How Was Your Day Thread V5

Discuss MagiStream and site-related topics.
Desade
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Life
CreaturesTrade

Re: How Was Your Day Thread V5

Post by Desade »

Sochitelya wrote:Hooray for being 32 and calling my mom in hysterics because I came literally within an inch of a serious car crash due to some stupid fucking asshole pulling out in front of me in the snow. I got home, I'm safe, it might have still undone all the confidence I built up since my first (only) car accident in January 2015.

I've already texted my boss like 'I will cry if I try to come in tomorrow, will work from home.'
I feel you. I've never had an accident due to snow, but the one accident I've been in was one of the scariest moments in my life.
I love you 3000, Bosco.
~ ♥ ~
my wishlist!
25/25 gifts, thank you!
~ • ~
DarkPanther
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association
CreaturesTrade
Gender: Literally just six cats of varying gender identities sharing a suit of human skin

Post by DarkPanther »

Rant
Spoiler
I'm honestly so sick of my parents interfering in my life. I'm going to Europe next semester so they suggested I sublease my apartment. I didn't want to -- but they found a kid of a friend of theirs that needed a place to stay. So it got pushed on and pushed on. It'll help with bills and such -- but I feel like it's more of a hassle than it's worth. They set up this entire thing but they refuse to help me do any of the hardwork associated with it. I had thought most of my furniture could stay -- but I just found out today the kid has his own. So now I've been told I should just move all of mine up to the loft -- which is like 8' by 10' if that. The entire contents of my apartment aren't going to fit in an 8'x10' loft. And even if it could -- I can't move all of that on my own. It's just frustrating. I should be focusing on finals but instead I'm left dealing with all of this shite.
ImageImageImageImage

If you need a gender swap feel free to PM Me; I have an excess of gender potions at the moment. I don't mind swapping a critter for you and sending them back.
AssassinsCreed
MagiStream Donor
Member of Artificer's Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by AssassinsCreed »

/howrse related

Spoiler for swearing. Its a venting post.And screaming.
Spoiler
howrse...howrse.are you for real right now.THis is... a hit below the belt. With a fucking heated up-sword :sweat:

First you fuck up foundies, then you fuck up the blup-calulations because it was "imbalanced" and to (I quote here) ""give value back to the efforts of determinated breeders who make the effort to get to 100 BLUP with their horses before breeding them and thus ensure a greater reward for breeding quality":

AND NOW YOU PUNCH US IN THE FACE WITH A ITEM THAT ALLOWS YOU TO REACH 100 BLUPP WITHOUT WINNING 20 COMPS THAT VERY FEW HAVE SUCCESS IN WINNING THESE DAYS, THANKS TO YOUR "FIXING". WHAT THE FUUUUUUCK ARE YOU DOING YOU MOTHERFUCKING EA-SISTER IN LAW! FUUCK YOU!

You are fucking over EVERYONE with this move. EVERY.Single. User on your game. You are literally showing that this hard effort to gain 100 blup means NOT A SINGLE SHIT TO YOU. YOu never wanted people to feel encouraged to blupp to 100 for better quality,you just wanted an excuse to release this cash-grab item.
And this is putting non-pass-buyers and pass-buyers against each other. You are giving direct advantage to those who are willing to PAY. To those who already have huge advantege over people like me who cant buy passes. Or have enough time to do this 100 blupps anymore.

Fuck you to the deepest pit of hell. I hope you go down.I really,really do. :srsly:
"
ShadowOfThePhoenix
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association
CreaturesTrade
Location: See that? That's reality. I used to live there, but I moved.

Post by ShadowOfThePhoenix »

I'm kinda worried about this one roleplay someone wants to start with me on another site. She's planning everything out in intense detail. She's got all the characters down, the plot line, the world, everything... which is great and all. I love plotting and worldbuilding. But I believe it should be done between both people in the RP, not just one person. She's even going into detail about my character, what the personality traits and backstory and everything should be; she doesn't seem to want to give me much wiggle room to create anything in this universe she made.
She seems like a really nice, fun, and creative person, so I hold nothing against her at all. I'm just not particularly interested in trying to do an RP where I feel like I contributed nothing to the plot at all and I'm only going along with what someone else wants me to do. Like... if you've got that many fleshed out ideas, I don't understand why someone would want to RP instead of just writing a novel??
My main problem is that I have a hard time saying 'no', so idk what to do. :')
Image Commission me? Image w i p Image

Thanks SO much for the Christmas gifts!

