Tattoos and Piercings

This forum is for serious discussions of any kind.

Moderator: Hall of Speakers Moderators

quetzalzotz
CreaturesTrade

Re: Tattoos and Piercings

Post by quetzalzotz »

Do you have a tattoo/piercing?: I have two ear lobe piercings on each ear, and a Celtic knotwork heart tattoo on my left chest. I'd like a nose piercing, but I have a runny nose almost constantly. I'd also like another tattoo on my shoulder.
If not, Are you against them in any way?
Do you think that people who have them should immediately be looked down upon because of it? Absolutely not. Piercings and tattoos aren't the creepy, gang-related, backroom things anymore. They can be true forms of art.
Why do you think people should/should not have them? I don't think people should or shouldn't have them. I think they are a very personal choice.
In the work force, should a tattoo or a piercing be the deciding factor in whether or not they get a job?This is a very tricky question. Some people don't want to see a tattoo or piercing on a professional, like a doctor. But personally, if my doctor had a nice tattoo, I'd be thrilled.
ImageImageImageImage
gazzy
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by gazzy »

Do you have a tattoo/piercing?: Yep, earlobes and one body piercing, an ankh tattoo on the back of my neck, and a robin on my chest.
Do you think that people who have them should immediately be looked down upon because of it? Absolutely not. It's my body, the artwork I decorate it with are on me, not on you. Tattoos and piercings are painful to get, require hard work to maintain, and good ones don't come from garages or basements.
Why do you think people should/should not have them? I'm indifferent. I think people should at least consider the idea before making the choice whether they want one or not, and that they should be allowed to explore their options.
In the work force, should a tattoo or a piercing be the deciding factor in whether or not they get a job? Having a tattoo or piercing in itself shouldn't be a deciding factor, but I understand content and appearance playing a role. For example, someone who has a tattoo of a symbol that is widely accepted as being offensive in a place that is difficult to cover regularly, I get not wanting to hire them. For customer service, people don't want to approach 'scary looking' people, so people with face tattoos or large facial piercings might be out. There's a bunch of logical reasoning, but society where I am is slowly moving closer to acceptance. One issue I do have is to be a lifeguard at a local water park, you can't have any visible tattoos, period. And you can't use anything to cover them. They've gotta be hidden by the uniform (which for many, is a one-piece swimsuit). That I find ridiculous.
Would love new crystalwings as gifts :)
missshadedlove
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by missshadedlove »

Well I have posted before but I thought maybe we could share some tattoos that we have if you have any. I wanted to share the newest one I got. It's my first big piece too.

It means "They shine in darkness"..I have been doing ancestry.com and one of the major nationalities that runs through my veins is Irish. My great great grandma was a Moran so the saying I found out was the family motto. Eventually I will be getting the coat of arms tattooed.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ZeroIwasaki
Member of The Dark Brotherhood
CreaturesTrade

Post by ZeroIwasaki »

Do you have a tattoo/piercing?: Only piercings. I'm not of the legal age to get tattoos yet, but I have a couple ideas running around, and one is a definite for tattoos. The one idea is a completely blacked out redwood tree on both of my arms. They will be at the base of my wrist, with the top at the inside of my elbows. To me, it's very meaningful. I am a California native, and redwoods are native to mostly California (they've been found in other places). I struggle with depression, PTSD, and number of other things, and I hope to beat it, and having these two trees, to me, will represent my strength to beat it, that I've grown more mature, and fought my way. Third reason is cause I just really like nature. I have 5 piercings as of now, a pair stretched lobes (6mm, soon to be 7mm), a pair of seconds at 2mm, and a 2mm conch on my left ear. I have plans to mirror the conch on my right though it might not be possible. I also have plans to get a tongue piercing, snakebites, and a septum.
If not, Are you against them in any way? Nope, I'm not against tattoos or piercings. Unless they're horribly done, then I just try to give my best advice to go to a better piercer/artist.
Do you think that people who have them should immediately be looked down upon because of it? NOPE. That's literally being closed-minded and extremely judgmental.
Why do you think people should/should not have them? I think that people get piercings and tattoos to express themselves, to decorate their body in a more permanent form than clothes and such, and sometimes if they need to feel pain, then by all means do it in a better form than self harm and such.
In the work force, should a tattoo or a piercing be the deciding factor in whether or not they get a job? Honestly, I think it should have absolutely no effect. It's already hard enough to get a job based on education, skill, etc. I'm disabled, underage, and modded, three strikes and it's near impossible for me to get a legal job. It shouldn't have an effect on hiring at all.
StarPainter
Member of The Herbalist's Guild
CreaturesTrade

Post by StarPainter »

