How Was Your Day Thread V5

Discuss MagiStream and site-related topics.
AssassinsCreed
MagiStream Donor
Member of Artificer's Association
CreaturesTrade

Re: How Was Your Day Thread V5

Post by AssassinsCreed »

....*sigh*

Remember people, if you get bit by a cat, it's not a small deal because it's a smaller animal. In fact, it can be a much bigger deal because cat teeth are like tiny little needles that get buried in your hand, very very deep...

My mom is learning this harsh lesson right now.I told her to go to the doctor and get that hand checked out (it was swollen the day she got bit, and the swelling didn't go down the next day...or the day after. The swelling got worse and got red spots around the wound) but she laughed it off and told me I'm overdramatic and creating circus over nothing :facepalm: . Three days later, the swelling is MUCH worse and here comes the fever that she of course blames on the cold. Well yea she has a cold...but that was also my main point. Since she was already sick it was impossible to say if the fever was caused by the cold or the scratch. Since the swelling didn't go down and got worse, it was a pretty obvious sign of things getting worse, not better.

Dragged her to the doc almost by force today(seriously we have free healthcare here. You only pay a small fee when you visit and that's it!), and surprise surprise the hand is infected! Oh geesh what was the first clue here... :headdesk:

I hope she learned her lesson but I doubt it. :t--.-:
GuardianAnthony
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Fire
CreaturesTrade

Post by GuardianAnthony »

It's not every day an abandoned place downtown goes up in flames while a show goes on next door with 450 people in it! Thankfully, everyone got out safe and sound, and the fire was quickly put out! I didn't get to see anything outside of smoke though...

Not only that, but the power went out twice. Once for the fire, in case it was electrical in nature, and then again randomly later on, right as I went to eat my cereal. :P Go figure. Thankfully it came back rather quickly, but I thought I would have to sit there in the dark and eat it. Soggy mini wheats are not all that great lol
Image Image Image Image Image Image

Image Dragon Cave | Virtuadopt | Final Outpost | Daily Nursery Image
Willing to buy Herbalist Shop creatures for their price + 100g, just let me know!
Looking for Indigo Gurita & Sepia Sepiida Doni pets!
Collector of all things tentacled~!
Kestrad
Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by Kestrad »

AssassinsCreed wrote: April 20th, 2024, 5:53:16 pm ....*sigh*

Remember people, if you get bit by a cat, it's not a small deal because it's a smaller animal. In fact, it can be a much bigger deal because cat teeth are like tiny little needles that get buried in your hand, very very deep...

My mom is learning this harsh lesson right now.I told her to go to the doctor and get that hand checked out (it was swollen the day she got bit, and the swelling didn't go down the next day...or the day after. The swelling got worse and got red spots around the wound) but she laughed it off and told me I'm overdramatic and creating circus over nothing :facepalm: . Three days later, the swelling is MUCH worse and here comes the fever that she of course blames on the cold. Well yea she has a cold...but that was also my main point. Since she was already sick it was impossible to say if the fever was caused by the cold or the scratch. Since the swelling didn't go down and got worse, it was a pretty obvious sign of things getting worse, not better.

Dragged her to the doc almost by force today(seriously we have free healthcare here. You only pay a small fee when you visit and that's it!), and surprise surprise the hand is infected! Oh geesh what was the first clue here... :headdesk:

I hope she learned her lesson but I doubt it. :t--.-:
Oh god, why? Small or large animal doesn't matter, mouths are always grotty. Like, human mouths are pretty gross, and we are creatures that don't make a habit of licking our buttholes. :derp:
Kestrad has been eaten by life. She'll probably pop back in occasionally.
ImageImageImage
Keep story | Portal Guild | Graphics Shop
Please do not click my hatchlings. Thank you.
Avatar by Kingsfisher, sig art by herinbon
MageLorelei
MagiStream Donor
Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Fire
CreaturesTrade

Post by MageLorelei »

Dear next door neighbor:
I don’t know, maybe, just maybe, 6 am is a terrible time to blast music/tv/talk radio/whatever it is that is so loud I can hear it through my earplugs AND my bathroom door. In the half year I’ve been living here I’ve been super annoyed by them, but I haven’t said anything to management because I don’t want them to get into trouble. But this time I just might because oh my god it was so loud it was giving me a headache.
Magiversary Wishlist
-----
Icon made with the JRPG Stats Profile on Picrew
-----
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
-----
~~Hatchling Tab, open for clicks!~~
-----
whitewolfjustice
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Earth
CreaturesTrade
Gender: Literally just six cats of varying gender identities sharing a suit of human skin

