15 years of Magistream: share your memories!

Discuss MagiStream and site-related topics.
stealthxstar
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Re: 15 years of Magistream: share your memories!

Post by stealthxstar »

I joined way back in 2009, pretty close to the beginning! I joined after seeing a puvia in a signature on dragcave and fell in LOVE.

I've definitely had periods where i was extremely inactive, and I have not been a big forum poster, but I have very fond memories of site-wide events such as the lineage breeding contest (go team Rainbow Connection!), goofy april fools day releases, the great crash (i still have some 0.00% unfrozen hatchlings hidden away from that!), and many a fun conversation in the HWYD thread.

I am very grateful that magistream has stuck around all these years and I am thrilled to be a part of it!
Airasyraye
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade

Post by Airasyraye »

MS was pretty new when I started. Couple months old, I guess. They already had a handful of creatures. I believe the Old Crystalwings were done by then, and I remember it was "impossible" to get one. The one I have is a re-release and a gift from an awesome user.

I remember when I won the raffle for my dateless Temple Cat. Easily one of the most surprisingly and happy MS moments. I remember when the Koi Pond opened and it was the new thing. I remember the huge crash and how a bunch of creatures that a person leaving MS (watchoutforice) went back to their dead account and I wasn't allowed to have them back. And when the first Guild opened and how so many like me scrambled to become Dark to those new creatures, while others held fast for new guilds and we all traded each other.

I remember Glasswalker, Morgaln, Tristan, Damien, Thane, TNHawke, Master Belmos... seems real or character, they're all of them gone now. It was the good, old days, and I miss it.

It was easier to get gold, easier to get creatures, easier to have a store. There were more challenges, more variety than recolors or DPs being the bulk of a month's release. It was far more interactive and just honestly felt like more a community than just a site like it does now. Obviously, I still mostly like it, or I wouldn't be here, but the old MS is a hard nostalgia.
<3 Feel free to look at my Holiday Extras and Others tabs to pick out gifts if you want them! <3 :t-swoon: Want lowest-gen pygmy gemdragons and pgymy crystalwings, psittrax dragons, alt colors :t-swoon:
Aflame
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Light
CreaturesTrade

Post by Aflame »

I had a different account when I was younger, and I think I joined in 2009 after seeing a creature in someone's signature on the myadopts forums (throwback!!). I remember specifically being hype when the baku released and how exciting it was to see a new creature in the stream. Back then it seemed like the whole MS universe consisted of puvias, pegasi, gryphons, manticores, etc. I still get a little excited seeing them in the stream, it reminds me of the ~ vibe ~ from way back when! Even though my age was in the single digits, yikes, and I wasn't able to really engage with the depth of the community back then, it was truly palpable and I feel lucky to have been able to experience it. And I'm so happy that MS has persisted to this day and the lovely folks making up this iteration of the community. I hope it carries on for a very long time. <3
Image thank you for the amazing gifts <3Image
wishlist join the ms discord! my shop

stealthxstar
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by stealthxstar »

Aflame wrote: January 19th, 2024, 12:52:03 pm I remember specifically being hype when the baku released and how exciting it was to see a new creature in the stream. Back then it seemed like the whole MS universe consisted of puvias, pegasi, gryphons, manticores, etc. I still get a little excited seeing them in the stream, it reminds me of the ~ vibe ~ from way back when!
I still get a bit excited to see minicorns and amphistas in the stream for this reason! no idea why those two stuck out to me so much as "omg new!" :lol:
MageLorelei
MagiStream Donor
Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Fire
CreaturesTrade

Post by MageLorelei »

I joined MS during a pretty rough time in my life. It was the first (?) forum site I joined, and it really helped me feel less lonely and isolated. I remember Faeryl’s giveaway thread, and I remember the first Solstice event, and the tinsel and coal wyrms. Even though I’ve gotten less active as time has gone by, Magistream holds a huge place in my heart. I remember so much through the years; oblivion pillagebeasts, when the platypus came out, the first contests, when the world map started to expand.

Edit: other people mentioned the Baku release!! That’s also a really clear memory I have! Also, for some reason, bread creatures :lol:
Working on collecting achievements and ahhh :t-fear:
-----
Icon made with the JRPG Stats Profile on Picrew
-----
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
-----
~~Hatchling Tab, open for clicks!~~Gender Trades~~
-----
VilaWolf
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade
Location: Library of Daninsky's Castle. 50% of my posts are sarcastic.

