new temple cat

Discuss MagiStream and site-related topics.

do you want a temple cat

yes caloic
9%
yes russin blue
23%
yes himalying
11%
yes mai
6%
no
50%

Total votes: 128

Zunami
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood
CreaturesTrade

Re: new temple cat

Post by Zunami »

umbreon241 wrote:I just went digging in a few people's Keeps and I noticed the people who don't want another Temple Cat already have one. I think they don't want another because their Temple Cats will lose value and won't be as special.
You didn't check mine then :lol:
Sure the kittay is very very nice, but I've never been super hyped trying to get my paws on one. It's beautiful no doubt what so ever, there are just so many other creatures that have caught my eye right now.

If the artists create a rewamp I will ofc be getting one (hopefully have the IRL $ etc).

I doubt it the value of the old Temple Cats will decrease if we were to see a remake :)
The old Crystalwings are still extremely expensive.
~ ImageImageImageImage ~

Entangled in IRL. Limited online time
NKfloofiepoof
MagiStream Donor
Member of Artificer's Association An icon depicting the element Water
CreaturesTrade

Post by NKfloofiepoof »

I don't like the adult temple cat at all - it looks emaciated. :omg: I like the kitten and want one, but I know that's a long way away, if I ever manage to get one at all. :t-shrug: The crystalwings were redone and re-released because it was the site's anniversary - I think they need to stay special in that regard.
Buying unwanted SB elephant snails for shop price
Buying Bread Creatures for 2k each

Image-Free Magi Nursery
Flaviel
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by Flaviel »

Sure, a new kittie would be awesome but not a Temple Cat. I would love to see a wildcat or a Maine Coon or something else in this way :t-swoon:

To say the truth: I don't like the old CWs at alk and I'm happy that we have now really wonderful CWs on MS *hides in a dark corner
Shogo Makishima... just an unemployed bitter lit major who wanted to be a cereal killer.

Remember, kids, it is called looting, not shoplifting.

Wishlist
Meow
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by Meow »

umbreon241 wrote:I just went digging in a few people's Keeps and I noticed the people who don't want another Temple Cat already have one. I think they don't want another because their Temple Cats will lose value and won't be as special.
I love mine. (3) but I only need two and I wouldnt care if their prices dropped, I dont want a remake of a temple cat becasue I personally think it is the best sprite work out of all the old donis.

and if they make itanother midmonth It would take ages for me to get some becasue nobody would sell!!!
►◄

<3 I seriously love some of the people here.
(you know who you are *hugs*)
You never cease to amaze me. <3

Practising my drawing skills: feel free to send me pictures of your pets! <3 :3
GoblinShark
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by GoblinShark »

How will templecats lose their value if a new one comes out? The old crytalwings still go for millions even after the new crystalwings, and are still just as special due to the owner still being one of the few who actually have the old sprite.

I vote no because we already have a large number of cats.
Sure, another coming out would be nice, but I think we should just explore some other groups of animals.
ImageImageImageImageImage
psssst
hey you
yeah you
Gobs's Totally Legit And Completely Legal Back Alley Bargains
oh wait hey the thread's gone
whoops
Dragon131
CreaturesTrade

Post by Dragon131 »

GoblinShark wrote:
How will templecats lose their value if a new one comes out? The old crytalwings still go for millions even after the new crystalwings, and are still just as special due to the owner still being one of the few who actually have the old sprite.

I vote no because we already have a large number of cats.
Sure, another coming out would be nice, but I think we should just explore some other groups of animals.
Agreed. I also vote no, even though I've had a temple cat.
ImageMolten Bone Dragon up for Auction! Magistream: ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Dragon Cave: ImageImageImageImageImage
GenericDragon
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by GenericDragon »

Soleil wrote:Other than the whole "I wasn't around for the first ones" excuse, I have yet to see anyone give a valid reason why they want new temple cats, at least from my perspective.
That could go both ways, though. There's no "valid" reason for why someone wants new temple cats, but there's no "valid" reason why someone doesn't want them, either. Although, that's perspective.

Personally, I would want a new Temple Cat because it would continue on with the Egyptian theme for a few animals. I want a pair of Temple Cats and, while I don't like the Shaas, I will eventually try to get a pair of those too, because they look Egyptian inspired and I love Egyptian mythology. So, a new Temple Cat would go into that--I want more creatures of Egyptian mythology/cultural influence.

Could this be accomplished differently? Sure. Make a new creature that's like a Temple Cat, but not quite--call it a Bastet, and make it a slightly stockier (but still thin and lithe), black in color, adorned with gold jewelry.

Or, if people who want a remake of the Temple Cat because it's Egyptian inspired (like myself), maybe a Sahkmet... It could be the more expensive creature. The three shard is the pale colored lioness-looking cat, and the five shard could be a pure black one with gold jewelry...This to get away from the more lithe, domesticated build of the Temple Cat.

Or maybe a Set Beast? Or an Egyptian themed Alligator? How about a bird-type called a "Horus"?
I want to roleplay. Particularly, Dragon Age. If you're interested in a semi-lit/adv-lit Dragon Age RP, shoot me a message.
Dragon131
CreaturesTrade

Post by Dragon131 »

GenericDragon wrote:
Soleil wrote:Other than the whole "I wasn't around for the first ones" excuse, I have yet to see anyone give a valid reason why they want new temple cats, at least from my perspective.
That could go both ways, though. There's no "valid" reason for why someone wants new temple cats, but there's no "valid" reason why someone doesn't want them, either. Although, that's perspective.

Personally, I would want a new Temple Cat because it would continue on with the Egyptian theme for a few animals. I want a pair of Temple Cats and, while I don't like the Shaas, I will eventually try to get a pair of those too, because they look Egyptian inspired and I love Egyptian mythology. So, a new Temple Cat would go into that--I want more creatures of Egyptian mythology/cultural influence.

Could this be accomplished differently? Sure. Make a new creature that's like a Temple Cat, but not quite--call it a Bastet, and make it a slightly stockier (but still thin and lithe), black in color, adorned with gold jewelry.

Or, if people who want a remake of the Temple Cat because it's Egyptian inspired (like myself), maybe a Sahkmet... It could be the more expensive creature. The three shard is the pale colored lioness-looking cat, and the five shard could be a pure black one with gold jewelry...This to get away from the more lithe, domesticated build of the Temple Cat.

Or maybe a Set Beast? Or an Egyptian themed Alligator? How about a bird-type called a "Horus"?
Or maybe a canine based off Anubis?
ImageMolten Bone Dragon up for Auction! Magistream: ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Dragon Cave: ImageImageImageImageImage
DevilCrest
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade
Location: Lounging in a tree at the Jungle of Raza surrounded by panthers.

Post by DevilCrest »

Dragon131 wrote:Or maybe a canine based off Anubis?
I'd want one of those. :smirk: *tries to stay on-topic* :P

ImageImageImageImage
Spoiler
Personal SB Telvian Panther Army: 2,182
Image[/center]
TheTreeTurtle
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Earth
CreaturesTrade

Post by TheTreeTurtle »

DevilCrest wrote:
Dragon131 wrote:Or maybe a canine based off Anubis?
I'd want one of those. :smirk: *tries to stay on-topic* :P
Kinda like the Ashen Shaa?
bebbies:

Buy from Winter 2011 & 2012
Gemcrafter Lineage
Wishlist

Thank you for all the gifts! <3

Return to “Community Discussion”