How Was Your Day Thread V5

Discuss MagiStream and site-related topics.
BBkat
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade
Gender: Literally just six cats of varying gender identities sharing a suit of human skin

Re: How Was Your Day Thread V5

Post by BBkat »

HobbitFeet wrote:Can someone remind me how to align images beside text in signatures? It's been a long time for me :derp:
It's using one of these codes isn't it?
ImageImageImage

Code: Select all

[left][/left] [center][/center] [right][/right]
HobbitFeet
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by HobbitFeet »

BBkat wrote:
HobbitFeet wrote:Can someone remind me how to align images beside text in signatures? It's been a long time for me :derp:
ImageImageImage

Almost, but not exactly. There's a way to make it wrap around the sides of things. Like, having links and text in the middle, but images on either side without pushing the text down. I'm shit at explaining.
My Pokefarm!
Join me on Xanje!
Wishlist

☆·•●☽~Wouldst thou like to live deliciously?~☾●•·☆
Airasyraye
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade

Post by Airasyraye »

Spoiler
Work environment fucking sucks. I feel like personal preferences, to put it nicely, are torpedoing people's advancement. Gender/race politics, to be blunt. I'm not the only one either. Yet what can you do? The whole "don't have to fear retaliation" promises are a lot of horseshit. You open your mouth, you'd be out. And gut feelings can't be proven anyway.

I like the job. The pay is good, the hours are great, the vacation is super great, and I can work from home. So, I don't want to quit or put a target on my back anymore than I already feel there is one. And our feelings could be baseless. It's hard to prove those sorts of things and yet... More than one of us believes it. More than 2 of us even.

Really, the whole atmosphere of America, and I bet other countries, in this man v woman, conservative v liberal, pro-life v pro-choice, black v white v brown v etc... It's all contributing to our thoughts. No one is unaffected, whatever they want to say. It's mind-numbingly awful.

Really makes my outlook bleak.
<3 Feel free to look at my Holiday Extras and Others tabs to pick out gifts if you want them! <3 :t-swoon: Want lowest-gen pygmy gemdragons and pgymy crystalwings, psittrax dragons, alt colors :t-swoon:
LokiWolfbane
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade

Post by LokiWolfbane »

Well the hot water tank caught on fire, electrical, was absolutely horrible. now I don't have a stove, hot water, or a dryer cuz they are all on the same line. whoever did the electric in this house was stupid and didn't do it right.

LTB Huge List
LTS Thread
Gold Mining Welcome
--/25 presents
Rosehill
Coder
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Life
CreaturesTrade

Post by Rosehill »

HobbitFeet wrote:
BBkat wrote:
ImageImageImage

Almost, but not exactly. There's a way to make it wrap around the sides of things. Like, having links and text in the middle, but images on either side without pushing the text down. I'm shit at explaining.
These:

[imgleft][/imgleft] 
[imgright][/imgright]
CinnaminDraconna
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Life
CreaturesTrade

Post by CinnaminDraconna »

LokiWolfbane wrote:Well the hot water tank caught on fire, electrical, was absolutely horrible. now I don't have a stove, hot water, or a dryer cuz they are all on the same line. whoever did the electric in this house was stupid and didn't do it right.
I can sympathize. When my roommate bought the house we're living in now, the home inspector missed 2 major problems. One we found right away and made sure the previous owner paid for the repairs.. the electrical circuit for the dryer wasn't grounded properly, and the wires had to be totally replaced and rewired from the wall to the breaker box.

The second issue didn't turn up until after we moved in. We were having problems with the hot water and the water pressure. Called a plumber and had to replace the hot water heater. Two weeks later and we were having more problems. Long story short.. the water heater had to be replaced 3 times and we had to pay for an industrial strength pressure regulator valve for the pipes between the county water line and our house. Fortunately, the only thing we actually had to pay for was the new valve.. the previous home owner had to pay for all the repairs, parts and labor because it was a pre-existing problem and should have been fixed before we moved in.

