527 donation creatures...

Discuss MagiStream and site-related topics.
audrei9
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Water
CreaturesTrade
Gender: Literally just six cats of varying gender identities sharing a suit of human skin

527 donation creatures...

Post by audrei9 »

The cheapest of the shimmering shop are 4 shards each, and there's only 3 donation creatures at a time, so I'm better off calculating a minimum price off that than the price in the donation shop. That would be... $2108.
Now let's do the opposite and assume that for whatever reason, every creature is priced at the maximum of 7 shards. Then I would need to spend $3689 to get every donations creature.

The question is, will magistream even be around when I'm rich enough to afford any of that? lol Guess I'll stick to filling out the stream pokedex instead for now.

Has anyone else even decided that collecting every available creature in magistream is a good idea? For me it's a satisfying one. It makes my keep easier to mine, therefore making me relevant.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Real
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade

Re: 527 donation creatures...

Post by Real »

I have. Aside form the Alpha Oblivion Pillagebeast (which is unobtainable) I own at least one of each creature ever released on magi. With a little patience everyone can do it.

As for the donis, after a very quick math, the minimum would be around 1600 since you can breed donis which cost 3 shards each - lower than anything in the shimmering shop. If you're fine some creatures being 1st gen and not parentless, that is.
by Saebra
falsanthin
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade
Gender: Literally just six cats of varying gender identities sharing a suit of human skin

Post by falsanthin »

You can also buy them off other people for gold too, I've gotten a few of mine by selling off spare event creatures or stream creatures then using the gold to buy donis. Personally i would LIKE to collect every creature if i can but i also know its a long term goal especially since i took a 6-7 year hiatus and missed alot of releases :lol:

At the moment though i'm just taking it step by step like trying to complete my collection of streamborn and eventborn creatures before moving onto the more expensive ones like shopborns, giftborns, questborns then finally once those are done i will move on to trying to get all the donis. I find its better to split the collection goals up like that because if you try and collect over 1500 creature species at once it will get overwhelming fast
Altairia
MagiStream Donor
Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Life
CreaturesTrade

Post by Altairia »

I recognize the collector's streak in me, feeling a need to collect each and every one thing, even if I didn't care for it. But for a little while now I have thankfully been moving more to the direction that I don't need to have everything, and learning to let go. I used to buy a pair of every doni in the shop, but now I will consider purchasing them only if I really want it, and try to buy them more with gold rather than real money.
Visit my new shop!
~~~
Looking for gender swaps- see the corresponding tab in my keep!
~~~
My wishlist!
🎂12th of Jan
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Please help me grow these guys as well! <3
Shakura
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Air
CreaturesTrade

Post by Shakura »

I love having a complete collection too, but I decided to focus on the easy goals and set aside or completely lay off very hard goals. I am not going to collect every doni creature for that matter. But I DO want every bird doni creature and spending $10 each year for those new birds each year, isn't that much tbh. And when I filled my collection with older ones that I missed, I looked for people who would send a pair to me to breed one offspring for 3 shards which is way cheaper than buying them from other players or (as of now) the shimmering shop.
ImageImageI love Birds!Image <3 (( Quicksale / Shop ))
Looking for Gender Swaps of many Shop Creatures!
View my Profile for a List of all Magistream Birds! (WISHLIST!)
Windi1
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Air
CreaturesTrade

Post by Windi1 »

Real wrote: February 24th, 2024, 9:13:57 am I have. Aside form the Alpha Oblivion Pillagebeast (which is unobtainable) I own at least one of each creature ever released on magi. With a little patience everyone can do it.

As for the donis, after a very quick math, the minimum would be around 1600 since you can breed donis which cost 3 shards each - lower than anything in the shimmering shop. If you're fine some creatures being 1st gen and not parentless, that is.
That Pillagebeast sounds interesting, but as far as breeding all donis... no can do. There's 2 Crystalwings that can't be bred after a certain number of breedings. I thought it had changed after an event that happened, but was proven wrong after everything went back to normal. Now.. I'm stuck with 3 of each and have nothing to gift when gifting comes back around.

