Koi Fishes, Where Thou Art Thou?!

Discuss MagiStream and site-related topics.
TheWolfieNebula
Member of Artificer's Association An icon depicting the element Light
CreaturesTrade

Koi Fishes, Where Thou Art Thou?!

Post by TheWolfieNebula »

One of the funniest things from coming back after not being in the game for 10+ years is that Koi Fish feel really rare now :aah:

Like I passed over them so much back in the day, and now I’m having a hard time to get four for the Mordecai quest!! Also my luck with genders has been terrible - one male out of all my eggs and purchases and I was silly and used him to make a Capricorn :t-sweat:

Anyone else having a hard time getting older creatures now there’s so many other stream creatures? What’s your struggle to get? :t-X3:
Sometimes a sparkle-fennec fox, sometimes a werewolf, always a nerd. My timezone is BST

Fav Creatures!:
I love any wolf/dog/canid creatures the absolute mostest!!
Magiversary Wishlist!

Others:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Image Image
falsanthin
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade
Gender: Literally just six cats of varying gender identities sharing a suit of human skin

Re: Koi Fishes, Where Thou Art Thou?!

Post by falsanthin »

Winged cats have been the bane of my existence most recently :lol: i was hunting eggs to freeze for my collection and it took weeks of stream cleaning to finally catch one. To be fair though they are listed as rare so i was expecting it.

I've seen quite a few koi personally (one of the reasons i switched my element back from water to neutral is i kept hatching them too fast to get frozen low % hatchlings XD )
TheWolfieNebula
CreaturesTrade

falsanthin wrote: April 27th, 2024, 3:08:18 pm Winged cats have been the bane of my existence most recently :lol: i was hunting eggs to freeze for my collection and it took weeks of stream cleaning to finally catch one. To be fair though they are listed as rare so i was expecting it.

I've seen quite a few koi personally (one of the reasons i switched my element back from water to neutral is i kept hatching them too fast to get frozen low % hatchlings XD )
Ahhh I’ve seen a few of the kitties I think, but it’s not a focus for me *just* yet - we’ll see how I do when I do look at them XD

I think I’ve seen like two or three Kois myself? I’ve literally frozen eggs I was less concerned about when I’ve seen them :t-xD:

(Also I do need to remember to grab foxes to actually get an element!)
Sometimes a sparkle-fennec fox, sometimes a werewolf, always a nerd. My timezone is BST

Fav Creatures!:
Magiversary Wishlist!

Others:

Image Image
Katnilb
MagiStream Donor
Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Light
CreaturesTrade

Post by Katnilb »

It's definitely slower to find specific stream only eggs with more creatures - at least, it feels that way.

I wonder if the Koi (and Ouranian Koi) are rarer now partly due to increased demand from the achievements.
TheWolfieNebula
CreaturesTrade

Katnilb wrote: April 27th, 2024, 3:41:41 pm It's definitely slower to find specific stream only eggs with more creatures - at least, it feels that way.

I wonder if the Koi (and Ouranian Koi) are rarer now partly due to increased demand from the achievements.
That’s a good point. I was going to start breeding mine, but alas all my Ouranian Koi are male atm and I have a grand total of one male Koi Fish D: I’ll get there eventually. Just extra annoying as I’m I was gunning for the Emerald Wyvern anyway and now it’s a higher priority!

Fav Creatures!:
Magiversary Wishlist!

Others:

Image Image
Airasyraye
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade

Post by Airasyraye »

Yep. I made a post myself not long ago in the Help/Suggestions thread. I think something needs recalibrated. “Very common” shows up less than “rare” at times. It took me streaming cleaning over 50 creatures to get two “very common” kraken.

One thing I think would help: those creatures that show up in tributaries should not show up in the main stream at all.
<3 Feel free to look at my Holiday Extras and Others tabs to pick out gifts if you want them! <3 :t-swoon: Want lowest-gen pygmy gemdragons and pgymy crystalwings, psittrax dragons, alt colors :t-swoon:
TheTreeTurtle
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Earth
CreaturesTrade

Post by TheTreeTurtle »

Airasyraye wrote: April 27th, 2024, 5:04:24 pm Yep. I made a post myself not long ago in the Help/Suggestions thread. I think something needs recalibrated. “Very common” shows up less than “rare” at times. It took me streaming cleaning over 50 creatures to get two “very common” kraken.

One thing I think would help: those creatures that show up in tributaries should not show up in the main stream at all.
I like that. Or even a new tributary like "Ancestral Stream Preserve" that is a tributary only for the first 100 released Stream creatures (from Koi Fish to Lakiran Platypus) set up on the map above where the Stream is near the little hut.

That actually sounds so nostalgic now that I've written it out :well:
bebbies:
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Sell me Rewins / Crystalwings[PAUSED] :yarly: Buy from Winter 2011 & 2012
Check out the Gemcrafter Lineage :angel: Wishlist

TheWolfieNebula
CreaturesTrade

TheTreeTurtle wrote: April 27th, 2024, 5:19:43 pm
Airasyraye wrote: April 27th, 2024, 5:04:24 pm Yep. I made a post myself not long ago in the Help/Suggestions thread. I think something needs recalibrated. “Very common” shows up less than “rare” at times. It took me streaming cleaning over 50 creatures to get two “very common” kraken.

I like that. Or even a new tributary like "Ancestral Stream Preserve" that is a tributary only for the first 100 released Stream creatures (from Koi Fish to Lakiran Platypus) set up on the map above where the Stream is near the little hut.

That actually sounds so nostalgic now that I've written it out :well:
That’s actually a super cool idea! :yey: I think I prefer the idea of an “Ancestral Stream”, it could maybe be accessible via a quest? That feels like a cool idea to me.

I definitely think it makes sense to have the stream have *all* available creatures, and the tributaries are just distilled areas for each subsection.

Fav Creatures!:
Magiversary Wishlist!

Others:

Image Image
falsanthin
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade
Gender: Literally just six cats of varying gender identities sharing a suit of human skin

Post by falsanthin »

Airasyraye wrote: April 27th, 2024, 5:04:24 pm One thing I think would help: those creatures that show up in tributaries should not show up in the main stream at all.
I'd love this personally. At the moment there are 67 main stream only creatures if you don't count limited events and seasonal creatures like the snow hares. So the main stream could be its own region and still have more creature variety than the most varied tributary (The mountain pass having the most at 50 different creatures, everlight crevasse being the lowest at 19 creature species) -if my counts are right anyway-

Even if this is not possible i would at least like to see some of the main stream creatures being spread out to different tributaries so at least that way there is still more of a chance of coming across them. I understand if thats not possible due to creature location/lore reasons though (Eg. lakiran platypus and lakiran seahorses being from the lake)

Also not demanding anything here either just incase what i've said has come across that way. Its more of a it would be cool if type suggestion XD I know the site has other higher priority things like gold issues to deal with first
Last edited by falsanthin on April 27th, 2024, 6:21:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TheWolfieNebula
CreaturesTrade

falsanthin wrote: April 27th, 2024, 6:04:53 pm Also not demanding anything here either just incase what i've said has come across that way its more of a it would be cool if type suggestion XD I know the site has other higher priority things like gold issues to deal with first
Honestly I’m surprised this got a few people’s eyes on it and it’s not just me being a boring old adult struggling to find things XD

Fav Creatures!:
Magiversary Wishlist!

Others:

Image Image

Return to “Community Discussion”