The Pride Alliance

The place to converse with other members of a guild or club.
sammythethief
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Re: The Pride Alliance

Post by sammythethief »

crazyflight wrote: October 19th, 2023, 10:04:43 pm wow, it's really starting to feel like a bygone era is coming back! although perhaps with a bit more maturity and grace, at least coming from me. i can never get over how cringy i was ten or so years ago. :derr:

anyway, welcome madame <3 i'm hoping to discover a green thumb at some point soon, but so far it's hopeless.
As long as we're able to look back on our past words and actions and recognize that we've moved beyond that and grown, that's what matters, I think.

I really didn't think I'd ever manage to keep a plant alive, but I've got a small army that are thriving! I keep smuggling more plants into the house, too, much to my parents' chagrin. "We don't have room for more!" they cry. I am a cruel and capricious plant-god, however, so I just crowd more into the front room :devil:
Be kind.
ImageImageImageImageImage
Formerly MadameRed - same grumpy soul, new and improved theft!
15th Magiversary Free Raffle!
crazyflight
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Air
CreaturesTrade

Post by crazyflight »

MadameRed wrote: October 19th, 2023, 10:12:10 pm
crazyflight wrote: October 19th, 2023, 10:04:43 pm wow, it's really starting to feel like a bygone era is coming back! although perhaps with a bit more maturity and grace, at least coming from me. i can never get over how cringy i was ten or so years ago. :derr:

anyway, welcome madame <3 i'm hoping to discover a green thumb at some point soon, but so far it's hopeless.
As long as we're able to look back on our past words and actions and recognize that we've moved beyond that and grown, that's what matters, I think.

I really didn't think I'd ever manage to keep a plant alive, but I've got a small army that are thriving! I keep smuggling more plants into the house, too, much to my parents' chagrin. "We don't have room for more!" they cry. I am a cruel and capricious plant-god, however, so I just crowd more into the front room :devil:
ahaha yes, many times over.

as is your right!! that sounds great. i think i'd benefit from some plants. i have a cute little balcony in my new apartment, so maybe now will be my time to try it out.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
always looking to buy streamborn opal and diamond gemstone kirin!
also happy to buy water shop creatures for shop price + 100g for whomever wants!
<3 <3 <3
sammythethief
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by sammythethief »

crazyflight wrote: October 19th, 2023, 10:22:54 pm
MadameRed wrote: October 19th, 2023, 10:12:10 pm

ahaha yes, many times over.

as is your right!! that sounds great. i think i'd benefit from some plants. i have a cute little balcony in my new apartment, so maybe now will be my time to try it out.
I'd recommend starting with something hardy, like a pothos or a snake plant! I've got a marble queen pothos that's 33+ years old. My grandmother gave it to my mother when I was born, and now I'm its primary caretaker. It's in several different pots around the house, and I gift cuttings of it to special people in my life. Pothos are very resilient and will let you know right away when they need water - their leaves will start to curl up on the edges and may turn a little yellow. Dump some water in there, and a few hours later they'll perk right back up. Or, you can stick it in a vase! Roots will grow and it will thrive living in water ^_^

As for the snake plant, I've got one that my sister pawned off on me; she regularly tries to assassinate plants, and I'll find them in my room half dead when she's abandoned them. She overwatered the snake plant and it was looking very sad indeed. I went to repot it and its entire root system fell off. This was at least three years ago; it still has no roots, and it's still alive. I genuinely don't know how :t-shrug: But I'd say that definitely classifies it as a sturdy plant.

I find a lot of peace in repotting my army of plants. I'm a blob of anxiety that never actually relaxes, unless I'm repotting plants. I typically spend a weekend every spring repotting everything. I skipped it this year, because my dog passed and I am still only pretending to be doing well, but they'll keep until next spring. I like to get myself something nice to drink, like a juice or something, and play some music while I spend six hours covering myself in dirt. It's incredibly therapeutic!
Be kind.
Formerly MadameRed - same grumpy soul, new and improved theft!
15th Magiversary Free Raffle!
PhoenixSolblade
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by PhoenixSolblade »

Wow, the concept of having a generational plant is wild to me!

