What should I focus on?

Come here, take a break, chat with friends about anything and everything.

Which ones?

Poll ended at May 20th, 2011, 3:41:15 pm

Mutt
45%
Quest
No votes
Soldier Six
18%
The Element
18%
Darkness Within
9%
I hate all of them
9%
I like all of them, I can choose!
No votes

Total votes: 11

dinohorse1120
CreaturesTrade
Location: Sitting infront of Stephenie Meyer's house, protesting her.

What should I focus on?

Post by dinohorse1120 »

I write. A lot. And I seem to be pretty good at it. Right now, I have a few different stories going, but I want to focus on two, but I can't decide. I want to eventually publish them, so I wanted to get some feedback from people besides my friend. Here are a few of them with basic descriptions. Please vote on the poll above.

Mutt
Spoiler
Dogs have evolved to become the dominant species after the humans died off. They have their own government, technology, and ideas, but carry many human traits, such as racism. Mutts are the unfit creatures of the dog society. When one Mutt;s brother gets killed by government forces, he sets off to find out why, finding that the corruption of his people is much deeper than expected.
Quest
Spoiler
A young teen has to complete a dangerous Quest, as his choice against execution for a crime. He must travel to the farthest reaches of his world to get special objects, accompanied by a snobbish satyr Questaid, an overly-eager cat-elf, and a silent Eventkeeper, who tells the story.
Soldier Six
Spoiler
In a futuristic world, a man wins a competition to find his long-lost friend and live the easy life, only to be drugged and told that he is the sixth soldier in an elite group of the government's army. He finds himself partially immune to the amnesia-inducing drug, dressed in a high-tech suit, and replaced by a double set up so no one would know he was gone.
The Element (series)
Spoiler
Four teens gain the ability to control one of the four elements and are told that there is an orb to grant them one single wish, if they could get to it. They each set off on the journey, driven by their own desire, but there is one other, one that no one was told about. And he has a secret that they may want to hear.
Darkness Within
Spoiler
Demons have managed to get out of the Dark Realm and into the human world, with a catch: they must enter a human and get them to release them. A small group of Demets, as the humans are called, must track down and kill a very powerful demon who has almost completely taken over his host and is close to breaking free, ready to bring chaos to Earth.
Image Rannoch guards the young ones of my Keep
ImageImageImageImageImage
TxCat
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood
CreaturesTrade

Re: What should I focus on?

Post by TxCat »

I chose the two most original sounding, based on what I would have liked to read. Most of them sound rather ordinary but "Mutt" and "Soldier 6" stand out both as writing challenges and as a potentially original story line.
You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant. Harlan Ellison

DC: ImageImageImageImageImageImage Nyoka: ImageImageImage Flowergame: ImageImage
dinohorse1120
CreaturesTrade

Post by dinohorse1120 »

TxCat wrote:I chose the two most original sounding, based on what I would have liked to read. Most of them sound rather ordinary but "Mutt" and "Soldier 6" stand out both as writing challenges and as a potentially original story line.
thank you!
ryer
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by ryer »

I voted for Element because to me that one has the most potential to explore different personalities and driving forces behind people, how different yet similar people are in what they want and feel. The element and wish thing could even be used as a complex metaphor rather than an actual "quest" and the reader could discover the truth at the end (the boring reality ..) I personally didn't like the mutt one, it reminded me of animal farm rewrapped. Buut it's up to you, a good writer could make any of those work well depending on their take and style.
dinohorse1120
CreaturesTrade

Post by dinohorse1120 »

ryer wrote:I voted for Element because to me that one has the most potential to explore different personalities and driving forces behind people, how different yet similar people are in what they want and feel. The element and wish thing could even be used as a complex metaphor rather than an actual "quest" and the reader could discover the truth at the end (the boring reality ..) I personally didn't like the mutt one, it reminded me of animal farm rewrapped. Buut it's up to you, a good writer could make any of those work well depending on their take and style.
I was talking to my grandfather and he said something about animal farm and how my Mutt sounded similar to it. I actually hadn't heard about it until he told me, so I had no idea what he walk talking about. Thank you for your opinion.
cyberus151
CreaturesTrade

Post by cyberus151 »

*Glomps Dino* :t-glomp:

I'd say either 'The Darkness Within' or 'Mutt'. Mutt seems much more original then msot other plots I've seen, so that is what I ended up voting for.
Hey, I'm an ancient user. Ignore my profile and such, too tired to update, haha.
~ImageImageImageImage~
dinohorse1120
CreaturesTrade

Post by dinohorse1120 »

cyberus151 wrote:*Glomps Dino* :t-glomp:

I'd say either 'The Darkness Within' or 'Mutt'. Mutt seems much more original then most other plots I've seen, so that is what I ended up voting for.
You can vote for two, you know. :)

I actually started Mutt, but my computer deleted it. Luckily I was only on the fifth page or so.
audreyfan101
CreaturesTrade

Post by audreyfan101 »

wow, they're all really good. go for your dreams, I say focus on all of them, but if that's a bit overwhelming (I know hun, I'm an author) I'd say Mutt
~Please click~
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
"Nothing is impossible. The word itself says 'I'm possible!'" -A.H. <3
† I believe in Jesus Christ, my Savior. †
Yaavi
CreaturesTrade

Post by Yaavi »

if it didn't work:

Image[/img]

** 25/25 **
wow. you guys are amazing. I got ALL 25 on only the very first day. apparently, I'm loved by people. you don't know how much it means. Happy Holidays, and a grand new year

Return to “Popsicle stand”