ImageImage
DarkPanther
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade
Gender: Literally just six cats of varying gender identities sharing a suit of human skin

Post by DarkPanther »

ShadowOfThePhoenix wrote:I'm kinda worried about this one roleplay someone wants to start with me on another site. She's planning everything out in intense detail. She's got all the characters down, the plot line, the world, everything... which is great and all. I love plotting and worldbuilding. But I believe it should be done between both people in the RP, not just one person. She's even going into detail about my character, what the personality traits and backstory and everything should be; she doesn't seem to want to give me much wiggle room to create anything in this universe she made.
She seems like a really nice, fun, and creative person, so I hold nothing against her at all. I'm just not particularly interested in trying to do an RP where I feel like I contributed nothing to the plot at all and I'm only going along with what someone else wants me to do. Like... if you've got that many fleshed out ideas, I don't understand why someone would want to RP instead of just writing a novel??
I'd talk to her about how you feel about the story -- because it seems to me that she's writing her own book rather than doing an RP. If one person wants to plan out the plot, the scene, ect -- that's fine. But it seems a bit much for her to be doing everything about your character. Roleplaying is about being able to create a story with another person -- and your character should be your own character. I would think it would be very hard to play someone else's creation -- because you'd have to keep referring back to what they originally wrote versus sharing your own ideas.

I'd just kindly say that when you roleplay you'd like to be able to add your own piece -- and that the way she seems to be going about it, it may be better for her to just write her own story. Not just for your sake; but for her own. Because she would probably only end up disappointed if you portrayal of her created character didn't turn out how it was in her head.
ImageImageImageImage

If you need a gender swap feel free to PM Me; I have an excess of gender potions at the moment. I don't mind swapping a critter for you and sending them back.
ShadowOfThePhoenix
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association
CreaturesTrade
Location: See that? That's reality. I used to live there, but I moved.

Post by ShadowOfThePhoenix »

DarkPanther wrote:
ShadowOfThePhoenix wrote:I'm kinda worried about this one roleplay someone wants to start with me on another site. She's planning everything out in intense detail. She's got all the characters down, the plot line, the world, everything... which is great and all. I love plotting and worldbuilding. But I believe it should be done between both people in the RP, not just one person. She's even going into detail about my character, what the personality traits and backstory and everything should be; she doesn't seem to want to give me much wiggle room to create anything in this universe she made.
I'd talk to her about how you feel about the story -- because it seems to me that she's writing her own book rather than doing an RP. If one person wants to plan out the plot, the scene, ect -- that's fine. But it seems a bit much for her to be doing everything about your character. Roleplaying is about being able to create a story with another person -- and your character should be your own character. I would think it would be very hard to play someone else's creation -- because you'd have to keep referring back to what they originally wrote versus sharing your own ideas.

I'd just kindly say that when you roleplay you'd like to be able to add your own piece -- and that the way she seems to be going about it, it may be better for her to just write her own story. Not just for your sake; but for her own. Because she would probably only end up disappointed if you portrayal of her created character didn't turn out how it was in her head.
Yeah, that's what I was thinking - I love that about RPing; that it's two people creating a plot together and having good fun. Bouncing ideas back and forth off RP partners can be really enjoyable, and can get my creative juices going much better than if I just tried writing my own novels (which I still try to do sometimes but eh). I don't want to feel like I constantly need to reference back to her information about the world and the backstory and my character. That seems more like studying a textbook and trying to write an essay about it rather than RPing.

So yeah, that's a good idea... I'll kindly tell her that I think it'd be better for her to use her creative ideas to write her own novel. Thanks!
Image Commission me? Image w i p Image

Thanks SO much for the Christmas gifts!

ImageImage
DarkRider
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by DarkRider »

I know this is random, but It’s driving me crazy waiting for the results for the egg contest. Ugh they said we’d get results on the 15th
ImageImage Image
Don't take artwork thanks!Avatar by Munin thank you!Tulcadhiel made Fox! Thank you!
deb
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by deb »

I'm curious to see the winners of the contest myself. The entries were pretty awesome- I would not like that task to have to judge winners^^
Come visit my shop for doni and event creatures! Image
pegasi1978
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Life
CreaturesTrade

Post by pegasi1978 »

| Wishlist in profile | Avatar by Munin!
jmilana
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by jmilana »

Sick of contractors and workers coming into the house. :angry:

Return to “Community Discussion”