Post by VilaWolf »

People use to joke about about being buried in Koi eggs. My first attempted army comes from that - Gordon's Fisherman is frozen old koi hatchlings. Get it? They're fish sticks.

My anxiety medications were not as well balanced as they are now.... I was a LOT to handle back then and for that I am sorry.

Dark Guild Will Trade For Water / Herb Guild Pets.
Egglocked? PM your codes, I'll Help. Free.
When Pigs Fly, Carry an Umbrella.
My Wish List
Last year all the Decessus were named after Haunted Chateaus. This year; Lost Media.
Brynmala
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Water
CreaturesTrade

Post by Brynmala »

I too joined fairly early on - my partner joined, probably after seeing a creature on Dragcave and persuaded me ('there's gryphons' is about all it took!). At that point there were only a dozen or so creatures, I remember when the stream was: koi, koi, koi, phoenix, koi, koi, koi, gryphon!!! koi...

I was never especially active on forums but I remember people who are no longer around - TxCat and TNHawke especially. I hope Hawke is doing well wherever she is now, TxCat sadly no longer with us.

I remember what a fabulous April Fool's joke the Oblivion pillagebeasts were! I also remember killing my eyes trying to tell the difference between the grey and copper pearl wyrm eggs in the stream when they first came out, and starting a breeding programme of farir when the different colours came out....

Over the years this site has given me so much joy, in my own quiet corner of it - thank you to everyone who has been involved in running it and to to other players. I may not have ever had any direct contact with you, but I mentally say hello when I see known user names crop up and think of you as friends.
Thank you to everyone who gifted me :)
Image "Just one small aubergine..."

RIP Phoebe (avatar cat) - 1995 - 2nd June 2012

nice ninjas?
Spoiler
Mine:
Sitting:

For Sale, Gender swap PM me to discuss.
CatyChan
CreaturesTrade

Post by CatyChan »

I discovered Magistream in 2009 (with another account, lost in memory), when I was 14 years old. Today I'm 28 years old and I'm still a fan.
Magistream is simple, and at the same time charming, it's incredible to meet so many different creatures, not only because of their appearance, but because of their "bio". Imagining them in their habitats or as our companions is always rewarding!
Besides the fun part, I have to say that Magistream also helped me a lot! Not only for creativity (I like writing and inventing stories), but also as an aid to learning English! I'm Brazilian, and interacting with other players through the game has always helped me improve my knowledge of this language!

I hope Magistream continues to exist for another 15 years and even longer! Without ever losing the originality that is so special
I can't update my "about me", is it like this for everyone? :t-shrug:

Be gentle <3
My Wishlist.
Altairia
MagiStream Donor
Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Life
CreaturesTrade

Post by Altairia »

I joined Magistream early on, discovering it like most people seem to have done, through seeing someone's creatures in their signature or a post on a forum. I was going through some difficult times in my life back then. It was thanks to adoptable websites that I got out of my shell a bit, made some friends online when I was all alone, and improved my English skills drastically. I am saddened to learn that some users that I remembered have passed, making me wonder where are all of my friends and acquaintances now? I hope they are doing ok. T_T

I remember setting up a shop, and regretting not putting a limit for how many creatures you can order at a time, struggling with supplying someone 10 or so Abeoth Frogs! Otherwise it was fun to be a shopkeeper, it was exciting to check in my thread and see someone had made an order. Making money is so difficult these days, offering breeding seems to be downright redundant in Mercado, for example.

I did some roleplaying here as well, it's a hobby I would like to get back to.

I remember winning Pygmy Phoenixes and donis like my Temple Dog puppy in raffles held by Master Belmos, I could not believe my luck!

I have always felt that this place has a very nice and welcoming community. Many events and happenings that people have mentioned in this thread I have missed or have no clue what they are about, sadly, I wish I could have been part of them. :sleep: I was not really active on these forums until much later so I have missed a lot despite being here for a long time.

I have left and returned a good few times, and it warms my heart that while many websites that I frequented back in the day are gone now, a few of them still remain, this one among them. I hope that Magistream will stick around for many years to come!
Visit my new shop!
~~~
Looking for gender swaps- see the corresponding tab in my keep!
~~~
My wishlist!
🎂12th of Jan
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Thank you for clicking my creatures! <3
OverlordVOX
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Light
CreaturesTrade

Post by OverlordVOX »

<3

Same here.
Come in 2009 and i am still there

So for 15 more Years

<3

Return to “Community Discussion”