How Was Your Day Thread V5

Discuss MagiStream and site-related topics.
DarkRider
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Re: How Was Your Day Thread V5

Post by DarkRider »

pegasi1978 wrote:Actually Rosehill said winners wouldn't be posted BEFORE Nov. 15, not that they WOULD be posted Nov. 15.
Thanks for clearing that up, just anxious haha! Love all the entries everyone made!! (mine included lol) <3
ImageImage Image
Don't take artwork thanks!Avatar by Munin thank you!Tulcadhiel made Fox! Thank you!
Merkwerkee
MagiStream Donor
Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Earth
CreaturesTrade

Post by Merkwerkee »

My dishwasher decided tonight was the night to do an Old Faithful impression, and I spent so long wringing out towels to get the water out of the house my hands are all shaky. I wanted to crochet tonight, dammit!

The Shattered Compass
I do free CSS
Sig Set By Incandescence
VilaWolf
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade
Location: Library of Daninsky's Castle. 50% of my posts are sarcastic.

Post by VilaWolf »

ShadowOfThePhoenix wrote:I'm kinda worried about this one roleplay someone wants to start with me on another site. She's planning everything out in intense detail. She's got all the characters down, the plot line, the world, everything... which is great and all. I love plotting and worldbuilding. But I believe it should be done between both people in the RP, not just one person. She's even going into detail about my character, what the personality traits and backstory and everything should be; she doesn't seem to want to give me much wiggle room to create anything in this universe she made.
She seems like a really nice, fun, and creative person, so I hold nothing against her at all. I'm just not particularly interested in trying to do an RP where I feel like I contributed nothing to the plot at all and I'm only going along with what someone else wants me to do. Like... if you've got that many fleshed out ideas, I don't understand why someone would want to RP instead of just writing a novel??
My main problem is that I have a hard time saying 'no', so idk what to do. :')
Say No. That's not a RP, that's someone fanfic.
If they insist, drive that train off the rails.

Have your character spend 3 hours in a bar and refuse to come out. Come up the a way to kill off the big bad in the first hour. Become the ever infamous Murder-Hobo. I use to table top a lot and trust, me, Murder-Hobo is an A+ way to derail a game. OR If it involves in inhuman race and conflict, insist on diplomacy. Spend the session getting the Orc Chief's wife a Makeover from the Counter Ladies at Macy's Department Store.

Dark Guild Will Trade For Water / Herb Guild Pets.
Egglocked? PM your codes, I'll Help. Free.
When Pigs Fly, Carry an Umbrella.
My Wish List
Last year all the Decessus were named after Haunted Chateaus. This year; Lost Media.
pegasi1978
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Water
CreaturesTrade

Post by pegasi1978 »

DarkRider wrote:
pegasi1978 wrote:Actually Rosehill said winners wouldn't be posted BEFORE Nov. 15, not that they WOULD be posted Nov. 15.
Thanks for clearing that up, just anxious haha! Love all the entries everyone made!! (mine included lol) <3
I'm anxious to see the winners too. There were some wonderful and creative entries!
2024 Crystalwings, Diamond Koi, horse-y things and Cypheles Crystalwings please!| Wishlist in profile | Avatar by Munin!
Magics
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by Magics »

VilaWolf wrote: Have your character spend 3 hours in a bar and refuse to come out. Come up the a way to kill off the big bad in the first hour. Become the ever infamous Murder-Hobo. I use to table top a lot and trust, me, Murder-Hobo is an A+ way to derail a game. OR If it involves in inhuman race and conflict, insist on diplomacy. Spend the session getting the Orc Chief's wife a Makeover from the Counter Ladies at Macy's Department Store.
Should the need ever arise, I'm keeping this strategy in my back pocket :lol:
ImageImageImageImage
(on semi-hiatus)
ImageImage Image
AssassinsCreed
MagiStream Donor
Member of Artificer's Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by AssassinsCreed »

VilaWolf wrote:
ShadowOfThePhoenix wrote:I'm kinda worried about this one roleplay someone wants to start with me on another site. She's planning everything out in intense detail. She's got all the characters down, the plot line, the world, everything... which is great and all. I love plotting and worldbuilding. But I believe it should be done between both people in the RP, not just one person. She's even going into detail about my character, what the personality traits and backstory and everything should be; she doesn't seem to want to give me much wiggle room to create anything in this universe she made.
She seems like a really nice, fun, and creative person, so I hold nothing against her at all. I'm just not particularly interested in trying to do an RP where I feel like I contributed nothing to the plot at all and I'm only going along with what someone else wants me to do. Like... if you've got that many fleshed out ideas, I don't understand why someone would want to RP instead of just writing a novel??
My main problem is that I have a hard time saying 'no', so idk what to do. :')
Say No. That's not a RP, that's someone fanfic.
If they insist, drive that train off the rails.

