honestly of late I've missed another quest, a regular release, and I can't be bothered to track the black market if it were to have new creatures. The Shimmering Shop was thee singular best choice, because it takes out all the FOMO (and if an ancient being like me was having it, yikes for new players). So...

Take all that with the grain of salt that this is my mushy brain.
Spoiler
Thank You Foxurus <3
3.25 Happy Birthday to me and my Raiju's ^^
Wishlist||My Shop
feralkiwi
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Life
CreaturesTrade

Post by feralkiwi »

BeeNme wrote: March 14th, 2024, 9:11:49 pm
CinnaminDraconna wrote: March 14th, 2024, 6:18:51 pm
I, on the other hand, strongly dislike this idea. In the past year alone, there were 4 months where I was not able to be on the site at all. (separate months, not together, and not including the downtime.) So with this 'monthly event' system, I would have missed 4 months of creatures. We can't fix the site's economy by replacing gold with another currency.
i don't think you'd miss creatures with this event suggestion- i assume it'd be all existing creatures used/available and the critters in the shop would be available each time this sort of event came around, so even if you didn't log in for a few months, you'd still be able to catch the next event window etc.

(i also like this idea or something like it, monthly might be hard but maybe every few months? something that keeps folks engaged like that would be nice)
(pronouns: they/them)

<3 clicks appreciated (to hatchling only please) <3
ImageImageImageImageImage
ZhaaliQuartz
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Water
CreaturesTrade

Post by ZhaaliQuartz »

First off, solitaire is my jam.

Second, maybe a gardening game? Would take a while to implement but hear me out. This site is filled with magical creatures but what about the plants? Must be tons of magical ones, right? Could buy seeds, get them in quests, buy them from the shops, craft them yourself and then go about nurturing them to adulthood. You could sell the plants for gold to npcs, craft your own seeds, perhaps a byproduct of this magical garden could be some sort of essence you could use to craft a treat that would grant a pet exp? Maybe you could occasionally find an egg a creature laid in your garden or grow eggs yourself.
VilaWolf
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade
Location: Library of Daninsky's Castle. 50% of my posts are sarcastic.

Post by VilaWolf »

VilaWolf wrote: March 14th, 2024, 11:01:52 pm Mod edit: Let's not get flame-batey.
Ahh. I see we still can't talk about that even though it was what? 9 years ago? Is it too mush to ask for a PM about what part of what I said was considered flame-bait?

Dark Guild Will Trade For Water / Herb Guild Pets.
Egglocked? PM your codes, I'll Help. Free.
When Pigs Fly, Carry an Umbrella.
My Wish List
Last year all the Decessus were named after Haunted Chateaus. This year; Lost Media.
blockEdragon
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Fire
CreaturesTrade

Post by blockEdragon »

The gardening idea sounds cool, and I think minigames that fit in with the sites lore of being a mage at the keep doing mage stuff would be cooler than just reskinning pac man to be a kraken or something.

Maybe we could have minigames based around doing odd jobs for the keep, kinda like how Pokemon Mystery Time/Sky/Darkness games let you earn loot by taking over the guild sentry's job for the day. There could be a minigame for caring for different animals, or just using magic for repairs, brewing basic potions the keep uses daily, or food prep for various creatures. A giant keep needs a lot of workers to run smoothly and I'm sure those mages doing the maintenance get paid for their efforts.

The food prep one for example, could be kinda lore-based. Lots of critters have explicit diets, so the mini game could test your knowledge of the MS critters' and even real life animals' diets. You could get paid for every critter you feed correctly.
DanaSoraya
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by DanaSoraya »

I would love mini games! That's usually what makes me come back to a pet site.
Wishlist: Cats & Bats

Return to “Community Discussion”