Facebook: Needed or Not?

This forum is for serious discussions of any kind.

Moderator: Hall of Speakers Moderators

Can you last 1 month without Facebook?

Yes
79%
No
21%

Total votes: 211

mulan
Member of The Dark Brotherhood
CreaturesTrade

Re: Facebook: Needed or Not?

Post by mulan »

pegasi1978 wrote:No Facebook will not steal your id. Once they have verified it, they delete the data containing the copy you uploaded.
Now I have my chance to get my Facebook account back ^^ yay, I'm so glad...

Thank you so much ^^
please mine in my keep^^
http://magistream.com/user/mulan/MY-CREATURES
ImageI'm a Sheep! thank you for the hug^^

Sheep are righteous, honest, shy, artistic, creative, gentle, generous, understanding
Sometimes they can be moody, a worrier, a complainer, and or too soft.
amarantinenoir
CreaturesTrade

Post by amarantinenoir »

I've stopped using Facebook, personally. It's too stressful. I don't like the people on there. None of them are my friends, only acquaintances.

Acquaintances that I don't like enough to tolerate their awful posts. Nope. Not associating with them.
The more special the snowflake, the more fun it is to melt.
Silenxia
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by Silenxia »

A funny story. My mom found my best friend on facebook and friended her. My friend went onto this one site where we do much of our RPing stuff and asked me if my mom was actually my grandmother. That still cracks me up even now lol.
The Wishlist in my profile is outdated (I can't quite figure out how to edit it now, so many of the creatures there have already been obtained).

Gift ideas: I am looking for event creatures now, but most anything will go. Thank you to everyone who has helped me achieve my Crystalwing goals.

ImageImageImageImage
annalily
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by annalily »

Honestly, it's very convenient to have, for myself and those who want to communicate with me. You don't need to post you're life story just because some people do on there. Just be smart about what information you put up. Your name is fine, but don't put up your address or phone number or other more personal info, and avoid getting into fights online.
It's useful for group projects, getting to see what someone looks like before you meet them (for my case, my freshman roommate). Contacting and sharing events to a large group of people, staying updated with certain groups, and for contacting people you don't know for things like returning a wallet or ID. Depending on how old you are, it might not be needed, but I find it's very inconvenient not to have in collage. I know a few people without one, and it can kind of be a pain to keep them updated for club events that were planned or announced over Facebook.
mulan
CreaturesTrade

Post by mulan »

pegasi1978 wrote:No Facebook will not steal your id. Once they have verified it, they delete the data containing the copy you uploaded.
now, i sent my ID to facebook. i must wait & see if it work or not..
please mine in my keep^^
http://magistream.com/user/mulan/MY-CREATURES
ImageI'm a Sheep! thank you for the hug^^

Sheep are righteous, honest, shy, artistic, creative, gentle, generous, understanding
Sometimes they can be moody, a worrier, a complainer, and or too soft.
Swiftla
CreaturesTrade

Post by Swiftla »

Like most social media sites, facebook is not "needed." It depends what you use it for. I use it to keep up with and group message friends for get-togethers as some people don't have cell phones/are easier to reach on facebook. I also increasingly use it for university as there are groups for certain programs and classes. The program groups post event/study information such as job fairs, study sessions and help with choosing courses, which I have used extensively and it has helped me a great deal. The course groups are helpful as well as students can share study notes/tips, help eachother with assignments and create study groups.

So for me, it is not a necessity but a useful tool for my school life. I also use it for social media, keeping up with people I wouldn't otherwise be in contact with and for following news and blogs. I enjoy it and will continue to use it, though if you simply use it for friending random people you used to go to school with or just because your friends tell you to, I'd see why you wouldn't see the value.
kit124
CreaturesTrade

Post by kit124 »

i believe yes
commonly, i only open my account whenver i need to send message to my love ones
so logically the purpose of facebook for me is only for communication
sometimes i play games on it,,but not often
hehe :D
zombiemittens
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by zombiemittens »

I used to be super big on using Facebook. I used to post photos all the time, check in everywhere I went, tag my friends in our photos, make plans for events on there... everything. Now, I don't care about it. Everytime I scroll through my news feed, I find myself thinking to myself, 'no one cares. shut up, ugh. you're so stupid. who even cares what you ate for dinner last night?! NO, I WILL NOT TYPE 'AMEN' I'M NOT EVEN RELIGIOUS!' :lol:

Yeah, it's a great way to get in touch with people who you haven't heard from in ages. But at the same time, it seems like people use it to brag, honestly. 'Oh, look what I bought! -Insert expensive item here-' or 'Look, we're eating at -insert expensive restaurant here-'

I kind of like having my privacy, you know? My family and friends don't need to see or know every little detail of my life. :/ Now, I literally only use Facebook to play Farmville and post my creatures to get them clicks. XD
Taylus
CreaturesTrade

Post by Taylus »

No one NEEDS facebook.

It's kind of silly to think it should be a necessity.

MagiStream
ImageImageImageImage Dragon Cave Profile
Please Click My Eggs

https://dragcave.net/user/Taylus
FreyaShadowbreeze
CreaturesTrade

Post by FreyaShadowbreeze »

I use Facebook to promote my hobby (photographic model) and to talk with my friends and with my boyfriend, that lives in a different country. But, give me something fun to do, like a cool videogame or a cool book and I'll just forget Facebook really easily. I can talk with my friends with my phone and with my boyfriend on Steam, so, as for the poll.. Yeah, i can last 1 month without Facebook, as long as I have something to keep me entretained :3

Return to “Hall of Speakers”