Kestrad's big ol' narcism raffle - Prizes sent, thank you!

Raffles, contests and giveaways can be held here

Moderator: Merchant District Moderators

gummiphrog
CreaturesTrade
Gender: Literally just six cats of varying gender identities sharing a suit of human skin

Re: Kestrad's big ol' narcism raffle - Deadline extended (again)

Post by gummiphrog »

All I'm gonna say is:
I've been typing and if I don't make it to end up submitting it for the raffle, I'm still glad I started this anyways and hope I still finish and post outside of the raffle >.<
also I must ask, I have a "research paper" that I was halfway done with for the site's competition before I ended up too late for it, would it be eligible to count as a submission for this raffle?
They/them | Glubleko Collector | Filling The Pokedex
not too active, need a break. will be on for events though.
!! Please do not gold mine adults as it causes the site to lag !!
You are welcome to mine eggs and hatchlings in my "main" and "growing hatchling" tabs
/)/)
( . .)
( づ♡
~egg and hatchling clicks are much appreciated~

ImageImageImageImageImage
Kestrad
Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by Kestrad »

gummiphrog wrote: March 1st, 2024, 12:26:08 pm All I'm gonna say is:
I've been typing and if I don't make it to end up submitting it for the raffle, I'm still glad I started this anyways and hope I still finish and post outside of the raffle >.<
also I must ask, I have a "research paper" that I was halfway done with for the site's competition before I ended up too late for it, would it be eligible to count as a submission for this raffle?
It would be a story of sorts set in the magistream universe, so I don't see why not!

Also, I do hope that even if you don't end up submitting to this raffle, you still post what you've written ^.^ I mostly run this to encourage people to play around in the magistream universe and see what happens. I miss the days where everyone had their own Keep stories with their own magi characters in the Tea House!
Kestrad has been eaten by life. She'll probably pop back in occasionally.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Keep story | Portal Guild | Graphics Shop
Please do not click my hatchlings. Thank you.
Avatar by Kingsfisher, sig art by herinbon
castlevania
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by castlevania »

Here's my entry!
viewtopic.php?t=233951

I ran out of steam and couldn't finish this, but hopefully its sufficient enough for a first story!
ImageImage

🕸️ 𝖒𝖞 𝖆𝖗𝖙: https://lucard.neocities.org/
🕸️𝖘𝖎𝖌𝖓𝖆𝖙𝖚𝖗𝖊 𝖆𝖗𝖙: https://sugarjolt.neocities.org/

froglady
Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Water
CreaturesTrade

Post by froglady »

I think many people didn't know what this was. I certainly didn't. I clicked it one night when it was the top of the forum and got all excited at a chance to write. Maybe next time a bit more descriptive title will help. :)
My join date says 2012, when I made an account I promptly forgot about until August 2023, so I'm really *gasp* a newbie. :)
I have no phobias or disliked critters. Feel free to click anything in my keep, except the "Quests" tab. I think you'll find plenty there without those 2 or 3.
Kestrad
CreaturesTrade

Post by Kestrad »

castlevania wrote: March 1st, 2024, 10:03:50 pm Here's my entry!
viewtopic.php?t=233951

I ran out of steam and couldn't finish this, but hopefully its sufficient enough for a first story!
Thanks for entering, I've noted you down!
froglady wrote: March 2nd, 2024, 3:42:19 pm I think many people didn't know what this was. I certainly didn't. I clicked it one night when it was the top of the forum and got all excited at a chance to write. Maybe next time a bit more descriptive title will help. :)
This has been up for over 3 months and clearly says "raffle" in the title. If someone couldn't be bothered to open the thread and read the entry requirements in that time, that's not really on me. People certainly didn't seem to have any trouble figuring out how Real's winter doni raffle worked.
froglady
Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Water
CreaturesTrade

Re: Kestrad's big ol' narcism raffle - Closed, drawing soon

Post by froglady »

It was a suggestion because you said hardly no one entered. It wasn't an attack, hence the smilie at the end. Besides, the biggest lesson all writers learn from their editors (and tout de suite at that) is to take constructive criticism in the spirit in which it was meant, and this wasn't meant to be mean or nasty at all. It was meant to perhaps get more people in the next one, because you seemed upset there weren't more entries.

