Yarolds Welcome Magistream!!

Discuss MagiStream and site-related topics.
caniskoppie
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade

Re: Yarolds Welcome Magistream!!

Post by caniskoppie »

I use Yarolds to grow creatures to adult for my achievements.

The server certificate of Yarolds expired last night, and now the browser (Chrome) won't let me access the site anymore as it's deemed unsafe.
Can someone fix that?

EDIT: On Firefox I can make it work, that browser is a bit more easygoing. :D
. <3 A girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do! <3 .

I wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Renting out all Achievement Packs, selling singles

I'm using Yarolds Link Exchange to hatch my eggs faster. It's free!

Breeding DONIS on request, 135k. Date request 150k.
Want? PM me!

sammythethief
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by sammythethief »

caniskoppie wrote: November 16th, 2023, 1:34:12 pm I use Yarolds to grow creatures to adult for my achievements.

The server certificate of Yarolds expired last night, and now the browser (Chrome) won't let me access the site anymore as it's deemed unsafe.
Can someone fix that?

EDIT: On Firefox I can make it work, that browser is a bit more easygoing. :D
I hope @DemonicJ will fix it... I don't use Firefox, only Chrome and Opera.

Edit: Had to roll my computer's clock back to November 15th in order for Yarolds to work on Chrome again :( Hopefully it's being worked on. I know it isn't as active as it used to be, but a lot of people on various sites still really rely on it.
Be kind.
ImageImageImageImageImage
Formerly MadameRed - same grumpy soul, new and improved theft!
15th Magiversary Free Raffle!
Stormpaws
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade

Post by Stormpaws »

I hope it will get fixed soon. I don't feel comfortable using the site when the browser tells me it is unsafe. :(
wystearya
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Light
CreaturesTrade

Post by wystearya »

Stormpaws wrote: November 22nd, 2023, 4:19:29 am I hope it will get fixed soon. I don't feel comfortable using the site when the browser tells me it is unsafe. :(

Same, I just won't use it unless it gets fixed. But it sure made it easier to grow creatures!
Image Image ~ Image ~ Image Image

Wishlist in profile. <3 25/25 gifts - Thank you!
sammythethief
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by sammythethief »

So, I've just visited Yarolds in Chrome, Opera, and Firefox without rolling my computer's clock back and had full access to the site. Chrome displays the little lock icon in the url bar, so it seems that all is good to go again.

Edit: It looks like the certificate was renewed 22 November at 10:32 AM.
Expires again on: 20 February 2024 at 10:32 AM.

:hooray:
Be kind.
caniskoppie
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by caniskoppie »

MadameRed wrote: November 23rd, 2023, 12:01:27 pm So, I've just visited Yarolds in Chrome, Opera, and Firefox without rolling my computer's clock back and had full access to the site. Chrome displays the little lock icon in the url bar, so it seems that all is good to go again.

Oh, I hadn't noticed the lock icon is back. I've migrated all my adoptables sites from Chrome to Opera, where Yarolds still functioned, and WOW I should have done that years ago.
Opera is SO MUCH faster. If only that extra key complementing the mouse wasn't needed in LinkClump, but alas...

Want? PM me!

sammythethief
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by sammythethief »

caniskoppie wrote: November 24th, 2023, 1:35:02 pm
MadameRed wrote: November 23rd, 2023, 12:01:27 pm So, I've just visited Yarolds in Chrome, Opera, and Firefox without rolling my computer's clock back and had full access to the site. Chrome displays the little lock icon in the url bar, so it seems that all is good to go again.

Oh, I hadn't noticed the lock icon is back. I've migrated all my adoptables sites from Chrome to Opera, where Yarolds still functioned, and WOW I should have done that years ago.
Opera is SO MUCH faster. If only that extra key complementing the mouse wasn't needed in LinkClump, but alas...
It's not! You can go into the settings in Linkclump and make that go away. It was such a bother to me as well. If you can't figure it out, I'll take screenshots for you as soon as I get home from work. But I definitely got rid of it successfully and now only right click and drag to open links.
Be kind.
caniskoppie
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by caniskoppie »

MadameRed wrote: November 24th, 2023, 2:33:33 pm
It's not! You can go into the settings in Linkclump and make that go away. It was such a bother to me as well. If you can't figure it out, I'll take screenshots for you as soon as I get home from work. But I definitely got rid of it successfully and now only right click and drag to open links.
Ah, I already changed the mouse button to the Right button, no problems there. Then I tried removing the letter key, but then the mouse keeps dragging the box even when I release it. Release should start activating the links, but it only does that when I use a letter key with it.

Want? PM me!

sammythethief
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by sammythethief »

caniskoppie wrote: November 24th, 2023, 3:11:42 pm
Ah, I already changed the mouse button to the Right button, no problems there. Then I tried removing the letter key, but then the mouse keeps dragging the box even when I release it. Release should start activating the links, but it only does that when I use a letter key with it.
There was a different setting in Opera, one not related to Linkclump, that I had to tweak or disable in order to get it to stop doing that. Otherwise it just kept dragging the box even after I'd released the mouse button. I'll look at my settings when I get home from work and see which one it was for you.
Be kind.
caniskoppie
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by caniskoppie »

MadameRed wrote: November 24th, 2023, 4:41:02 pm
caniskoppie wrote: November 24th, 2023, 3:11:42 pm
There was a different setting in Opera, one not related to Linkclump, that I had to tweak or disable in order to get it to stop doing that. Otherwise it just kept dragging the box even after I'd released the mouse button. I'll look at my settings when I get home from work and see which one it was for you.
Thank you so much for pointing me in the right direction, I found it! And now it works like it should (for me, and for you ;-) )!

Want? PM me!

Return to “Community Discussion”