Wonders of Thedas (Dragon Age) Now with extra Poll!

The place to converse with other members of a guild or club.

Favorite Way To Play?

Support Mage
No votes
Damage Mage
No votes
Paladin Mage(Arcane Warrior+Spirit Healer/Blood Mage)
20%
Ranged Rogue
20%
Melee Rogue
40%
Warrior Tank
10%
Warrior DPS
10%
Other (Comment)
No votes

Total votes: 10

Kyrare
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood
CreaturesTrade

Re: Wonders of Thedas (Dragon Age) Now with extra Poll!

Post by Kyrare »

MadameRed wrote:Working on a blood mage build in DA2, since there is no blood mage option in Inquisition >_>

Hawke's got 33 WILL, which is enough to sustain Blood Magic, Rock Armour, and Heroic Aura, but he whines about needing more mana and being exhausted. I'm thinking about popping into the Black Emporium and messing around with reallocating his stats until he stops bitching. I'm at the beginning of Act II (haven't gone to deal with that dumb Arishok yet) and he's a damn tank. He's a force mage, too, so he draws enemies into one spot and then casts Hemorrhage, Fist of the Maker, and Fireball. Then he runs in close and goes for Cone of Cold. Heals when needed with fully upgraded Grave Robber. Aveline is my tank, Isabela is my rogue/LOVER, and Merrill is support. He's wearing Neophytes gear for all dat blood magic boost, and any accessories/staves I could find that enhance his blood magic.

One day I'll run a play on nightmare, probably with this build and maybe a few mods. I wonder if there's a mod that gives me the champion armor with blood magic perks...
Will this still be the case once you meet Arishok?
“Jack of all trades, master of none is still better than a master of one.”ImageImage
"This place is a death trap! If I have to go into the bushes to answer nature's call, you're coming with me!"~Anders Wonders of Thedas(Dragon Age Guild)
Mazzi
CreaturesTrade

Post by Mazzi »

Hey, that's a legitimate strategy no matter what anyone says. xD
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
sammythethief
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by sammythethief »

Super legit strategy, but maybe not. If I can freeze him with Winter's Grasp and lay the smack down on him with some spirit damage, freeze him again with CoC, and then shock him into submission... I'm going to save right before. If he's too easy, then I'm going to bump up the difficulty.

Wish enemies respawned :c
Be kind.
Please do not click any hatchlings in my Main tab. Thank you.
Kyrare
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by Kyrare »

MadameRed wrote:Super legit strategy, but maybe not. If I can freeze him with Winter's Grasp and lay the smack down on him with some spirit damage, freeze him again with CoC, and then shock him into submission... I'm going to save right before. If he's too easy, then I'm going to bump up the difficulty.

Wish enemies respawned :c
Same here. Are there mobs that summon something that gives exp? *_*
Silly Fenris and everyone else
Spoiler
ImageImage

Every time.
“Jack of all trades, master of none is still better than a master of one.”ImageImage
"This place is a death trap! If I have to go into the bushes to answer nature's call, you're coming with me!"~Anders Wonders of Thedas(Dragon Age Guild)
sammythethief
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by sammythethief »

Hubband is finally playing Dragon Age Origins. On the PS3. I think he does more damage than I do. My dual wielding rogue started off doing 12-15 damage, and his was doing 20-25 at the beginning. Lucky.

He also LOVED the fade sequence in the Broken Circle quest. Insane. He's totally bonkers.
Be kind.
Kyrare
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by Kyrare »

MadameRed wrote:Hubband is finally playing Dragon Age Origins. On the PS3. I think he does more damage than I do. My dual wielding rogue started off doing 12-15 damage, and his was doing 20-25 at the beginning. Lucky.

He also LOVED the fade sequence in the Broken Circle quest. Insane. He's totally bonkers.
Fade was nice to playthrough the FIRST TIME, with all the different morphs and being able to visit it as a non-mage and rolfstomp enemies after getting some form. Still a bit lengthy and dull otherwise XD
Mazzi
CreaturesTrade

Post by Mazzi »

I'm not sure how to take the news of David Gaider leaving DA after all this time, I know Patrick Weekes is more than capable but still. I am grumpy and don't like change very much. xD
sammythethief
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by sammythethief »

WHAT WHAT WHAT. Gaider Is leaving??
Be kind.
Mazzi
CreaturesTrade

Post by Mazzi »

MadameRed wrote:WHAT WHAT WHAT. Gaider Is leaving??
Yup he's gone, announced it one his Twitter two days ago, I'd link you but that's a nightmare on this iPad. He's working on another project that they can't announce but it won't be DA. :sweat:
Kyrare
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by Kyrare »

Mazzi wrote:
MadameRed wrote:WHAT WHAT WHAT. Gaider Is leaving??
Yup he's gone, announced it one his Twitter two days ago, I'd link you but that's a nightmare on this iPad. He's working on another project that they can't announce but it won't be DA. :sweat:
Will it be the NEXT DA though? ;D

Return to “Guilds Quarter”