Animal Rights

This forum is for serious discussions of any kind.

Moderator: Hall of Speakers Moderators

browniewolf1111
CreaturesTrade

Re: Animal Rights

Post by browniewolf1111 »

Wolfpack5554 wrote:Animal Rights- It's commonly spoken about on a neutral standpoint. Something along the lines that they don't have rights, but they shouldn't be abused. Few believe that they are fully deserving of human level rights. Most humans believe that they deserve no rights, and don't even have souls to abuse.

Many factors go into one's standpoint on Animal rights. For many, it is religion, from paganism to Christianity. For others, it was an old pet, or a neighborly enemy. And others it's just simple ethics.

Animal rights is commonly a no-no subject, but here, I invite you to speak about it. Here, we can speak on the following subjects:
Lab testing- Testing Medicines, care products, chemicals, etc. on unwilling test subjects.
Abuse+Neglect- Beatings, stabbings, Microwaving, drowning, etc. are just some of the things that happen to pets and wild animals. Not to mention various types of neglect.
General Animal Rights- General info on Animal Liberation
Show animals(Movies, Television, Circus, etc.)- Should Elephants be in circuses? Should tigers be kept inhumanely in bad environments for attention?
Farming- What about the terrors of Chicken, Cows, Pigs, Sheep, and other farm animals?
Veganism/Vegetarianism- Is it right, wrong? Why? Are you one?
Fishing etc.- Marine animals may seem less human, but we never have contact with them. Is it right to kill massive amounts of them, leading to endangerment and extinction?
Overpopulation (Humans AND Animals)- Are humans to blame? Or the deer, raccoons, cats, and more?
Pets- What separates them from "meat" animals? Should they be coddled by us or not?
Hunting- Why is it okay? Is it? What is it rightfully used for?
Trapping/Fur- Should hundreds of creatures be culled for one coat or a pair of boots?
Culture- This can include unusual ways of killing animals such as Kosher. It includes sacrifice and other cultural things.
Religion- It has to do with almost everything. Just keep it under control.

If you want me to add more issues to the list above, just ask. I will add it and info on it. I have to ask for the following:
NO FLAMING.
NO HARASSMENT.
NO BRINGING IT INTO THREADS ELSEWHERE ON THE SITE.
NO BASHING.
NO ANYTHING RUDE.
READ THE RULES OF CONDUCT. NOW.

Now get to your politics. Here's mine:
I am a firm believer in Animal Rights. My support is because of my moral, ethical, and religious beliefs. I am against Hunting, trapping, fishing, farming, expansion, testing and everything else that harms animals. I believe in Animal Rights because I had a dog. She saved my life once, and I loved her and treated her and all other dogs with respect. After this, I saw a documentary on slaughter houses around the age of 5. It is imprinted in me. I stopped eating very much meat at all, and began respecting all of my equals. I dropped Christianity and found another, almost Pagan belief. After the dog died, I got rats, furthering me to be against animal testing. This sort of theme goes on up until now.
Of late, I have become a vegetarian, petition signer, and volunteer. I also spread the word about various issues on animals that are overlooked in my school. I could make a post to long to post, so as soon as people comment I will give info on the part that they are talking about.
Animals should be treated just like us. :D I'm a vegetarian
My mini gold mine ( Pitures) of the animals not symbols:
(nearly every creatures are mine)
Image[/url[url=http://magistream.com/creature/6939156]ImageImage[/url]ImageImage[/url[url=http://magistream.com/creature/6947383]ImageImage
Image7.Image
Rainwater
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade

Post by Rainwater »

browniewolf1111 wrote:

Could you explain further? What exactly do you mean "just like us"? Could I sue a bird for causing damage to my property the way I could a person? Could you be arrested for murder because you stepped on an ant or gave your dog medication to kill a tapeworm (would the dog even be your dog)? And what about carnivores? Should they be tried for murder because they killed another animal? Would we have to stop using all farmland because that is stealing land from the animals?
Image <3 Image <3 Image <3 Image Eggs for clicking! :look:ImageImageImageImage
browniewolf1111
CreaturesTrade

Rainwater wrote:
browniewolf1111 wrote:

Could you explain further? What exactly do you mean "just like us"? Could I sue a bird for causing damage to my property the way I could a person? Could you be arrested for murder because you stepped on an ant or gave your dog medication to kill a tapeworm (would the dog even be your dog)? And what about carnivores? Should they be tried for murder because they killed another animal? Would we have to stop using all farmland because that is stealing land from the animals?
ok then i mean yeah you should be able to sue a bird or duck because the don't have money for the bill.We don't get arrested for murder of an ant so they don't and i mean animals apart from insects ect..
Image[/url[url=http://magistream.com/creature/6939156]ImageImage[/url]ImageImage[/url[url=http://magistream.com/creature/6947383]ImageImage
Image7.Image
Rainwater
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade

