How Was Your Day Thread V5

Discuss MagiStream and site-related topics.
Enchanteddil
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Earth
CreaturesTrade

Re: How Was Your Day Thread V5

Post by Enchanteddil »

NyxNoire wrote: February 6th, 2024, 2:18:53 pm Treated myself to two fastelavnsboller as dessert. SO good! Yummy pastry with hazelnut cream and whipped cream and icing and goodness :well: I was planning on saving the second one for later but it was so good I just couldn't wait :lol:
That sounds sooooooo good :t-drool:

Just went to the OPD and came back with meds. This flu that's doing its rounds really got me this time :t-cry:
NyxNoire
Site Moderator
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by NyxNoire »

Enchanteddil wrote: February 7th, 2024, 5:54:43 am That sounds sooooooo good :t-drool:

Just went to the OPD and came back with meds. This flu that's doing its rounds really got me this time :t-cry:
I'd send you some if I could, it wouldn't cure your flu but it would at least be tastier than meds :t-hugs:

I hope you'll feel better real soon <3
Spoiler
<3 Thank you so much for my pressies! <3
ImageImageImage
ImageImage ImageImageImage Image
Merkwerkee
MagiStream Donor
Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Earth
CreaturesTrade

Post by Merkwerkee »

Dangit, now I want more sesame balls D:

The Shattered Compass
I do free CSS
Sig Set By Incandescence
Pugnacious
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Light
CreaturesTrade

Post by Pugnacious »

Ohhh my god. I had this whole post written and fell asleep... Then was so busy I never bothered looking at my computer til now... fml T_T

Last. I don't know, a while- my parents just. Fell apart, mentally. Which due to living with my mom that was... intense. And my dad just. Hard to function when he's bringing me down every day.
Now, finally, we have everything back to normal, thank G-d, but ugh. I fell into such a slump, I neglected everyone I talk to so badly, and I feel like absolute crap about it. Which, the longer I go, the worse I feel and figure I should probably just leave them alone, because, I mean, I probably ticked them off, or, G-d forbid, I really hurt their feelings which makes me feel. I don't wanna think about it. I gotta get back to responding to some of them, but, I'm so nervous... Maybe its best I just leave them alone. :t-corner:
Yet, at the same time I... messed up with my guy. I started texting him, doing my best to just give a day to day gentle "what's up, this is what's going on with me, hope to see you soon", but. I let stress, pressure from my mom, and people who don't acknowledge my boundaries get the best of me. We communicated early on, texting is very hard on him, he just really, really struggles with non-verbal communication (as in, not in person). I crossed that line, though a BIG part of it for him is his work uptick, but also I really knew better, to leave him be much more and I just feel awful.
Between the snoring (which he didn't seem to be genuinely upset about, just casually said he valued his sleep so... we'll figure something out- I got breathe right strips), and it stressing him out deeply to get frequent (albeit, my idea of frequent and his is WILDLY different) texting I really got in my head about messing things up.
I think the fact he was able to calmly communicate to me he can't do the daily texting with his work uptick is a good sign, along with our good communication (regarding what we need) in general is a good sign, too, I really hope its all alright! I think he'd tell me if it wasn't. But, most dudes are so confusing, I'm not entirely sure...
I gave him space (although I sent him a cat pic today because it was just so cute. but I think that's okay, that's been okay when communication isn't good) and now I just gotta wait and see what's up, I suppose.

I was able to fix some things, and my dad came around and tried to make things good, however he immediately jumped back to being kinda crappy the second I said something that was stressful for him, ugh. And day 3 of suffering from my mom deciding to wake me up at 1am, and insist the next day when I inevitably can't sleep because of that horrific sleep pattern, that I just need to "power through" the day and not pass out. So far, two days of passing out around 9am and not waking up til 2-3pm or so. This sucks.
I at least made a new friend I'm really enjoying being around. : ) And the new "default sort" option for tabs is making my day! :wee:
~*Multum in Parvo*~
Pug - Agender (They/Them, please!) - Bisexual - Gemini
Here's my wishlist!
Check out my tabs! I'll trade anything in my trade & frozen tabs, and will breed anything for you in my normal tabs!
Please PM me!

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
wystearya
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Light
CreaturesTrade

Post by wystearya »

In a low mood today. I guess I shouldn't be, but I am.

I have various medical issues and doctors are no help. I need to find a doctor that will listen, but I am not in the mood and probably won't even bother to look for months. I get this way sometimes, and I know it's not good, but I have to let myself get through my mental blocks. I think I may have Lupus, because I have symptoms that seem like they could match. I am having a flare of skin rashes, I get them from time to time, and the last dermatologist I saw was awful. He made a disparaging comment about 'it's always women' and just put me on prednisone. Diagnosis: Discoid Eczema = round rashes... WOW so helpful! No... It was no help at all and I had to wean myself off the prednisone, as it made me sick and that is how you are supposed to stop, slowly. He didn't tell me that, I happened to find out online. I could have had serious issues if I just stopped the round of medicine as he prescribed. :sweat:

I also have high cholesterol (inherited) and my general practitioner put me on a fairly high dose of statins. Some months in, I started to get dizzy, and when you look up the side effects, dizziness is the top one. Well, my doctor 'didn't think it could be the statins, but come in to see me". Um, no. I did message (there is a patient portal for messages) that I felt dismissed, and I had even said that I understood it may not be the statins, but I wanted to just try something else. I know there are some other medications you can take for it. Needless to say, I didn't bother to go in to the doctor. I DID end up cutting way back on my medication, and SHOCKER, I am no longer having dizzy spells. I plan to go to a pharmacy to check my lipid panel (cholesterol levels) and see how I am doing. But I really shouldn't have to do this without a doctor. T_T

I had some mental therapy last year, and I have PTSD and Anxiety. (Childhood trauma related.) And the therapy helped, but the anixeity and PTSD won't ever go away. Not that I thought it would, it's just hard some days. It always will be sometimes.

