Your Sleeping Habits

This forum is for serious discussions of any kind.

Moderator: Hall of Speakers Moderators

Cassowary
Member of The Herbalist's Guild
CreaturesTrade

Re: Your Sleeping Habits

Post by Cassowary »

I've found that drinking water right when I wake up helps me to wake up. I don't keep it in a glass, though, in a closed water bottle. Seen/heard too many horror stories to drink from an open glass...
~ G I V E A W A Y ~
(once trades work...)
ImageImageImageImageImage
StormWizard212
CreaturesTrade

Post by StormWizard212 »

Cassowary wrote:I've found that drinking water right when I wake up helps me to wake up. I don't keep it in a glass, though, in a closed water bottle. Seen/heard too many horror stories to drink from an open glass...
Well now I'm curious about what kind of horror movies you've been watching. :P I've never heard of anything with an open glass! And that's what I drink from...

I'm a bit odd about my sleep. I'm a little obsessive about certain rituals, if you could call them that. For example, I have to go to the bathroom no longer than 5 minutes before I go to bed. If it's been longer, I'll go again because I can't help thinking "but what if I get in bed and then I need to go and have to get back up!"

I also sleep either on my back or my right side. Never on my left. But during the day if I'm lying in bed using my laptop, I always lie on my left, never my right.

I keep the remote for the aircon/heater under my pillow because I hate waking up cold or hot and having to go looking for it in my bedside table. It wakes me up too much. I'd prefer to just quickly grab it and go back to sleep.

I have to have something over me when I sleep. Even if it's a thin sheet and even if it my torso and/or my legs are bare, I have to have it over SOME of me.

I have a queen size bed and sleep smack bang in the middle of it. :P

Umm... I'm trying to think what else. I've got LOTS of them, but I can't really think of any others now.
Leigh
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by Leigh »

StormWizard212 wrote:
Cassowary wrote:I've found that drinking water right when I wake up helps me to wake up. I don't keep it in a glass, though, in a closed water bottle. Seen/heard too many horror stories to drink from an open glass...
I also sleep either on my back or my right side. Never on my left. But during the day if I'm lying in bed using my laptop, I always lie on my left, never my right.
A lot of people sleep on their right side since its more comfortable and easier to breath, since your heart's freer in this position. At least, that's what I've heard.

I like to sleep on my back but recently I've been sleeping on my side because I got sleep paralysis a few weeks ago and it was a very creepy, scary experience. I haven't had nightmares since I was really little, and this is basically the equivalent. It has scared me out of sleeping before.

What's sleep paralysis? Basically you are still aware of your body while it falls asleep, and one of the first things it does is paralyses your body to prevent sleep walking and such. When you're still aware of this (since normally you aren't) your brain makes up things and plays tricks on you.

Otherwise, I sleep rather normally, at the moment. I've been sleeping quite a lot lately, though, feeling sleepy quite a lot of the time.
AquaLuna
CreaturesTrade

Post by AquaLuna »

b]1. How often do you think you sleep every night/day?[/b]
At least 6-7 hours.

2. What time do you usually try to go to sleep?
Usually i go in at 10:30pm but lately it's been 11:30 pm.

3. Do you sleep during the day or the night?
The night. XD

4. Do you have any things you absolutely need to do before going to sleep and when you wake up?
Using the bathroom or else my bladder will explode !

5. How were your sleep patterns as a child before becoming a teenager?
I was sleeping at 8:00 pm and i readed a book/comic during a hour before feeling drowsy.

6. How were your sleep patterns as a teenager?
The same thing as a child except now i was sleeping at 9:30pm and i was more into listening to music with headphones on.

7. How were your sleep patterns as a young adult?*
I still listen to music when i go in my bed and wait to get drowsy.

8. How were your sleep patterns as a middle aged adult?*
i'm not a middleaged adult yet. XD

9. How are your sleep patterns now?
Pretty messed up since i recently moved but i'll get a new one eventually.

10. What kind of bed do you sleep on? (i.e. brand, firm/softness, pillows or whatnot, ect)
Well it's a double place bed that i have ever since i'm little, i have two pillows that i tend to place on top of each other since they are a bit thin but it's comfortable.

11. Do you have to sleep in a certain position?
I usually sleep on the side/fetal like position and i switch side from time to time.