Post by Rainwater »

browniewolf1111 wrote:
Rainwater wrote:
browniewolf1111 wrote:

ok then i mean yeah you should be able to sue a bird or duck because the don't have money for the bill.We don't get arrested for murder of an ant so they don't and i mean animals apart from insects ect..
Wait, we should be able to sue because they don't have money? I assume you mean we shouldn't be able to sue them. But, they shouldn't damage my property if they can't pay for it. Why can't I treat them the way I would treat a person in this case?

Anyway, if we aren't supposed to kill other people, and we want to treat animals like people, then why wouldn't someone be arrested for killing an ant?

And why not ants/insects? Shouldn't they have the same rights as people and other animals? Sponges and whipworms are animals too. If not, why can kittens and bunnies and calves have protection but not mosquitoes, sea cucumbers, and Tardigrades?
browniewolf1111
CreaturesTrade

i mean they to me do small things for us. where as wolves do and cows and things like that do and there are millions and millions of them so i will worry about them when that goes down but i think more on the farm animals and ones like that
Last edited by browniewolf1111 on March 29th, 2014, 8:59:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image7.Image
Katyakun
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood
CreaturesTrade

Post by Katyakun »

what about spiders or bees?? do they not count?? they sure do a lot for us. plus everything has a purpose. even ants
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage firemer from Sharyu
Rainwater
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by Rainwater »

browniewolf1111 wrote:i mean they to me do small things for us. where as wolves do and cows and things like that do and there are millions and millions of them so i will worry about them when that goes down but i think more on the farm animals and ones like that
What do wolves do for us? While they play an important ecological role, I am not sure exactly what they do to help people.

What do cows do for us? We use them for meat, milk, leather, etc. Some use them for working animals. They don't get a choice in the matter. If we treat them like people, then could we still use them for our own purposes?

So, because there are millions of ants, they don't deserve concern? There are millions of cattle in the world too, so by the ant logic cattle don't need to be cared about either. And I echo what Katyakun said. Many insects/arachnids/etc have very important roles to play.

Is it that you believe in animal welfare? You think they should be taken care of and not abused, but that we can still use them? Cows can be used as a food source, but they should have a humane slaughter, for example? A cow's life wouldn't be more important than your own life, but you still have consideration for the cow's life.
browniewolf1111
CreaturesTrade

Rainwater wrote:
browniewolf1111 wrote:i mean they to me do small things for us. where as wolves do and cows and things like that do and there are millions and millions of them so i will worry about them when that goes down but i think more on the farm animals and ones like that
What do wolves do for us? While they play an important ecological role, I am not sure exactly what they do to help people.

What do cows do for us? We use them for meat, milk, leather, etc. Some use them for working animals. They don't get a choice in the matter. If we treat them like people, then could we still use them for our own purposes?

So, because there are millions of ants, they don't deserve concern? There are millions of cattle in the world too, so by the ant logic cattle don't need to be cared about either. And I echo what Katyakun said. Many insects/arachnids/etc have very important roles to play.

Is it that you believe in animal welfare? You think they should be taken care of and not abused, but that we can still use them? Cows can be used as a food source, but they should have a humane slaughter, for example? A cow's life wouldn't be more important than your own life, but you still have consideration for the cow's life.

ok I will stop annoying you and that but i will awnser this question first: wolves' bears sharks they all help with keeping the other animal populations under contral
Image7.Image
Rainwater
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by Rainwater »

browniewolf1111 wrote:
Rainwater wrote:

ok I will stop annoying you and that but i will awnser this question first: wolves' bears sharks they all help with keeping the other animal populations under contral
You aren't annoying me. I am really trying to understand your position. As for wolves/bears/sharks, they are not trying to help us by doing population control. They are simply living as they are designed. And wolves would take a cow or sheep if it was easier for them to do so instead of wild prey. And some will even argue that wolves take too much prey (especially the young) and need their own numbers contained (whole other topic though). But why is their population control worth more than a spider's or a mosquito's ability to control populations?
browniewolf1111
CreaturesTrade

well would you rather have 9000 million people or 9000 million elk and cows running everywhere?
Image7.Image

Return to “Hall of Speakers”