How Was Your Day Thread V5

Discuss MagiStream and site-related topics.
TheWolfieNebula
Member of Artificer's Association An icon depicting the element Light
CreaturesTrade

Re: How Was Your Day Thread V5

Post by TheWolfieNebula »

I finally got my Alicanto Heart today!! I am ready to save all the gold and buy all the creatures! :woo:
Sometimes a sparkle-fennec fox, sometimes a werewolf, always a nerd. My timezone is BST

Fav Creatures!:
I love any wolf/dog/canid creatures the absolute mostest!!
25/25 Gifts - thank you all!! <3

Others:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Image Image
Rainwater
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade

Post by Rainwater »

I went out and bought some flowers today. I also planted my snap dragon seeds, so hopefully they will take. I knew if it didn't do it soon I just wouldn't do it at all, and I really wanted some flowers. Can't have any inside because of the cats though.
Spoiler
Image <3 Image <3 Image <3 Image Eggs for clicking! :look:ImageImageImageImageImage
TheTreeTurtle
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Earth
CreaturesTrade

Post by TheTreeTurtle »

Rainwater wrote: April 28th, 2024, 7:59:12 pm I went out and bought some flowers today. I also planted my snap dragon seeds, so hopefully they will take. I knew if it didn't do it soon I just wouldn't do it at all, and I really wanted some flowers. Can't have any inside because of the cats though.
Spoiler
I love those!

I love plants so much and don't have an outside space, but I also have cats, one of whom LOVES to destroy anything even vaguely resembling a plant, so all of mine are plastic :lol:

The one spring I was able to try growing things outside on a patio I managed to get huge elephant ears and a variety of flowers to grow. One day I'll get to it again.
bebbies:

Sell me Rewins / Crystalwings[PAUSED] :yarly: Buy from Winter 2011 & 2012
Check out the Gemcrafter Lineage :angel: Wishlist

I'd also love any SB Crystalwings during this 15th Anniversary Celebration <3

Real
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade

Post by Real »

Don't you just love being a woman in today's society?
Spoiler
For whatever reason my kitchen has a neon tube, which decided to give up on its life on Saturday afternoon. Never had to change one of these things before. I'm also short so I had to climb on top of the kitchen table to reach it. Took a picture of the model and went to buy a new one today since everything was closed on Sunday. While running an errand I ran into my good old asshole of a father and asked him if he could tell me how to change the thing. He told me it's too complicated and that I shouldn't bother and ask a guy neighbor to change it for me. Later at the store I asked the guy selling the neon tubes to give me an idea on how these things are changed. He dismissively told me to call an electrician to do it for me.
Bought the tube, got home, searched the internet, climbed back on the table and changed the damned thing. Took me about 5 minutes.
by Saebra
CinnaminDraconna
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Life
CreaturesTrade

Post by CinnaminDraconna »

That's pretty much why I learned..
to change a tire
to change the oil in the car.. and check it regularly
replace headlights, taillights and hazard lights
replace windshield wipers.. and add fluid to the reservoir
I even know how to change the battery
.. but unless it's an emergency, I'd rather take it to a 'real' mechanic.

For some reason, I've never been involved with a male who was mechanically inclined.

Current roommate is an electrician who can also do carpentry and plumbing. :D
I am in the process of moving house, so I will not be around much for the foreseeable future.
Airasyraye
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Water
CreaturesTrade

Post by Airasyraye »

Real wrote: April 29th, 2024, 6:43:05 am Don't you just love being a woman in today's society?
Spoiler
For whatever reason my kitchen has a neon tube, which decided to give up on its life on Saturday afternoon. Never had to change one of these things before. I'm also short so I had to climb on top of the kitchen table to reach it. Took a picture of the model and went to buy a new one today since everything was closed on Sunday. While running an errand I ran into my good old asshole of a father and asked him if he could tell me how to change the thing. He told me it's too complicated and that I shouldn't bother and ask a guy neighbor to change it for me. Later at the store I asked the guy selling the neon tubes to give me an idea on how these things are changed. He dismissively told me to call an electrician to do it for me.
Bought the tube, got home, searched the internet, climbed back on the table and changed the damned thing. Took me about 5 minutes.
Exactly. There's going to be things that only a guy can do, sure. They're stronger, and usually taller, and that's just plain old natural fact.