Had to threaten the previous owner with a lawsuit, but the repair work was cheaper than a court case so he agreed. We put the new pressure regulator valve in ourselves, because the water pressure coming into our house was way too strong for a standard valve and would have kept causing more problems. Why the previous owner didn't take care of it doesn't make any sense.. the valve only cost $50 and the plumber didn't charge anything extra to install it, because it was part of the whole job.
I am in the process of moving house, so I will not be around much for the foreseeable future.
Revan
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by Revan »

LokiWolfbane wrote:Well the hot water tank caught on fire, electrical, was absolutely horrible. now I don't have a stove, hot water, or a dryer cuz they are all on the same line. whoever did the electric in this house was stupid and didn't do it right.
Sounds like my house. The electrical is all wonky. If the GFCI outlet trips in the bathroom on the one end of the house, it turns off all the electrical in the bathroom on the opposite end of the house (it's about a 2000sq ft home), not the bathroom (with the exception of the GFCI outlet itself) that it's located in.

There's also a light switch by the backdoor that...isn't a light switch. What we eventually learned was that when you flip it on, it runs power to an outlet about 20 feet away in the living room. Off, no working outlet. Not sure WHY that's a thing, but it is. :derp:

Unrelated.
Looks like I'm picking up bottle kittens today. Local humane society is overloaded with baby kittens and needs some help. All the shelters in the neighboring counties don't even want to try. Their response to the situation is to 'put down kittens that are not old enough to eat on their own.'
FREE DONI AUCTION!
Ends May 12th, 6pm PST.

Need hatchlings?
Come visit The Hatchery!

Free Lineages!

If you visit my Keep, beware. I hoard owls. I am not responsible for any pecked out eyeballs or loss of fingers that may occur.
Wishlist :orly:
CinnaminDraconna
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Life
CreaturesTrade

Revan wrote:There's also a light switch by the backdoor that...isn't a light switch. What we eventually learned was that when you flip it on, it runs power to an outlet about 20 feet away in the living room. Off, no working outlet. Not sure WHY that's a thing, but it is. :derp:
We've got 3 of those, lol. They are for lamps, so you can flip a switch to turn them on and not walk into a dark room. Ours are split wired.. the top half of the outlet is 'hot' and the bottom half is switched. Took us several months to figure it out, because we didn't have any table lamps that needed to be plugged in.
I am in the process of moving house, so I will not be around much for the foreseeable future.
LokiWolfbane
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by LokiWolfbane »

CinnaminDraconna wrote:
Revan wrote:There's also a light switch by the backdoor that...isn't a light switch. What we eventually learned was that when you flip it on, it runs power to an outlet about 20 feet away in the living room. Off, no working outlet. Not sure WHY that's a thing, but it is. :derp:
We've got 3 of those, lol. They are for lamps, so you can flip a switch to turn them on and not walk into a dark room. Ours are split wired.. the top half of the outlet is 'hot' and the bottom half is switched. Took us several months to figure it out, because we didn't have any table lamps that needed to be plugged in.
I have two of those.... but still haven't found out which lights they go to. also theres a switch marked "bulb" but no idea where. looked ever where even the outside light and still haven't found it.

LTB Huge List
LTS Thread
Gold Mining Welcome
--/25 presents
CinnaminDraconna
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

LokiWolfbane wrote:
CinnaminDraconna wrote:
I have two of those.... but still haven't found out which lights they go to. also theres a switch marked "bulb" but no idea where. looked ever where even the outside light and still haven't found it.
Do you have a small desk lamp or some other small electronic device you can tote around easily? Only way I know of (without a curcuit tester) is to start plugging something in and flipping the switch until you find out which plug goes to which switch. If you have several choices, it could take a while. Or see if someone you know has a curcuit tester.. they make a version that works by plugging the tester into the outlet.. if it lights up, it's a working curcuit. Then you just have to keep testing outlets and flipping the switch to see work works when.

Return to “Community Discussion”