Moderator: Roleplay Stage Moderators

Forum rules
Roleplay Stage rules
Rockfalcon
Member of The Dark Brotherhood
CreaturesTrade

Re: The Rift Reborn OoC

Post by Rockfalcon »

Disclaimer: I have absolutely no idea how to enter this. So I'll just kind of... go for it.

Really glad we're getting started, though!
Allorvia watches over the little ones!
Allorvia's current charges:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Want to RP?: Hunt and Kill
Fang
RP moderator
CreaturesTrade

Post by Fang »

I'm gonna see how much of my first post I can salvage from the original thread. XD
+Good and evil are always at war inside you+
-That's rough, buddy-
\Eh, you've seen nothing once, you've seen it a thousand times/
#Down ya go#
>It's a giant mushroom... maybe it's FRIENDLY!<
|SECRET TUNNEL! SECRET TUNNEL!|
~I laugh at gravity all the time. Haha! Gravity~
HoarderofMistwalkers
CreaturesTrade

Post by HoarderofMistwalkers »

Neko, I went back and fixed Kays profile.

And, I'm just wondering. Where are you guys from? I'm from the USA.
Beware my Keep Guard!
http://xxjcartspacexx.deviantart.com/
ImageImageImageImageImage
~Gold miners welcome~
I am a Christian. I believe in the savior Jesus Christ.
Fang
RP moderator
CreaturesTrade

Post by Fang »

I will post later today! I swear!
-That's rough, buddy-
#Down ya go#
metal
CreaturesTrade

Post by metal »

This looks pretty interesting. Ya'll mind if I join in? :orly:

Username: metal
Name: Albert “Auber” Kessler
Spoiler
Appearance:
Auber’s always had a certain Sicilian look to him, a strong jaw and defined characteristics giving him a classic sort of machismo. You might say that he’s got the look of a knight in shining armor, but basic imperfections show glaringly upon his face; lips too pouted and expressive, a forehead too broad, as if he were constantly in thought. He stands at about an average height, but he’s stocky and well-muscled due to his active lifestyle. His hair is long and blonde, constantly in a tangled mess and untamed. He’s always wanted to grow some facial hair, but he’s never been able to grow anything longer than a patchy stalk of whiskers. Who knows? Maybe he’ll be able to in the Rift. He’ll have all the time in the world, after all.
Personality: Auber isn’t a difficult guy to figure out, but there are many complexities to his character. He’s honest, always to the point, and very rarely speaks in metaphors. He doesn’t like to mince words, and he has a strong sense of intuition that is belied by his masculine appearance. His direct approach to life speaks for his confidence, and he is often sure-footed in his decision making. He’s ambitious, however, and competitive, and when combined with his high level of intuition, makes him an absolute perfectionist.
Despite his quiet exterior, Auber is keen on meeting new people. He’s the type who could go up to just about anybody and strike up a conversation, and he’s got a wide circle of friends who he feels close to. His confident bravado is reassuring to most, and he has a way of making just about anyone feel welcome.
Despite his welcoming nature, Auber can be close-minded and narrow in his ways. He’s extremely stubborn in the face of adversity, and once he’s dug his heels in, it’s impossible to sway him. He has a slight temper as well, and has a very low tolerance for other people’s foolish behavior. When dealing with large projects, he tends to focus on small, insignificant details that only distract from the big picture due to his perfectionist mindset.
More than anything else, though, Auber has a strong sense of honor. He has a heavy moral code, and feels it’s his duty to stick up for the little guy. He has the mind of a revolutionary, so when something doesn’t feel right, he’ll viciously reject it.
History: We all have our own hobbies that we dedicate ourselves to, right? Auber’s hobby was auto-repair, motorcycles to be specific. His dad was a mechanic in New York, and Auber grew up with the smell of oil and iron since he was a boy. Naturally, he picked up the mantle early on, and by the age of 12, he was his father’s assistant mechanic. American dream, right? The little known fact, though, is that every hobby has a price.
About two months before he was called on by the Creator, Auber got caught in a crash when he tried turning around a narrow ramp. He was pinned beneath his vehicle, and due to heavy damage to his arm, the entire limb was amputated. He stayed in physical therapy for about two weeks before quitting, then got back on the horse and continued working at the auto shop.
When the Creator finally called on him, Auber’s wish was obvious. He wanted an arm, any arm, something to replace that damned empty stump. So, the Creater gave him an arm.
Only, it was the wrong type of arm. Lying in front of Auber was a prosthetic limb, shiny and waxed, stiff in certain areas, but overall robust. Auber only grimaced. He had never been one for false pretenses; he either had an arm or he didn’t. Besides, he simply wasn’t one for second best.
“Do you think I could get a live arm, maybe?” He asked, waving the prosthetic at the Creator without thought. Then, it was the Creator’s turn to grimace.
After that, Auber got an arm. He got one hell of an arm.
The lesson, folks? When you’re offered water in the desert, accept it.