Also... is it just me or is someone else trying to get all the flutterbies they have out as donis? I haven't even gone through the Bestiary yet to find all of them. I'm not certain if all of them have the name of butterfly in it.
My Wish list?
Spoiler
Looking for the following: Halloween pets!
agaori, all dragon breeds, Diamond wyrm
gryphons, hippogryphs
wolves, koi, spiders, Serendin, all Amagnaes Alvean Yale, Tidal Wraithe
direcores, capricorns, jackalopes,
Vahti, Wallatrice
All khirin, event pets, shop pets and past donis

Image Big need: Alvean Yale, Wugu Amagnae Hoarding:ImageImage 00/25 gifts
feralkiwi
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Life
CreaturesTrade

Post by feralkiwi »

you can also check in the zocalo section of the merchant district for giveaways and stuff, sometimes players who are quitting or planning to be inactive for a bit (or are just really generous) will give away donis in there for free or via a raffle (i got a few donis that way).

you can sometimes trade rarer event/quest critters for donis to certain players instead of for gold. Not being picky about generation will make them more affordable generally (parentless have the most value for most people). often people are also very generous around the gift giving holidays too, so make sure your "wishlists all around" list is up to date/linked when those events are active (magiversary in may, sometimes one around octoberish, and solstice in december). these are all def slower than just buying things outright, but would be more cost effective for sure

seconding what other folks have said on having some focus to collecting though, like not all of the doni sprites appeal to me or feel "worth" it (either in gold or shards etc) so i mostly focus on collecting the things i like and not worry about being a completionist for everything. As far as magistream still being around, i wouldn't really worry about it? just have fun, collecting creatures and doing projects (all sites are ephemeral, ultimately) that fulfill you for right now. safe to assume it'll be around for a bit longer at least (we just had the big site update last year and the staff seems to be engaged on improving it/keeping it relevant and fun)

(i looked up the alpha oblivion pillagebeast and apparently there were only 4? and only on one person's keep so those are really unobtainable lol. other than the flavor text, it doesn't seem markedly different from the regular oblivion pillagebeasts, they seem to use the same sprite art as far as i can tell)
Last edited by feralkiwi on March 8th, 2024, 12:55:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
(pronouns: they/them)

<3 clicks appreciated (to hatchling only please) <3
ImageImageImageImageImage
Rosehill
Coder
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Life
CreaturesTrade

Post by Rosehill »

Windi1 wrote: March 8th, 2024, 11:53:42 am
Real wrote: February 24th, 2024, 9:13:57 am I have. Aside form the Alpha Oblivion Pillagebeast (which is unobtainable) I own at least one of each creature ever released on magi. With a little patience everyone can do it.

That Pillagebeast sounds interesting, but as far as breeding all donis... no can do. There's 2 Crystalwings that can't be bred after a certain number of breedings. I thought it had changed after an event that happened, but was proven wrong after everything went back to normal. Now.. I'm stuck with 3 of each and have nothing to gift when gifting comes back around.
Every donation creature can be bred without limitations, and all crystalwings that can breed can be bred as many times as you want. Their breedings are not limited.

In case your donation crystalwings aren't showing the breed option any more, it only means you have less than 3 shards on your account, and every other donation creature also seems unable to breed while this is the case.
Windi1
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Air
CreaturesTrade

Post by Windi1 »

Rosehill wrote: March 8th, 2024, 12:42:22 pm
Windi1 wrote: March 8th, 2024, 11:53:42 am

Every donation creature can be bred without limitations, and all crystalwings that can breed can be bred as many times as you want. Their breedings are not limited.

In case your donation crystalwings aren't showing the breed option any more, it only means you have less than 3 shards on your account, and every other donation creature also seems unable to breed while this is the case.
It was the Elder Crystalwings that I had seen them as unable to breed after about 2-3 breedings (looks like that's been fixed as I can breed mine now).
My Wish list?
Spoiler
Looking for the following: Halloween pets!
agaori, all dragon breeds, Diamond wyrm
gryphons, hippogryphs
wolves, koi, spiders, Serendin, all Amagnaes Alvean Yale, Tidal Wraithe
direcores, capricorns, jackalopes,
Vahti, Wallatrice
All khirin, event pets, shop pets and past donis

Image Big need: Alvean Yale, Wugu Amagnae Hoarding:ImageImage 00/25 gifts
stealthxstar
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by stealthxstar »

Windi1 wrote: March 8th, 2024, 11:53:42 am Also... is it just me or is someone else trying to get all the flutterbies they have out as donis? I haven't even gone through the Bestiary yet to find all of them. I'm not certain if all of them have the name of butterfly in it.
Yes! I am! I'm missing a bunch still but I'd be happy to breed you any I have!

in addition to the ones with "butterfly" in the doni name, there are:

Lusine Moth
Acheron Sphingid
Styx Sphingid
Adelpha Papio
Polyura Papio
Ortus Lunestre Dragon
Fairy Tamarin (arguably?)
Solar Avrael
Lunar Avrael
Icy Whisper

Return to “Community Discussion”