Frozen eggs?

Discuss MagiStream and site-related topics.
BlackSwan959798
Member of Artificer's Association
CreaturesTrade

Frozen eggs?

Post by BlackSwan959798 »

I keep seeing that people have frozen eggs a hatchlings. What's the point of freezing them, when you can't undo it ,especially having multiples.
Also can you use frozen eggs for quests?
Currently looking for a "Moseal" hatchling. It doesn't matter if they're male or female. It just can't be frozen. I can pay with gold or if you need some koi fish i can breed mine for you.
I'm going through the quests so i need gold more than anything right now..All frozen eggs are up for sale.Each egg is just 9 gold.Just message me if interested Image
Merkwerkee
MagiStream Donor
Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Earth
CreaturesTrade

Re: Frozen eggs?

Post by Merkwerkee »

Other people have other reasons, but I just really love the art on some eggs

The Shattered Compass
I do free CSS
Sig Set By Incandescence
falsanthin
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade
Gender: Literally just six cats of varying gender identities sharing a suit of human skin

Post by falsanthin »

BlackSwan959798 wrote: February 26th, 2024, 2:22:50 pm I keep seeing that people have frozen eggs a hatchlings. What's the point of freezing them, when you can't undo it ,especially having multiples.
Also can you use frozen eggs for quests?
Normally its just for collection purposes like i collect 5 males/5 females, 1 m/f frozen hatchling and 1 egg. Some people don't like freezing and some do so its just personal choice

As far as i know all the eggs needed for quests need to be unfrozen, also live eggs can't be traded only frozen ones so there is that aswell if people are planning on selling spare frozen event eggs
Kestrad
Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by Kestrad »

There used to be a user who collected frozen arkai eggs every year because they looked like grenades and they needed ammo for their kraken army. They would frequently have other users compete to see who could grab the most frozen eggs for them. I still freeze a few arkai eggs when I remember, as a nod to that tradition.

I also freeze eggs that I don't want to spend the effort to hatch and keep, and send those to Master Belmos. Sometimes I keep some of them just because I like the sprite.
Kestrad has been eaten by life. She'll probably pop back in occasionally.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Keep story | Portal Guild | Graphics Shop
Please do not click my hatchlings. Thank you.
Avatar by Kingsfisher, sig art by herinbon
CinnaminDraconna
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Life
CreaturesTrade

Post by CinnaminDraconna »

I have a collection of frozen 0% Ashevor eggs (over 4500) which is a MagiStream record. :D

It all personal choice, some freeze, some don't. Some freeze this, some freeze that.. I'll accept any frozen unicorn hatchlings for my herd (collection).

There's also stream cleaning, every egg you freeze is worth 5 gold. And if you are looking for a particular egg, and it isn't showing up in the stream or any of the tributaries, you can just freeze eggs over and over and over waiting for what you are looking for to show up.. hopefully, lol.
I am in the process of moving house, so I will not be around much for the foreseeable future.
crazyflight
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Air
CreaturesTrade

Post by crazyflight »

CinnaminDraconna wrote: February 26th, 2024, 6:29:05 pm I have a collection of frozen 0% Ashevor eggs (over 4500) which is a MagiStream record. :D

It all personal choice, some freeze, some don't. Some freeze this, some freeze that.. I'll accept any frozen unicorn hatchlings for my herd (collection).

There's also stream cleaning, every egg you freeze is worth 5 gold. And if you are looking for a particular egg, and it isn't showing up in the stream or any of the tributaries, you can just freeze eggs over and over and over waiting for what you are looking for to show up.. hopefully, lol.
as a fellow frozen egg army collector (and current record holder of most stream eggs at 0% of a single variety at around 4,700), i can also attest to this motivation for freezing creatures. i don't have many, since i don't collect for completion and prefer to organize my collection around breeding goals, but i still have some frozen creatures in my personal collection.

this stream cleaning thing is news to me, though. where does the 5 gold per creature come from?
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
always looking to buy streamborn opal and diamond gemstone kirin!
also happy to buy water shop creatures for shop price + 100g for whomever wants!
<3 <3 <3
CinnaminDraconna
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Life
CreaturesTrade

Post by CinnaminDraconna »

crazyflight wrote: February 26th, 2024, 7:43:41 pm
CinnaminDraconna wrote: February 26th, 2024, 6:29:05 pm I have a collection of frozen 0% Ashevor eggs (over 4500) which is a MagiStream record. :D

as a fellow frozen egg army collector (and current record holder of most stream eggs at 0% of a single variety at around 4,700), i can also attest to this motivation for freezing creatures. i don't have many, since i don't collect for completion and prefer to organize my collection around breeding goals, but i still have some frozen creatures in my personal collection.

this stream cleaning thing is news to me, though. where does the 5 gold per creature come from?
Anytime you catch an egg from the stream, if you open it's page you earn 5 gold (if you have an Alicanto Heart). It's just like any egg you click on. So it's just a little extra gold when you're looking for a particular egg.
I am in the process of moving house, so I will not be around much for the foreseeable future.
crazyflight
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Air
CreaturesTrade

Post by crazyflight »

CinnaminDraconna wrote: February 26th, 2024, 8:48:32 pm
crazyflight wrote: February 26th, 2024, 7:43:41 pm as a fellow frozen egg army collector (and current record holder of most stream eggs at 0% of a single variety at around 4,700), i can also attest to this motivation for freezing creatures. i don't have many, since i don't collect for completion and prefer to organize my collection around breeding goals, but i still have some frozen creatures in my personal collection.

Anytime you catch an egg from the stream, if you open it's page you earn 5 gold (if you have an Alicanto Heart). It's just like any egg you click on. So it's just a little extra gold when you're looking for a particular egg.
ah i see, yes of course :t-blush:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
always looking to buy streamborn opal and diamond gemstone kirin!
also happy to buy water shop creatures for shop price + 100g for whomever wants!
<3 <3 <3
feralkiwi
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Life
CreaturesTrade

Post by feralkiwi »

i like to use frozen eggs as dividers between different creature types and also just like to have creatures at every life cycle (egg, hatchling, adult) without having to have things in a protected tab. And often the egg sprite art is really pretty too so it's nice to collect!

also often i'll freeze a few extra event eggs etc to sell later for other people that like them too for whatever reason (or just have from stream cleaning as folks have already mentioned, which you can always give to belmos). or if i'm doing a breeding project and not getting the hybrid creatures i want, ill freeze the ones i don't want (esp for things with long hybrid chains like the butterfly fish).

you generally cannot use them for quests tho (i believe all the quests we have currently that ask for eggs require live eggs)
(pronouns: they/them)

<3 clicks appreciated (to hatchling only please) <3
ImageImageImageImageImage
VilaWolf
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade
Location: Library of Daninsky's Castle. 50% of my posts are sarcastic.

Post by VilaWolf »

While I don't put much effort into it these days, I use to collect old koi hatchlings and freeze them for a pun: They're Gordon's Fisherman Fish Sticks.

Dark Guild Will Trade For Water / Herb Guild Pets.
Egglocked? PM your codes, I'll Help. Free.
When Pigs Fly, Carry an Umbrella.
My Wish List
Last year all the Decessus were named after Haunted Chateaus. This year; Lost Media.

Return to “Community Discussion”