Attribute: Red Arm
Ability: Auber’s stump has been replaced with an entirely new, demonic looking arm. This limb has a will completely of its own as well as a separate consciousness that refers to itself as “the Nuban.” The Nuban is extremely chaotic by nature, and is more apt to strangle Auber to death than help him.
Other: He got the nickname “Auber“ when he was a boy. When he was three, he had trouble pronouncing his L‘s, so he couldn‘t pronounce his name correctly. “Albert“ became “Auber“ and it fit, so that was the way he was referred to from then on.

Code: Select all

[color=#151B54][b]Username:[/b][/color] metal
[color=#151B54][b]Name:[/b][/color] Albert “Auber” Kessler
[spoiler][color=#151B54][b]Age:[/b][/color] 20
[color=#151B54][b]Gender:[/b][/color] male
[color=#151B54][b]Appearance:[/b][/color]
[img]http://38.media.tumblr.com/932f311bfbbae408e79947907931d784/tumblr_mrr78eOxC11qzdzbuo1_250.jpg[/img]
Auber’s always had a certain Sicilian look to him, a strong jaw and defined characteristics giving him a certain look of machismo. You might say that he’s got the look of a knight in shining armor, but basic imperfections show glaringly upon his face; lips too pouted and expressive, a forehead too broad, as if he were constantly in thought. He stands at about an average height, but he’s stocky and well-muscled due to his active lifestyle. His hair is long and blonde, constantly in a tangled mess and untamed. He’s always wanted to grow some facial hair, but he’s never been able to grow anything longer than a patchy stalk of hair. Who knows? Maybe he’ll be able to in the Rift. He’ll have all the time in the world. 
[color=#151B54][b]Personality:[/b][/color] Auber isn’t a difficult guy to figure out, but there are many complexities to his character. He’s honest, always to the point, and very rarely speaks in metaphors. He doesn’t like to mince words, and he has a strong sense of intuition that is belied by his masculine appearance. His direct approach to life speaks for his confidence, and he is often sure-footed in his decision making. He’s ambitious, however, and competitive, and when combined with his high level of intuition, makes him an absolute perfectionist. 
Despite his quiet exterior, Auber is keen on meeting new people. He’s the type who could go up to just about anybody and strike up a conversation, and he’s got a wide circle of friends who he feels close to. His confident bravado is reassuring to most, and he has a way of making just about anyone feel welcome.
Despite his welcoming nature, Auber can be close-minded and narrow in his ways. He’s extremely stubborn in the face of adversity, and once he’s dug his heels in, it’s impossible to sway him. He has a slight temper as well, and has a very low tolerance for other people’s foolish behavior. When dealing with large projects, he tends to focus on small, insignificant details that only distract from the big picture due to his perfectionist mindset. 
More than anything else, though, Auber has a strong sense of honor. He has a heavy moral code, and feels it’s his duty to stick up for the little guy. He has the mind of a revolutionary, so when something doesn’t feel right, he’ll viciously reject it. 
[color=#151B54][b]History:[/b][/color] We all have our own hobbies that we dedicate ourselves to, right? Auber’s hobby was auto-repair, motorcycles to be specific. His dad was a mechanic in New York, and Auber grew up with the smell of oil and iron since he was a boy. Naturally, he picked up the mantle early on, and by the age of 12, he was his father’s assistant mechanic. American dream, right? The little known fact, though, is that every hobby has a price. 
About two months before he was called on by the Creator, Auber got caught in a crash when he tried turning around a narrow ramp. He was pinned beneath his vehicle, and due to heavy damage to his arm, the entire limb was amputated. He stayed in physical therapy for about two weeks before quitting, then got back on the horse and continued working at the auto shop. 
When the Creator finally called on him, Auber’s wish was obvious. He wanted an arm, any arm, something to replace that damned empty stump. So, the Creater gave him an arm. 
Only, it was the wrong type of arm. Lying in front of Auber was a prosthetic limb, shiny and waxed, stiff in certain areas, but overall robust. Auber only grimaced. He had never been one for false pretenses; he either had an arm or he didn’t. Besides, he simply wasn’t one for second best. 
“Do you think I could get a live arm, maybe?” He asked, waving the prosthetic at the Creator without thought. Then, it was the Creator’s turn to grimace. 
Auber got an arm. He got one hell of an arm. 
The lesson, folks? When you’re offered water in the desert, accept it. 

