How Was Your Day Thread V5

Discuss MagiStream and site-related topics.
crazyflight
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Air
CreaturesTrade

Re: How Was Your Day Thread V5

Post by crazyflight »

Kestrad wrote: April 5th, 2024, 1:05:43 am Work + class + trying to fit in some exercise into my routine so I'm not a blob all day + body deciding that actually sleeping isn't something it's interested in doing properly = fuck, I'm so tired

EXCEPT when I lie down and try to nap/sleep

thanks, me
me, me me me me. me. it's so ridiculous. my working theory is that i have an unhealthy relationship with caffeine that makes me feel groggy but also physically unable to fall asleep easily.. but i don't know if i can do anything about it at this juncture. kudos for fitting in exercise — it's important, and i don’t always prioritize it. it's nice that this city is so walkable, though, so i find myself walking a bunch just to get from place to place.
ImageImageImageImageImage
always looking to buy streamborn opal and diamond gemstone kirin!
also happy to buy water shop creatures for shop price + 100g for whomever wants!
<3 <3 <3
Katnilb
MagiStream Donor
Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Light
CreaturesTrade

Post by Katnilb »

I dropped a washing machine on my toe. I'm fine, just bruised.
Kestrad
Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by Kestrad »

crazyflight wrote: April 5th, 2024, 9:48:07 am
Kestrad wrote: April 5th, 2024, 1:05:43 am Work + class + trying to fit in some exercise into my routine so I'm not a blob all day + body deciding that actually sleeping isn't something it's interested in doing properly = fuck, I'm so tired

EXCEPT when I lie down and try to nap/sleep

thanks, me
me, me me me me. me. it's so ridiculous. my working theory is that i have an unhealthy relationship with caffeine that makes me feel groggy but also physically unable to fall asleep easily.. but i don't know if i can do anything about it at this juncture. kudos for fitting in exercise — it's important, and i don’t always prioritize it. it's nice that this city is so walkable, though, so i find myself walking a bunch just to get from place to place.
Ah yeah, good old caffeine. Can't pretend to be a functional adult without it, but it definitely makes the sleep problems worse :derp:

The exercise is mainly because a climbing gym opened literally within walking distance from where I live. Being able to spend literally 5 minutes in transit makes it a lot easier to actually decide to go, especially since there are also a bunch of places to grab food from afterwards nearby and any excuse to not have to cook on a weeknight :derp:
Kestrad has been eaten by life. She'll probably pop back in occasionally.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Keep story | Portal Guild | Graphics Shop
Please do not click my hatchlings. Thank you.
Avatar by Kingsfisher, sig art by herinbon
falsanthin
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade
Gender: Literally just six cats of varying gender identities sharing a suit of human skin

Post by falsanthin »

Had one of those cursed couple of days (I say days but more like cursed month) where EVERYTHING has been going wrong. Freezers broke at work meaning everything inside them had to be removed, not the first time but company is way to stingy to replace anything and just send someone out to put a bandaid on it until it breaks again. short staffed on a friday night which is one of my busier shifts and also managed to either pull or tear a muscle in my shoulder so i've been in pain since i got home which is going to be oh so great tomorrow since its a heavy lifting delivery shift both sun and mon so no time to 100% recover from that

Laptop has needed to be replaced for awhile and now my switch lite screen has decided to break out of nowhere too (its around 4 years old with no previous issues but looking it up its a common issue with them and only fix is to get the screen completely replaced) :facepalm: I am sure technology just hates me but i am too broke to fix or replace anything at the moment due to other financial obligations :sleep: adulting is hard
BBkat
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade
Gender: Literally just six cats of varying gender identities sharing a suit of human skin

Post by BBkat »

Solar eclipse is tomorrow and I am PRAYING so hard that it gets at least a bit clear during the time frame of the eclipse. I cannot have another cool celestial event ruined b/c mother nature clouded over D:
This happens so much I think im cursed.
It's literally a couple hour window, PLEASE, I am begging for this. U can rain all the rest of the week if that's what it takes.
Ryves
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Water
CreaturesTrade

Post by Ryves »

BBkat wrote: April 7th, 2024, 10:55:16 pm Solar eclipse is tomorrow and I am PRAYING so hard that it gets at least a bit clear during the time frame of the eclipse. I cannot have another cool celestial event ruined b/c mother nature clouded over D:
It's literally a couple hour window, PLEASE, I am begging for this. U can rain all the rest of the week if that's what it takes.
Fingers crossed for you, me, and millions of other people.

Quick question, which would be the most fitting magistream creature to get tomorrow to celebrate the eclipse?
Image Find something you love as much as a pumpkin wyrm loves pumpkin seeds. Image

Airasyraye
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade

Post by Airasyraye »

BBkat wrote: April 7th, 2024, 10:55:16 pm Solar eclipse is tomorrow and I am PRAYING so hard that it gets at least a bit clear during the time frame of the eclipse. I cannot have another cool celestial event ruined b/c mother nature clouded over D:
SAME. I had randomly taken off tomorrow as just as "use up PTO and have a three-day-weekend every month" type of deal and it ended up being the eclipse day that I had no idea about when I took it off and it's supposed to be cloudy and rainy here, too. There's a slim chance it'll clear up enough for the totality, but doubtful. Just typical Midwestern weather.

Speaking of the Midwest, and really many, many areas, but the major chain stores in my town are going to absolute shit. Yesterday I went to Meijer specifically because they are the only local place anymore that carries goetta, which I absolutely adore, plus I like Meijer's brand of bread and their cat litter (I know, random list) otherwise I never shop there. Get up there, lo and behold they're completely out of the goetta AGAIN, their dozens of jugs of milk are "sell by Apr 6" with no other options, their bread has gone up another dime, AND the sale for a package of cookies would not come off, even though I read the tag four times that it didn't require their Rewards card. By that time I was so mad that I just paid and left.

Might have to start driving 20 minutes to the next town over to start using that Meijer. Also that Walmart, because our Walmart is also shit. It's dirty, poorly stocked, has the Walmart Trope of 2 cashiers per 150 customers, plus is just in an annoying shopping center to get to being the uppermost triangle point with the highway and the mall being the other two points that cause traffic to be a clusterfuck.

First world problems FR.
<3 Feel free to look at my Holiday Extras and Others tabs to pick out gifts if you want them! <3 :t-swoon: Want lowest-gen pygmy gemdragons and pgymy crystalwings, psittrax dragons, alt colors :t-swoon:
Merkwerkee
MagiStream Donor
Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Earth
CreaturesTrade

Post by Merkwerkee »

I gots baby chimkins, but one of my buddies just posted pictures of puppies in need of adoption. They are cute, but I don't wanna housetrain a dog >.<

The Shattered Compass
I do free CSS
Sig Set By Incandescence
EstherGamer
Member of Artificer's Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade

Post by EstherGamer »

Why is describing how a name should be pronounced so HARD?! I'm working on a character concept, but while I know how to pronounce her name, I can't figure out how to describe it in not Dutch. (Dutch is easier to describe this time, it has the right sound easily)
TCF Profile: Here
If I'm in a RP here and stop replying without warning, message me on TCF because it's the fastest way to contact me
PFP is an edited version of Shaymin Sky's portrait from PMD:Explorers of Sky, I edited it myself
Life's a mess right now, go easy on me
BBkat
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade

Post by BBkat »

Anyways despite being cloudy in the beginning it did end up partial clouds by the time of the eclipse so I got to see it. The total coverage is the coolest and trippiest thing ever :yey:

Return to “Community Discussion”