“Design A Creature” Contest Official Rules- READ! -9/10-9/17

Users were given the opportunity to design a creature and have it released.
Xoje
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Re: “Design A Creature” Contest Official Rules- READ! -9/10-9/17

Post by Xoje »

i think i will enter it is that I just have a question......do the hand drawings have to be colored???....i have mine ready it is just that i do not know if i can color it that well........ :sweat: :sweat: :sweat: :sweat: :sweat:.....also do the hand drawings have to be 120x120......

Kusama
CreaturesTrade

Post by Kusama »

Yeah, I want to know that too. I have only B&W sketches. Also, do I have to think of a name for my creature? And descriptions are unnecessary if I have sketches I think?
Finlandia
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by Finlandia »

Xoje wrote:i think i will enter it is that I just have a question......do the hand drawings have to be colored???....i have mine ready it is just that i do not know if i can color it that well........ also do the hand drawings have to be 120x120......

Judging on what i've seen, hand drawings don't have to be coloured, it's based on the creativity of your entry. If you just include a description of what colour it should be, then i think that'll be fine.
And only the pixels have to be 120x120
Kusama wrote:Yeah, I want to know that too. I have only B&W sketches. Also, do I have to think of a name for my creature? And descriptions are unnecessary if I have sketches I think?
You could call your thread "Kusama's Entry" if you can't think of a name. I'm sure the staff'll think of something if yours gets picked.
If you have artwork, you don't need to include a description, but you can. Its all down to you :wee:

Niwer wrote:
Finlandia
: Thanks so much for your help with answering questions in the thread, I really appreciate it.
No worries.
Last edited by Finlandia on September 13th, 2009, 9:31:49 am, edited 3 times in total.
<3 ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage <3 Thanks for all of the gifts! *
Finlandia
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by Finlandia »

EDITZ: Stupid edit/quote buttons
*headdesk*
<3 ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage <3 Thanks for all of the gifts! *
BlackDdraig
Member of The Dark Brotherhood
CreaturesTrade

Post by BlackDdraig »

I have a question. One of my creature entries is a creature that looks like a cross between a dragon and a horse. There is a sprite from Dragcave that I would like to use as reference only.
Sprite in question: Image
I am in no way claiming this creature as my own, and I only want to use it because the base form is similar. My concept of my creature is my own.
viewtopic.php?f=24&t=14932 This is my entry thread and the creature I am doing is the third post. As you can see my descriptions for my creature is very different. I just want to use the Dragcave sprite as a visual model base and then point out what I was thinking for my creature.
Lol, never really asked my question. Can I use this sprite as a reference image so long as I make that clear that it is a reference image?
PM me if the crash ate a linage I gifted you
If I stop logging in, it means my parents are being dicks >.<
Always remember "yukkuri shiteitte ne"(take it easy :3)
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
My cave My Creatures
Please visit him and all his family <3 Image
ƸӜ̵̨̄ƷƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄ƷƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄ƷƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄ƷƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄ƷƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ
Gooey Kablooie
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by Gooey Kablooie »

I just wanted to point out two places that people could look for idea; just in case anyone is feeling blocked creatively. It's all on Wikipedia, they are lists of creatures you can base yours off of. The lists are found here and here. I hope this helps. :D
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage Image
Image Image Image Image
Zovesta
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by Zovesta »

If your idea is original, but still needs a bit of polishing, could it still be chosen?
There are many different variations of me. Some say that each person has a unique one. Sometimes I will be closed, sometimes open to show the bones behind the wall. Sometimes I am kind, sometimes I am sinister. What am I? (PM answer)
Moth, eggs by Horsegirl901
Potion by Munin

Auction
QB Sale
LTB

ImageImageImageImageImage
Finlandia
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by Finlandia »

Gwares wrote:Well, I'm not entering this contest, but I still have a question, I search the thread to see if it was already posted, and didn't find it, so...

Will the winner's creatures be available by everyone? And will they be able to breed? And if yes, where will they be, in the stream, in shops, or only available by donation?

I really hope I'll have one or several of those creatures... If not, I'll be very sad! :t-puppyeyes:
Niwer wrote:"Design A Creature" Contest
Thursday, September 10th, 2009 - Thursday, September 17th, 2009 @ Noon EST.
These winners/winner will have their creatures become part of Magistream's species,
~ The MagiStream Team

By the sounds of that, the creature(s) will be available as a full species to everyone. As to your other two questions, I'm not sure. You'd have to ask the staff (but i'd guess it depends on the creature(s) that wins, and how Tristan and the staff want to approach it.)

Zovesta wrote:If your idea is original, but still needs a bit of polishing, could it still be chosen?

Niwer wrote:"Design A Creature" Contest Additional Rules:

IMPORTANT - Winners will be based on originality, creativity, and quality of writing.

BlackDdraig wrote:I have a question.
Sprite in question: Image
Can I use this sprite as a reference image so long as I make that clear that it is a reference image?

Niwer wrote:"Design A Creature" Contest Additional Rules:
- References are allowed, but tracing is not advised. If your entry is chosen as a winner, the sprite will need to be redone.

Return to “Design a Creature Contest”