Magistream Monthly Newsletter - November 2023

Learn about the latest updates here.
Aflame
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Light
CreaturesTrade

Re: Magistream Monthly Newsletter - November 2023

Post by Aflame »

Syndicate wrote: November 22nd, 2023, 7:57:03 pm
Aflame wrote: November 19th, 2023, 5:17:36 pm since this is called a newsletter, it reminded me of something I had been wondering. would it be viable to send updates like these through email?
I know you're suggesting this as an automatic push feature for all users, but there is a way for you to do this individually in the meantime - Just incase you wanted. <3

Subscribe to Site News Forum

Check in the User Control Panel that it subscribed properly

Update notification options
Change the settings for this one:
"Someone creates a topic in a forum to which you are subscribed" >> Set to Email notifications

This of course means that you'll get an email notification for every new topic in the site news and not just the newsletter, but hey. >.<
I live and die by my email inboxes so this is so handy, thank you :bounce:
Image thank you for the amazing gifts <3Image
wishlist join the ms discord! my shop

Rosehill
Coder
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Life
CreaturesTrade
It’s my birthday

Post by Rosehill »

Aflame wrote: November 19th, 2023, 5:17:36 pm very excited about all the new changes and maintenance over the past few years! it's so clear how much love and care goes into this community and I'm super grateful to have grown up with ms and been able to keep coming back to it even after life gets hectic.

since this is called a newsletter, it reminded me of something I had been wondering. would it be viable to send updates like these through email? there's definitely been a few times when I've been super busy and had to pull away from games and such, but was then reminded of ms because I have my notification settings done so that I get an email when I get a pm, for example. I think a monthly email newsletter likely wouldn't come off as spammy and could be an alternate means of communication for those who may not keep up on facebook or the site formerly known as twitter. in addition to maintaining communication with new users it could also be a way to reconnect with folks who may have stopped playing but would be open to returning!
Syndicate already gave good instructions how you can get this to happen for yourself, but in general, for the moment at least, we won't be sending the Newsletter via email, or sending an automated email notification when a new Newsletter is posted. This is partly because there are SO many users, that mass emailing everyone could probably put Magistream's email in spamlists, and then no-one would get any emails. The forum allows for sending mass emails in smaller groups, so that would be a possibility, but would require more manual work for us, and we want to concentrate our time and efforts elsewhere for the moment. ^.^
Dr Starchild
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by Dr Starchild »

We don't need a way for old creatures to be made available as much as we need a way to automate shops.

The main reason I don't use this site is: every time I have to trade, it's a tedious process of trying to figure out what something is worth now, posting a new thread with links to every creature, waiting for replies, chatting with each user, setting up the trade, waitig for the user to reply, approving the trade.

The trade system tremendously needs at least a way to automatically list creatures for sale with a wishlist, and once people made an offer, a 1 click "accept" button.
ImageImageImage

Return to “Site News”