I generally don't bother with raffles and giveaways. I opened this thread purely by accident with snaplinks, and only entered it because of the writing. I would have entered sooner if the title had included something about a writing contest instead of something about narcissism. I don't care about winning anything or getting free stuff, I just like to write.
My join date says 2012, when I made an account I promptly forgot about until August 2023, so I'm really *gasp* a newbie. :)
I have no phobias or disliked critters. Feel free to click anything in my keep, except the "Quests" tab. I think you'll find plenty there without those 2 or 3.
Kestrad
CreaturesTrade

Post by Kestrad »

froglady wrote: March 3rd, 2024, 1:04:36 am It was a suggestion because you said hardly no one entered. It wasn't an attack, hence the smilie at the end. Besides, the biggest lesson all writers learn from their editors (and tout de suite at that) is to take constructive criticism in the spirit in which it was meant, and this wasn't meant to be mean or nasty at all. It was meant to perhaps get more people in the next one, because you seemed upset there weren't more entries.

I generally don't bother with raffles and giveaways. I opened this thread purely by accident with snaplinks, and only entered it because of the writing. I would have entered sooner if the title had included something about a writing contest instead of something about narcissism. I don't care about winning anything or getting free stuff, I just like to write.
Do I wish more people entered? Sure, but I'm hardly upset by it. This isn't the first time I've run this thing. But if you're going to insist on giving me advice, here's some for you in turn: if you give criticism, constructive or not, unsolicited, don't be surprised when the response isn't quite as eager as you'd like. And since I didn't ask for your services - actually, even if I had! - it is still up to me whether I heed your "edits" or not.

I'm glad you happened to open this thread and decide to write something for it. It is also a raffle, and I decided to treat it as such. I'm sorry that you're so not into raffles that you couldn't be bothered to check it out otherwise, but then perhaps that means this wasn't the right format for you. Since you enjoy writing whether or not there are prizes involved, you're always welcome to post writing in the tea house even it it isn't for an extremely vague raffle prompt.
castlevania
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by castlevania »

Kestrad wrote: March 2nd, 2024, 5:20:42 pm
castlevania wrote: March 1st, 2024, 10:03:50 pm Here's my entry!
viewtopic.php?t=233951

Thanks for entering, I've noted you down!
forgot to respond, but, thank you for accepting my entry and hosting this raffle!

i read your post above about how other people used to write their magi characters in the tea house; i love making fantasy ocs (...virtually all of them are for Final Fantasy lol), i may need to see if i can adapt some to magistream's setting as well since i have loved what i've read from world descriptions to bestiary entries on this site :wave: its really fun seeing what others do for it!
ImageImage

Kestrad
CreaturesTrade

Post by Kestrad »

Apologies for the delay, here are the raffle results!
Spoiler
1. @Altairia
2. @MageLorelei
3. @MothballMilkshake
4. @Mathcat
5. @crazyflight
6. @castlevania
7. @froglady
8. @Rilian

In addition, I'm sending everyone a prize for "liked best" stories since there were only two more entrants than those prizes and that means I don't have to pick :srs: (Which is why the drawing is late, as I was hatching more prizes!)

Thank you all for participating! I will be sending out trades with the prizes shortly :bounce:
castlevania
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by castlevania »

Kestrad wrote: March 19th, 2024, 12:46:35 pm Apologies for the delay, here are the raffle results!
Spoiler
1. @Altairia
2. @MageLorelei
3. @MothballMilkshake
4. @Mathcat
5. @crazyflight
6. @castlevania
7. @froglady
8. @Rilian

In addition, I'm sending everyone a prize for "liked best" stories since there were only two more entrants than those prizes and that means I don't have to pick :srs: (Which is why the drawing is late, as I was hatching more prizes!)

Thank you all for participating! I will be sending out trades with the prizes shortly :bounce:
take your time! and thank you so much again for hosting!!
ImageImage

Return to “Zocalo”