12. How well do you normally sleep?
Actually quite good, I may woke up in the middle of the night sometimes when i got wierd dreams or other reasons but i have pretty good sleep times overall. :)

13. What things do you do when you get up after sleeping?
Drinking water from a glass i always place on my nightstand( i tend to get dry mouthed when i woke up), use the toilet, getting dressed, making my bed and then go breakfeast. :)
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Scream
Member of The Dark Brotherhood
CreaturesTrade

Post by Scream »

1. How often do you think you sleep every night/day?
It's erratic to say the least. On most nights/days I try to sleep at least six hours. Lately I've been staying up for days at a time and having only about four hour naps. On good days, I sleep about ten to twelve hours a night.

12:00AM - 3:00AM

Night mostly, but sometimes during the day.

4. Do you have any things you absolutely need to do before going to sleep and when you wake up?
Check stuff on my computer.

Pretty damn regular, I'd imagine. I don't really remember. :t-shrug:

Highly erratic and hardly ever stable through the years. For a few months it would be regular, going to bed at ten PM and getting up at eight AM on the dot. For the rest of the time it was crashing in the early mornings if I ever slept at all.

How they are now.

N/A

Like I said at the top... erratic. I try to sleep properly and fail often.

10. What kind of bed do you sleep on? (i.e. brand, firm/softness, pillows or whatnot, ect)
Two pillows on an old ass mattress that's pretty firm. :t-sweat:

On my side with my arms crossed to where there's a hand on each shoulder. My right hand will be on my left shoulder and my left hand will be on my right shoulder. It allows for more head support and it helps me not snore my throat out.

Decently. If I'm depressed (which is often) I sleep like a rock. If I'm more emotionally disturbed and unstable I can't sleep well at all and I'm prone to nightmares.

Normal stuff, I assume. Hygiene - sometimes food - take care of my pets - computer.
Spoiler
the batman to my joker
ImageImageImageImage
help me hatch these? thanks.
RenoSinclair
CreaturesTrade

Post by RenoSinclair »

1. How often do you think you sleep every night/day? 6-8 hours.

2. What time do you usually try to go to sleep? Around 6 AM.

3. Do you sleep during the day or the night? Day.

4. Do you have any things you absolutely need to do before going to sleep and when you wake up? Before going to sleep, I usually have to laze around with my fiance until I feel relaxed enough. After waking up, I always turn the computer on, use the restroom, wash my face, brush my teeth, and feed the animals.

5. How were your sleep patterns as a child before becoming a teenager? I remember going to sleep at around 7:30 and waking up at 6 for school.

6. How were your sleep patterns as a teenager? Went to bed at 12-1 AM and got up at 4:30 for school.

7. How were your sleep patterns as a young adult?* Screwed. I go to bed at daylight and sleep until midday.

8. How were your sleep patterns as a middle aged adult?* N/A

9. How are your sleep patterns now? Refer to #7

10. What kind of bed do you sleep on? (i.e. brand, firm/softness, pillows or whatnot, ect) It's a large, medium firmness mattress. I must have two normal pillow and one extremely long one to wrap around my body.

11. Do you have to sleep in a certain position? Yes. Usually, it is on my right side.

12. How well do you normally sleep? Pretty well.

13. What things do you do when you get up after sleeping? See #4

*IF these apply to you
Signature is a huge work in progress ♥
ImageImageImageImage
sadistsmiles
CreaturesTrade
Location: In my private prison in the Asylum, plotting out an escape plan

Post by sadistsmiles »

I sleep an wake up in the morning like the usual. I only take naps or afternoon rests when I feel very drained.

I gave up trying to sleep at 10 PM. Not used to it. I try for midnight or 1 AM instead.

Does dawn apply? Happens occasionally. But usually, I sleep at midnight.

Before going to sleep: take care of personal hygiene.
After waking up: folding the sheets and taking care of my personal hygiene.

I slept as much as I could in the morning. Yes, even in class. This results in me becoming a hyperactive ball of energy come afternoon. On evenings, I go to bed at 9 PM and sleep in until 6-7 AM.

I'm currently exiting the teenage phase, and I could say that my sleeping patterns were very irregular. I could sleep at 10 PM or 3 AM, depending on how busy or bored I was. The only thing that was constant was the fact that no matter how tired I was, I always wake up at 6-7 AM. Guh. I have my body clock to thank and blame for that

I now sleep for 6-8 hours, compensating by afternoon naps if it wasn't enough.