[color=#151B54][b]Attribute:[/b][/color] Red Arm
[color=#151B54][b]Ability:[/b][/color] Auber’s stump has been replaced with an entirely [url=http://losthaven.biz/galleries/dylan/ArmsDemon01.jpg]new, demonic looking arm.[/url] This limb has a will completely of its own as well as a separate consciousness that refers to itself as “the Nuban.” The Nuban is extremely chaotic by nature, and is more apt to strangle Auber to death than help him. 
[color=#151B54][b]Other:[/b][/color] He got the nickname “Auber“ when he was a boy. When he was three, he had trouble pronouncing his L‘s, so he couldn‘t pronounce his name correctly. “Albert“ became “Auber“ and it fit, so that was the way he was referred to from then on. [/spoiler] 
Fang
RP moderator
CreaturesTrade

Post by Fang »

I just can't get away from you can I?
-That's rough, buddy-
#Down ya go#
metal
CreaturesTrade

Post by metal »

Pshaw, you make it sound like a bad thing. :yarly:

In all seriousness though, this does look pretty interesting. A few quick questions though. Is the Creator an NPC? Does he influence the story very much? Is there a way for any of them to escape the Rift? :orly:
Last edited by metal on October 19th, 2014, 5:42:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HoarderofMistwalkers
CreaturesTrade

Post by HoarderofMistwalkers »

I think the last question is one of the things Neko will reveal later in the Rp. I'm not certain about your other questions.
Beware my Keep Guard!
http://xxjcartspacexx.deviantart.com/
ImageImageImageImageImage
~Gold miners welcome~
I am a Christian. I believe in the savior Jesus Christ.
NekoKyu
CreaturesTrade

Post by NekoKyu »

Hello again, this is Neko, chiming in. *salutes* Sorry for the wait, but an old elementary teacher of mine passed away this week, followed by the loss of internet.

I'm really glad people are excited about starting though! :hooray: There is one thing I realize, however. When I first made this roleplay, I made it more clear that the Rift is a world without color. Only people and certain things of plot importance such as Spawn or if it's Attribute related have any color, as color is how I am symbolizing something of value in this roleplay. I take it upon myself for not having made that more clear the second time around though. I won't ask anyone to change their posts, but in the future, however, I would appreciate if there would be a lack of color to help stick to the plans and ideas I have set for the Rift. Actually, now that I think about, I think I just misinterpreted the posts and it actually was understand that the Rift is colorless. Image I just leave this here in case if there are those who were unaware of the lack of color, but other than that this random rambling paragraph of mine can be ignored. Image

@Hawk: Excellent! Thanks so much; I'll go add them to the thread. ^_^ I can't wait to see your characters in actions! And thank you, I'm hoping we both shall survive our busy lives. x3

@Mist I am very glad to hear you are up to the challenges or my long posts, and would like to congratulate you on succeeding so far. ^_^ There is one thing I am curious about Kay though; are the voices only in her head or are the actual whispers that are constantly at her ear? I ask for two reasons: one, to get a better understanding of how others might hear the whispers, and two, because I worry of the potential an unintended Mary Stu. My Mary Stu worry simply stems from the concern that the whispers might lead to Kay becoming all-knowing of both the Rift and of the other characters and their secrets. I have no idea what you intend to do with the whispers, so I thought I would ask about it first to better understand.

Oh, and I'm in USA as well, on the west coast. :t-^_^:

@metal: Hello! I love the moral of Auber's story you added. XD Also, his self strangling red arm reminds me of Futurama. I am curious as to what are the extent and abilities of his arm, if any, or if it's just an arm with a mind of its own. It's rather important to know for my plans, but if it's also something you would wish to keep as a surprise then that's fine too. Only I really need to know in that case, which is why PMs are great for secrets. Image

As to your questions, Mist is in fact correct that I shall eventually reveal if there is a way to escape the Rift or not. In fact, trying to discover if there is or not is a huge driving point of the plot. And as you state, the Creator is an NCP. If people so wish, they can portray him in their flashbacks, and I tried to give an idea as to what the Creator is like, but any appearance of him actually in the Rift will be portrayed by me. Granted, he might not even appear in the Rift at all. As to his influence, aside from what the roleplayers have decided for their characters, he has very little direct influence. He generally tries to have as little influence as possible over things, though sometimes he can't separate himself from it all. Indirectly though, he is the reason the Rift exists. He has a lot of indirect influence, but then again he's called the Creator for a reason.
Last edited by NekoKyu on October 26th, 2014, 5:19:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Storytellers from the womb to the tomb :cool:

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Standing on top of the world,
Who'd have ever thought that we would fall.

˙llɐɟ plnoʍ ǝʍ ʇɐɥʇ ʇɥƃnoɥʇ ɹǝʌǝ ǝʌɐɥ p,oɥʍ
`plɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ɟo doʇ uo ƃuıpuɐʇS
metal
CreaturesTrade

Post by metal »

Oh man, I remember that Futurama episode! The one with the devil's hands, right? That was the best. :yarly:

All right, that all sounds good. :yarly: I'll send you a PM of what the arm actually does.

Return to “Backstage”