But this? It's changing a light-bulb, quit being an ass. Reminds me of the time I was staying at my folks' house after they had moved state. Briefly considering buying it off them, decided not to, too big for just me. But anyway, the backyard was fully privacy-fenced. Can't see it from the street. At the time, my itty bitty new kitten baby just adored hunting through tall grass being all lion-y and so I let it grow up high enough to completely hide him (he was never outside without me, so, you know, no worries of hawks or whatever). I maintained the front yard for the property values, but backyard? No one's business. Well, my dude neighbor must have thought, "Oh, no, the poor little girl must not have been able to get the mower to start, that pull rope too tough for her" and freaking reached over the gate to unlock it and went in and started mowing. I *woke up* to an uninvited man in my backyard. I knew him, but still.

Now, his heart really was in the right place. He was trying to help, he was a good guy, so I didn't like yell at him or whatever. But men really need to learn how to not assume. It isn't just, "Damn, this woman is ungrateful." It's, "Oh, so, even though I'm a grown-ass adult who didn't ask, you clearly think less of me or my abilities simply because I'm female." Good intentions or not, that really hurts your feelings.

My own topic: AAAAAAAANTS! Every frick-frackin' year, it's AAAANNNNTSSss in my kitchen! The slightest missed crumb, the tiniest missed teeth in the ziplock of the cereal bag, a dish in the sink because I didn't want to wash after every meal, and it's ANTS. And spiders. And June bugs. And houseflies. And, if I get some fresh fruit like my beloved bananas, fruit flies.

I hate living in OH sometimes.
<3 Feel free to look at my Holiday Extras and Others tabs to pick out gifts if you want them! <3 :t-swoon: Want lowest-gen pygmy gemdragons and pgymy crystalwings, psittrax dragons, alt colors :t-swoon: ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
SirChicken
MagiStream Donor
Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Light
CreaturesTrade

Post by SirChicken »

It's 9AM and I'm just sitting here waiting for it to be tomorrow already. :splat:
9/25 gifts ~ thank you <3

Please help my babies grow C:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Rainwater
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade

Post by Rainwater »

Went to Walmart and got some supplies. Of course, I forgot to pick up my medication. So, I have to go back. :t-facepalm:
Image <3 Image <3 Image <3 Image Eggs for clicking! :look:ImageImageImageImageImage
EstherGamer
Member of Artificer's Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade

Post by EstherGamer »

Rainwater wrote: April 30th, 2024, 3:59:36 pm Went to Walmart and got some supplies. Of course, I forgot to pick up my medication. So, I have to go back. :t-facepalm:
ADHD, I'm guessing?
Either way, being forgetful like that SUCKS. I do similar things all the time, I'll do something only to forget the most important thing and have to go back. (One time I opened a new tab in Chrome... and immediately forgot why until later that day.)
TCF Profile: Here
If I'm in a RP here and stop replying without warning, message me on TCF because it's the fastest way to contact me
PFP is an edited version of Shaymin Sky's portrait from PMD:Explorers of Sky, I edited it myself
Life's a mess right now, go easy on me
Rainwater
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by Rainwater »

EstherGamer wrote: April 30th, 2024, 5:57:27 pm
Rainwater wrote: April 30th, 2024, 3:59:36 pm Went to Walmart and got some supplies. Of course, I forgot to pick up my medication. So, I have to go back. :t-facepalm:
ADHD, I'm guessing?
Either way, being forgetful like that SUCKS. I do similar things all the time, I'll do something only to forget the most important thing and have to go back. (One time I opened a new tab in Chrome... and immediately forgot why until later that day.)
Depression meds actually. I might have remembered if I went down by the pharmacy, but I didn't. Going back wasn't all bad though. I bought another plant. :P

Return to “Community Discussion”