I live in a dorm, so just a standard bed and two pillows. I can't live without two pillows. A body pillow is most essential too.

I have to sleep facing the sides. I have nightmares when I sleep facing upwards and I wake up from them unable to move. I don't know why.

I sleep as well as the usual.

Stare at something for a few minutes, stretch out the kinks and take care of personal hygiene.
Dream, hope, keep going.
sadistsmiles
CreaturesTrade
Location: In my private prison in the Asylum, plotting out an escape plan

Post by sadistsmiles »

Leigh wrote: I like to sleep on my back but recently I've been sleeping on my side because I got sleep paralysis a few weeks ago and it was a very creepy, scary experience. I haven't had nightmares since I was really little, and this is basically the equivalent. It has scared me out of sleeping before.

What's sleep paralysis? Basically you are still aware of your body while it falls asleep, and one of the first things it does is paralyses your body to prevent sleep walking and such. When you're still aware of this (since normally you aren't) your brain makes up things and plays tricks on you.
I got sleep paralysis a long time ago, when I was 8, I think. Ever since then I have NEVER slept facing upwards. Ever. Again. I can still clearly remember the nightmare/hallucination my brain gave me. *shudders*

I move in my sleep, yes, but every time I find myself in that facing upward (supine) position, my trauma alerts me and wakes me up just before the hallucination/nightmare starts.
Dream, hope, keep going.
rosemilly
CreaturesTrade

Post by rosemilly »

I sleep about 9 hours on the week days.

I go to sleep at 9pm or 9:30 pm on week nights.

The night. I can never go asleep during the day.

Floss my braces and brush my teeth.

Sleep on right side and wake up sometimes about midnight.

Sleep on right side and wake up sometimes about midnight and 3 in the morning.

I'll answer this in the future.

I don't think I'll answer this in the future.

Sleep on right side and wake up sometimes about midnight and 3 in the morning.

I sleep on a firm mattress. I wish it was softer. I also sleep with one pillow.

On my right side or sometimes with back aches on stomach.

It's hard to fall asleep.

Get ready for school.
You can click them in the spoiler. They don't bite!
I currently have 8/25 gifts

Spoiler
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Hawktalon
Member of Artificer's Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade

Post by Hawktalon »

Leigh wrote:
StormWizard212 wrote:I also sleep either on my back or my right side. Never on my left. But during the day if I'm lying in bed using my laptop, I always lie on my left, never my right.
A lot of people sleep on their right side since its more comfortable and easier to breath, since your heart's freer in this position. At least, that's what I've heard.
That is interesting. When I sleep on my side (I usually can't because my shoulders are so tight) I sleep on my right. I always thought it was as simple as feeling "safer" with my back towards the middle of the bed, since I sleep on the right side of the bed.

I usually sleep on my back though, with the corners of my pillow up over my shoulders. I also have started to put a pillow over my face to cover my ears (old habit), but I've found that I like the way it blocks out the light... why then, do I sleep with a night light? Another old habit I guess. I don't usually change possitions either, unless I get hot during the night. Except for last night when I woke up holding a pillow case over my face and the actual pillow on the floor.
sadistsmiles wrote:
Leigh wrote: I like to sleep on my back but recently I've been sleeping on my side because I got sleep paralysis a few weeks ago and it was a very creepy, scary experience. I haven't had nightmares since I was really little, and this is basically the equivalent. It has scared me out of sleeping before.

I got sleep paralysis a long time ago, when I was 8, I think. Ever since then I have NEVER slept facing upwards. Ever. Again. I can still clearly remember the nightmare/hallucination my brain gave me. *shudders*
I got it a few nights ago. Scared the heck out of me when I couldn't get up, and my mouth wouldn't move when I tried to yell for help (I hate those dreams). I managed to get out of it by slowing my breathing and relaxing into it, but it was still quite terrifying. Took forever to get back to sleep because I was afraid it would happen again.
StormWizard212 wrote:I have to have something over me when I sleep. Even if it's a thin sheet and even if it my torso and/or my legs are bare, I have to have it over SOME of me.
Me too! I can't sleep with my legs over the edge of the bed either; leftover habit from when an irrational fear I had when I was like 4 or five that a gnome would grab them if I let them dangle over the edge.

Return to “Hall of Speakers”