Sorry for the rant/vent, but I felt like this had to go somewhere.

I do hope everyone is ok and we all get through our tough times.
Image Image ~ Image ~ Image Image

Wishlist in profile. <3 25/25 gifts - Thank you!
EstherGamer
Member of Artificer's Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade

Post by EstherGamer »

wystearya wrote: February 8th, 2024, 11:27:17 am In a low mood today. I guess I shouldn't be, but I am.

I have various medical issues and doctors are no help. I need to find a doctor that will listen, but I am not in the mood and probably won't even bother to look for months. I get this way sometimes, and I know it's not good, but I have to let myself get through my mental blocks. I think I may have Lupus, because I have symptoms that seem like they could match. I am having a flare of skin rashes, I get them from time to time, and the last dermatologist I saw was awful. He made a disparaging comment about 'it's always women' and just put me on prednisone. Diagnosis: Discoid Eczema = round rashes... WOW so helpful! No... It was no help at all and I had to wean myself off the prednisone, as it made me sick and that is how you are supposed to stop, slowly. He didn't tell me that, I happened to find out online. I could have had serious issues if I just stopped the round of medicine as he prescribed. :sweat:

I also have high cholesterol (inherited) and my general practitioner put me on a fairly high dose of statins. Some months in, I started to get dizzy, and when you look up the side effects, dizziness is the top one. Well, my doctor 'didn't think it could be the statins, but come in to see me". Um, no. I did message (there is a patient portal for messages) that I felt dismissed, and I had even said that I understood it may not be the statins, but I wanted to just try something else. I know there are some other medications you can take for it. Needless to say, I didn't bother to go in to the doctor. I DID end up cutting way back on my medication, and SHOCKER, I am no longer having dizzy spells. I plan to go to a pharmacy to check my lipid panel (cholesterol levels) and see how I am doing. But I really shouldn't have to do this without a doctor. T_T

I had some mental therapy last year, and I have PTSD and Anxiety. (Childhood trauma related.) And the therapy helped, but the anixeity and PTSD won't ever go away. Not that I thought it would, it's just hard some days. It always will be sometimes.

Sorry for the rant/vent, but I felt like this had to go somewhere.

I do hope everyone is ok and we all get through our tough times.
Hopefully you'll get through this too! Getting a personal, firsthand example of Murphy's Law sucks, speaking from experience. :t-hugs:

This week's been good for me at least.
TCF Profile: Here
If I'm in a RP here and stop replying without warning, message me on TCF because it's the fastest way to contact me
PFP is an edited version of Shaymin Sky's portrait from PMD:Explorers of Sky, I edited it myself
Life's a mess right now, go easy on me
AmenoSakura
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild
CreaturesTrade

Post by AmenoSakura »

I've been sucked back into Neopets and I'm finally rich on there. :D I've got not one but two Valentine's Kougras and I'm very happy with how my progress is going on the site.
Image Ameno Sakura. Nonbinary. Asexual. Panromantic. Greymuzzle.
Furry - Gamer - Artist - Writer
ImageImageImageImageImage I have the same username on Discord, ToyHou.se, Twitter and BlueSky. Image
LittleMaple
Member of Artificer's Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by LittleMaple »

Bad day. My girlfriend got into an accident (not her fault she was riding passenger) and now she's scared to drive and she almost gagged when her dad tried to serve her spaghetti because it smelled like the burnt air bag. And now I think she's upset at me. I'm so worried about her. I just hate it so much. I hate I couldn't protect her. I hate that it happened. I hate that she's scared now. I hate that she got hurt. I hate thst she'll probably have trauma for the rest of her life now. I'm so drained. Still working on my cosplay but the con is Saturday idk if I'll get done in time. I'm just feeling like shit and I need a hug
Meowdy!! I'm Maple :3 I have a fantastic soulfriend offsite <3

I'm a newer user and I struggle with social cues and have minor anxiety around pms. Please keep this in mind when messaging me :3

Mobile user only </3
EstherGamer
Member of Artificer's Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade

Post by EstherGamer »

LittleMaple wrote: February 8th, 2024, 8:14:31 pm Bad day. My girlfriend got into an accident (not her fault she was riding passenger) and now she's scared to drive and she almost gagged when her dad tried to serve her spaghetti because it smelled like the burnt air bag. And now I think she's upset at me. I'm so worried about her. I just hate it so much. I hate I couldn't protect her. I hate that it happened. I hate that she's scared now. I hate that she got hurt. I hate thst she'll probably have trauma for the rest of her life now. I'm so drained. Still working on my cosplay but the con is Saturday idk if I'll get done in time. I'm just feeling like shit and I need a hug
Hate to welcome you to the "experienced Murphy's Law firsthand" club, but I'm here after last year too. Hopefully you'll also get through this. :t-hugs:
TCF Profile: Here
If I'm in a RP here and stop replying without warning, message me on TCF because it's the fastest way to contact me
PFP is an edited version of Shaymin Sky's portrait from PMD:Explorers of Sky, I edited it myself
Life's a mess right now, go easy on me
Enchanteddil
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Earth
CreaturesTrade

Post by Enchanteddil »

NyxNoire wrote: February 7th, 2024, 1:06:43 pm I'd send you some if I could, it wouldn't cure your flu but it would at least be tastier than meds :t-hugs:

I hope you'll feel better real soon <3
Spoiler
That looks yum yum :t-drool:

Feeling much better today. The past few days were hell D: D:

Return to “Community Discussion”