Do you have a tattoo/piercing?:No, but I plan on getting both.
If not, Are you against them in any way? Nope, I'm all for them!
Do you think that people who have them should immediately be looked down upon because of it? I can see the expectations of people, and people who are willing to go through the pain must be tough, so people immediately, sometimes unknowingly, decide the person is dangerous. But, that's not true, nor fair. I know alot of people that are VERY nice, and have tattoos, for example, my mom's boyfriend. He is very nice, and people shouldn't be judged because of it. So, meh.
Why do you think people should/should not have them? It's not a matter of "I don't think people should have them" it's more like, "I don't care, do what you want" thing going on.
In the work force, should a tattoo or a piercing be the deciding factor in whether or not they get a job? No. Just, No. There's nothing more that needs to be said about that. No.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
25/25 gifts, Thank you!
It makes me very happy that within the second day of gifting, I had 10 gifts! I love you guys so much! <3
HUGS FOR ALL! :t-swoon:
StarPainter
CreaturesTrade

Post by StarPainter »

missshadedlove wrote:Well I have posted before but I thought maybe we could share some tattoos that we have if you have any. I wanted to share the newest one I got. It's my first big piece too.

It means "They shine in darkness"..I have been doing ancestry.com and one of the major nationalities that runs through my veins is Irish. My great great grandma was a Moran so the saying I found out was the family motto. Eventually I will be getting the coat of arms tattooed.
Oooh, very pretty. As I am still too young for tattoos, I haven't an idea what I want as a tattoo, except possibly the quote:
Josh from Drake And Josh wrote:The Cooliest?
Yeah. I love that show..... any suggestions to you guys? Also, should I get a stud or a ring in my nose?
25/25 gifts, Thank you!
It makes me very happy that within the second day of gifting, I had 10 gifts! I love you guys so much! <3
TxCat
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood
CreaturesTrade

Post by TxCat »

missshadedlove wrote: It means "They shine in darkness"..I have been doing ancestry.com and one of the major nationalities that runs through my veins is Irish. My great great grandma was a Moran so the saying I found out was the family motto. Eventually I will be getting the coat of arms tattooed.
Ever thought about getting it outlined with some of those lucent inks so that the tattoo really will shine in darkness? The ink is spectacular; it's really difficult to find a good artist who does more than grafitti lettering.

Still working on mine *sigh* We are ready to commit the design to paper and take it to an artist, but I cannot find anyone in the area will in to work on a fat woman :aah:

You'd think that they would be more undrestanding and less judgmental.
You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant. Harlan Ellison

DC: ImageImageImageImageImageImage Nyoka: ImageImageImage Flowergame: ImageImage
StarPainter
CreaturesTrade

Post by StarPainter »

You'd also think they'd realize you're really pretty!
25/25 gifts, Thank you!
KaalatheLunarWolf
CreaturesTrade

Post by KaalatheLunarWolf »

Do you have a tattoo/piercing?:
I have two tattoos, one on my right wrist for my daughter, and one on the back of my neck. As for piercings I have the usual two earlobe piercings (both sides), then on my left ear I have three forward helix piercings. I also have my belly button pierced.
~~~
If not, Are you against them in any way?
Even though I answered above I'm still going to fill this in. I am not against them in any way, I see them as a form of expression. They're our bodies, we should be able to do what we want with them.
~~~
Do you think that people who have them should immediately be looked down upon because of it?
No. Because people shouldn't be judged for how they look or what they have. In other countries people have them either because it is part of their culture, and tattoos/piercings are usually considered beautiful or a right of passage.
~~~
Why do you think people should/should not have them?
I don't think they should or shouldn't, just that they should do what they feel comfortable with. If you want them and are able to get them, then by all means do what you want. Don't like them or want them? Then don't get them
~~~
In the work force, should a tattoo or a piercing be the deciding factor in whether or not they get a job?
Heck no that shouldn't be a deciding factor. Someone shouldn't be chosen just because they have the perfect "look" for a job. So many parents and couples aren't able to provide for their families or themselves because the job they needed snubbed them all because of a small tattoo or a few piercings.
~*My Babies*~
ImageImageImageImage

----------
My Deviant Art | My Furaffinity | My Flight Rising
----------
I am a member of dA ARPGS
Tokotas | DracoStryx
MothballMilkshake
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade

Post by MothballMilkshake »

TxCat wrote:
missshadedlove wrote: It means "They shine in darkness"..I have been doing ancestry.com and one of the major nationalities that runs through my veins is Irish. My great great grandma was a Moran so the saying I found out was the family motto. Eventually I will be getting the coat of arms tattooed.
Ever thought about getting it outlined with some of those lucent inks so that the tattoo really will shine in darkness? The ink is spectacular; it's really difficult to find a good artist who does more than grafitti lettering.

Still working on mine *sigh* We are ready to commit the design to paper and take it to an artist, but I cannot find anyone in the area will in to work on a fat woman :aah:

You'd think that they would be more undrestanding and less judgmental.
Really? I never realised that was an issue. Would you be willing to go more in depth about it?
ImageImage My babies thank you
ImageImageImage
Member of the Watershop. Shop price+300, I can get you your creatures! Creatures for sale in my extra and SALE tabs, PM me

Return to “Hall of Speakers”