Post by whitewolfjustice »

Got rear-ended on Easter and my car has been in the shop since then. I finally got a missed call and voicemail on Friday at 5pm saying they were done and they close at 6pm, and don't open again until Monday. Like, an HOUR, that's the only notice I get? Welp, as a nightshift person I was asleep until 11pm, so I've had to wait 2 more days to HOPEFULLY get my car back tomorrow. The rental is super nice but its a Jeep Compass, an suv, I drive a BRZ, a coupe. So I haven't been comfortable driving it these last few weeks, and I had asked them to make sure I didn't get a mid/big vehicle, to me it feels huge. SO ready for my car back!! :t-woo:

In good news my job has hopefully fixed a problem I've been having with the schedule since I've switched to FLEX. Now it should be easier to get the shifts I want without having to finagle. :hooray:
ImageMY WISHLIST LTS Black Market
viewtopic.php?t=234106
Do NOT click Hatchlings on my Main tab

ImageImageImageImage
Airasyraye
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade

Post by Airasyraye »

MageLorelei wrote: April 21st, 2024, 6:39:41 am Dear next door neighbor:
I don’t know, maybe, just maybe, 6 am is a terrible time to blast music/tv/talk radio/whatever it is that is so loud I can hear it through my earplugs AND my bathroom door. In the half year I’ve been living here I’ve been super annoyed by them, but I haven’t said anything to management because I don’t want them to get into trouble. But this time I just might because oh my god it was so loud it was giving me a headache.
You have every right to and to call the cops. I despise people like that. They’re always selfish, mean assholes who are almost certainly a drain on society.
<3 Feel free to look at my Holiday Extras and Others tabs to pick out gifts if you want them! <3 :t-swoon: Want lowest-gen pygmy gemdragons and pgymy crystalwings, psittrax dragons, alt colors :t-swoon:
CinnaminDraconna
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Life
CreaturesTrade

Post by CinnaminDraconna »

Oh how I HATE moving. Roommate is doing touch-ups to the paint today, and d*** it stinks. Got to get the house looking nice so the realtor can get professional photos done so we can sell this place.

And we still haven't found a house to buy, so I still don't know where we are moving to. *sigh*
I am in the process of moving house, so I will not be around much for the foreseeable future.
Real
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade

Post by Real »

Read 2 books in the past 6 days and now I thirst for more. Got 3 options (only because I don't want to dive into the hell of a 7 book series) but I don't know which one to pick. It's either a young adult one, a horror, or a thriller. Would like to start all, but at the same time none. And buying something new is not an option :sweat:
by Saebra
Aneira
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Light
CreaturesTrade

Post by Aneira »

MageLorelei wrote: April 21st, 2024, 6:39:41 am Dear next door neighbor:
Had an issue like this. They would blast their music so loud until 2AM every night, and be back at it by 8AM. We'd go out there to tell them to quiet the music down, but they'd do it for 15 minutes and turn it right back up. Worst part is, my window is next to the front yard which is where they blasted it and we're in a duplex. It would vibrate the entire house during my working hours (and I work from home). I hate calling the cops, but after 6 months of that, it got to the point where we just couldn't tolerate it anymore.

Report them. Like Airasyraye said, it's within your right. That is your living space, and they could very easily get some earbuds or just have the music just loud enough for them. People won't learn their limits unless someone says something to them.
Image❖ Malo mori quam fodari ❖ Image
❄ ❄
pegasi1978
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Life
CreaturesTrade

Post by pegasi1978 »

CinnaminDraconna wrote: April 22nd, 2024, 10:22:25 am Oh how I HATE moving. Roommate is doing touch-ups to the paint today, and d*** it stinks. Got to get the house looking nice so the realtor can get professional photos done so we can sell this place.

And we still haven't found a house to buy, so I still don't know where we are moving to. *sigh*
I feel your pain. We have an upcoming move ourselves and it will likely be a multi-stage move. At least the kids will get to finish out the school year in their current schools. I'm not looking forward to packing and moving everything. :t-sweat: SO MANY books. I did the kids' books last night. It took five 17inx11inx13in boxes. We have three more bookshelves that are double stacked on most shelves plus two 5ft tall multimedia shelves.
| Wishlist in profile | Avatar by Munin!

Return to “Community Discussion”