Have your character spend 3 hours in a bar and refuse to come out. Come up the a way to kill off the big bad in the first hour. Become the ever infamous Murder-Hobo. I use to table top a lot and trust, me, Murder-Hobo is an A+ way to derail a game. OR If it involves in inhuman race and conflict, insist on diplomacy. Spend the session getting the Orc Chief's wife a Makeover from the Counter Ladies at Macy's Department Store.

I agree it reminds of a fully written fanfic...that needs to play out in the right order to someone else's satisfaction rather than let them take their own path and be able to have any kind of input.
Virawolf, your way to solve this kind of things are..unusual but also hilarious :lol:
Wraithcaller
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood
CreaturesTrade

Post by Wraithcaller »

I got three new lineages today! Maybe I can fill an entire clutch with new fams. :well:
DarkPanther
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association
CreaturesTrade
Gender: Literally just six cats of varying gender identities sharing a suit of human skin

Post by DarkPanther »

Freaking out about my idiot cat >w<. I switched her food recently because she is overweight. I noticed yesterday she had a hard lump on her abdomen. Maybe golf ball size. I'm hoping she's just constipated. She's still acting fine; still eating and going to the bathroom. But I'm so worried it's something else. My last cat passed away last year from eating a string. I took her to the vet and they didn't catch it -- when i finally got her to one that noticed the symptoms they operated immediately, but it was too late. I had hand raised her from 3 weeks old. I don't think i could deal with losing another cat >_<
ImageImageImageImage

If you need a gender swap feel free to PM Me; I have an excess of gender potions at the moment. I don't mind swapping a critter for you and sending them back.
AssassinsCreed
MagiStream Donor
Member of Artificer's Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by AssassinsCreed »

DarkPanther wrote:Freaking out about my idiot cat >w<. I switched her food recently because she is overweight. I noticed yesterday she had a hard lump on her abdomen. Maybe golf ball size. I'm hoping she's just constipated. She's still acting fine; still eating and going to the bathroom. But I'm so worried it's something else. My last cat passed away last year from eating a string. I took her to the vet and they didn't catch it -- when i finally got her to one that noticed the symptoms they operated immediately, but it was too late. I had hand raised her from 3 weeks old. I don't think i could deal with losing another cat >_<
Since she is eating and going to the bathroom normally I wouldn't worry too much. But since its a lump, you could call the vet and ask for advice/see what they say about it,or take her for a yearly checkup. Would ease up your mind. From what I know, this lumps are pretty common on overweight cats/older cats and are usually completely harmless. Unless they start interfering with your cats ability to move or eat, it may be just an overweight-lump. :orly:

Note:Keep an eye on the lump. If it changes size, you may have to check it out.
DarkPanther
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association
CreaturesTrade
Gender: Literally just six cats of varying gender identities sharing a suit of human skin

Post by DarkPanther »

AssassinsCreed wrote:
DarkPanther wrote:Freaking out about my idiot cat >w<. I switched her food recently because she is overweight. I noticed yesterday she had a hard lump on her abdomen. Maybe golf ball size. I'm hoping she's just constipated. She's still acting fine; still eating and going to the bathroom. But I'm so worried it's something else. My last cat passed away last year from eating a string. I took her to the vet and they didn't catch it -- when i finally got her to one that noticed the symptoms they operated immediately, but it was too late. I had hand raised her from 3 weeks old. I don't think i could deal with losing another cat >_<
Since she is eating and going to the bathroom normally I wouldn't worry too much. But since its a lump, you could call the vet and ask for advice/see what they say about it,or take her for a yearly checkup. Would ease up your mind. From what I know, this lumps are pretty common on overweight cats/older cats and are usually completely harmless. Unless they start interfering with your cats ability to move or eat, it may be just an overweight-lump. :orly:

Note:Keep an eye on the lump. If it changes size, you may have to check it out.
I called the vet and they said it may be an abcess since it just appeared. I don't know. I'm still super worried. I'm optimistic because she's still acting normal. But also just freaked out because of all of the stuff that happened with my other cat. Hopefully it will be fine. The only problem rn is getting to the vet -- it's 2 hours away and I don't have a car. My parents were going to come give me a ride home today for Thanksgiving break but decided against it. So it looks like the soonest I could get her to the vet may be Tuesday when my boyfriend can give me a ride. Maybe I am just too overprotective of a cat mom. I've literally been sobbing the past hour fearing the worst TwT
ImageImageImageImage

If you need a gender swap feel free to PM Me; I have an excess of gender potions at the moment. I don't mind swapping a critter for you and sending them back.

Return to “Community Discussion”