Our new place has a bunch of plants in the backyard, so much so that we'll probably need to hire someone to come check them out and take care of them :t-sweat:
ImageImageImageImageImage The gathering of small phoenixes approaches you! They seem to be beckoning you to a nearby hatchery/hatchling daycare. Their multicolored flames mingle prettily as they fly around your head, enticing you to stick around for a while. ImageImageImageImage
Thank you to all my gifters! :t-swoon:
PhantomRider
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade

Post by PhantomRider »

Welcome in, MadameRed!

One of these days, I'm going to actually clean up the info posts and stuff, but it is not this day lol

Please be patient with me; IRL is a bit intense.

Hate left below, the dark stray dog of war
There's no dreams in the waves, only monsters... and the monsters are my only friends.

--- Wishlist is on my profile ---

faedemon
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Light
CreaturesTrade

Post by faedemon »

I Want To Be On The Member List!
Username: faedemon
Mini Bio/Anything You Want To Tell Us?: i'm a writer, fond of cats, and have loved magistream for a long time. it's been quite a while since i've been an active part of a magistream guild, and i'd like to contribute to keeping the forums alive, and get to know folks! :wave:
Image hey. looking for gender swaps.
PhantomRider
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade

Post by PhantomRider »

Welcome in!

We're an off and on bunch but I'm attempting to get back into being more active and sprucing the place up one of these days

There's no dreams in the waves, only monsters... and the monsters are my only friends.

crazyflight
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Air
CreaturesTrade

Post by crazyflight »

MadameRed wrote: October 19th, 2023, 10:42:40 pm I'd recommend starting with something hardy, like a pothos or a snake plant! I've got a marble queen pothos that's 33+ years old. My grandmother gave it to my mother when I was born, and now I'm its primary caretaker. It's in several different pots around the house, and I gift cuttings of it to special people in my life. Pothos are very resilient and will let you know right away when they need water - their leaves will start to curl up on the edges and may turn a little yellow. Dump some water in there, and a few hours later they'll perk right back up. Or, you can stick it in a vase! Roots will grow and it will thrive living in water ^_^

As for the snake plant, I've got one that my sister pawned off on me; she regularly tries to assassinate plants, and I'll find them in my room half dead when she's abandoned them. She overwatered the snake plant and it was looking very sad indeed. I went to repot it and its entire root system fell off. This was at least three years ago; it still has no roots, and it's still alive. I genuinely don't know how :t-shrug: But I'd say that definitely classifies it as a sturdy plant.

I find a lot of peace in repotting my army of plants. I'm a blob of anxiety that never actually relaxes, unless I'm repotting plants. I typically spend a weekend every spring repotting everything. I skipped it this year, because my dog passed and I am still only pretending to be doing well, but they'll keep until next spring. I like to get myself something nice to drink, like a juice or something, and play some music while I spend six hours covering myself in dirt. It's incredibly therapeutic!
thank you!! haha down here in argentina i'm honestly not sure what different plants are called or if there are the same options as in the united states. there are a lot of street vendors selling small potted flowers and other plants, so i honestly might just start there and see if i can keep it alive. low stakes, because they're relatively inexpensive. i'm pretty sure i've seen pothos around here, so i'll look. :roll:

i'm so sorry about your dog! my family dog also passed earlier this year... she was 14 and very slow and blind, so i like to think that she's doing better now in doggie heaven, but it definitely broke me because we'd had her since i was a kid. i love that routine, though. it really does sound therapeutic. i need something like that.

it's rainy out today so i'm just dusting off my Keep here and reading a bit. :splat:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
always looking to buy streamborn opal and diamond gemstone kirin!
also happy to buy water shop creatures for shop price + 100g for whomever wants!
<3 <3 <3
HiddenMystic
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Earth
CreaturesTrade

Post by HiddenMystic »

Amen to that! <3
Spoiler
Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
PhantomRider
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by PhantomRider »

Hoping the new year is kind to all of you <3

Sorry I haven't been around. My father passed away on Nov 13th and I've been in the void since. I'm trying to claw my way out but I keep forgetting the internet is a thing, heh. Hopefully I can remember to be more active and chat more.

Return to “Guilds Quarter”